• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[vJASS] Syntax error on this.deallocate()?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
So basically I created some code which works entirely fine in my JNGP.
It uses a public destroy method inside a struct and at the end I put: this.deallocate().

Now when I send this code to a friend of mine who has the exact same version of JNGP (latest) it seems that he's getting the following syntax error:

s__GrappleChain_deallocate(this)

I have no idea why this happens nor does he.

EDIT:
Again, sorry for wasting your time I fixed it already :/

It seems like I forgot to call the deallocation.
For some reason this.deallocate() worked for me but for my friend it had to be call this.deallocate()

Level 23
just a little hint: You dont need to use object/this.method/variable inside struct, writing just .deallocate() or even deallocate() works the same way as you are using it in struct, this goes for all variables/methods as long as they are in the same struct

Level 14
just a little hint: You dont need to use object/this.method/variable inside struct, writing just .deallocate() or even deallocate() works the same way as you are using it in struct, this goes for all variables/methods as long as they are in the same struct

I know but for some reason it's easyer to read for me ;)
I can overview things easier when the this. keyword is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.