• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Development Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Originally, I had been using the Wc3:WoW Discussion Thread as a place to post updates about Wc3:WoW's development. But it only makes it more difficult for users to sort through official posts and unofficial ones. Therefore, I've taken the liberty to make life more convenient for everybody by creating a thread specifically for posting updates on Wc3:WoW's development progress.

As for the discussion thread, I'll be creating a new one soon. Our main thread is extremely cluttered and many users do not want to sort through 1000s of posts in a single thread for some information. Expect the new thread to be up in less than an hour.

Because this thread is not a thread up for discussion, I am leaving this thread closed. Discussions about the content provided in this thread (and any other threads) can be done in the discussion thread.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For today's update, I am checking each and every trigger from Wc3:WoW's previous version which is not compatible with patch 1.24 to discover which trigger(s) specifically make the mod not compatible. Then, I will transfer whatever works into the 1.24 version and a ton of time could be saved by doing just that. Even though the triggers are really messy and leaky, it's enough to get the mod to a playtesting state.

I'm also working on redoing the terrain of Mulgore because just about all the maps created for Wc3:WoW are around 180x180 up to 256x256 when I can increase it to 480x480. Increasing the map dimensions will help me scale the map more accurately and add more to the area than was there before. I've uploaded a screenshot to compare the map dimension differences below.

Attachments

• BiggerMap.png
    BiggerMap.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 661
Level 25
The triggers from the old version of Wc3:WoW are still being transferred to the newer version of Wc3:WoW and I haven't hit any speed bumps yet. The reason it is taking so long is because I am pretty occupied at the same time I am moving each and every trigger from one campaign's map to another campaign's map. It's tedious, but hopefully the game will eventually crash during the transfer of one or two of the triggers and the problem will be found... I can only hope it will be that easy. If not, PurplePoot has generously volunteered to help look for whatever flawed triggers he could find in Wc3:WoW as well.

Level 25
Last night, Misha revealed a Tauren player model he has created for Wc3:WoW. It was more of an alpha beta when it was first shown to me, but I helped him discover some bugs with the attachment points and refer replacement animations. He has fixed the attachment points, but more will be done with him later. He currently sounds like a male villager when he dies because that is the model he is based off of. I'll post a screenshot of the model when it's working completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.