• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] sonic homing attack and jump system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
it haves been a few eyers and i still cant fix that triggers can someone help eventyali fix them for me i will give credits in my map and system + rep

heres the map hotkeys for jump and homing in air : A
the other spell shud be the sonics dash ability but it buged...it was working a few trays ago...

and heres how it shud work :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXGYLcqyflI

i asked moduler for help but he sad that he lost his map and that he was wiling to give it if he cept it but ...

and heres how sonic moves in games :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRbB1hq9IGk

NO MUI OR JASS ONLY GUI PLS!!!

Attachments

• Sonic chain verry litle to fix + animation fix5k.w3x
    141.1 KB · Views: 54
Level 29
If you are trying to fix your triggers post them on here. The tutorial how to easily post triggers will help you to post them on here.

If you are asking for someone to do your triggers for you then this should be in the request section. Ask a mod to move it there.

Also why no MUI. That makes no sense. If you have any type of system it needs to be MPI or MUI otherwise it will buy and fail.
There are also a lot of JASS systems on here that are easy for GUIers to use. You do not need to know JASS to use some JASS systems. For example. My system item and unit cost system is written almost entirely in JASS. But the config is all in GUI so you never need to touch anything in the JASS portion of the code.

Level 15
NO MUI OR JASS ONLY GUI PLS!!!
Well this would be someone's signature lol :p
GUI means Graphical User Interface, it's just a clear and easy way to use Warcraft's language, while the real language is JASS ( Just another scripting syntax/system ) which is built like C++ and Lua and Java ...etc ... And it's more faster and efficient than GUI , because warcraft has to convert GUI to JASS ...
What MUI means is Multi-Unit-Instance, which means also that many units can cast the spell at once, and there is MPI is Multi-Player-Instance which means that many players can cast spells with units at once... So You want it to not be JASS, and you need the system to be MUI of course if your map is multiplayer

============== ##### ON TOPIC ##### =================

That jump system might be some fail, actually it's slow and the animation is all broken ( is not well used)... so is the movement...

There are many Jump Systems in the hive and you should just use one of them and just change Animation indexes ... Also for attack homing . wut?

If you are sure if your triggers should do well after fixing them, then put your thread into Request Section, someone will help you out there.

============== ##### GUD LAK ##### =================

Level 9
do you think that i know what jass and gui means?look at the registration date
i can do everithing but whit that system i hit a dead end so im asking others for help and i want to have the system made in we or weu just gui
so to be easyer to rebild it in another map.
i will upload another of my tryes that failed

allso dude in my legacy of kain i have a jump level so i can use the same jump system but i dont find it ok for that map.

and heres a homing system and a jump homing system that must be edited to fit for the purposes

and here are the triggers as you asked
Systems triggers
  • jumper Copy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to jump
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add classification of Mechanical to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add Crow Form to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Remove Crow Form from (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Turn collision for (Triggering unit) Off
      • Unit - Set (Triggering unit) movement speed to 522.00
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to 500.00 at 250.00
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to 0.00 at 250.00
      • Unit - Turn collision for (Triggering unit) On
      • Unit - Set (Triggering unit) movement speed to (Default movement speed of (Triggering unit))
      • Wait 0.10 seconds
      • Unit - Remove classification of Mechanical from (Triggering unit)
  • Chase
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in GroupMissile and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Current order of (Picked unit)) Not equal to (Order(move))
            • Then - Actions
              • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
              • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads You can't out run m... above (Picked unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
              • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 5.00 seconds
              • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Move To (Position of Targets)
            • Else - Actions
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 500.00 of Paladin 0007 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of (Position of Paladin 0007 <gen>)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Targets = (Picked unit)
  • Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to chase
  • chase
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set Rally-Point for (Triggering unit) to Targets
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To (((Rally-Point of (Triggering unit) as a point) offset by (0.00, 0.00)) offset by 300.00 towards 0.00 degrees)
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To (Position of Targets)
      • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to GroupMissile
if you need something else to make the fixes just say so i will not post all triggers from all maps

Attachments

• sonic zaebi ta6aka.w3x
    191.5 KB · Views: 54
  • sonicHomingMissile[.w3x
    18.3 KB · Views: 54
  • sonic jump+HomingMissile.w3x
    19 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
For the jump I'd suggest that you download a system for it. Because you don't seem to know how to code without using waits. Which doesn't make the system MUI, which is more or less required in this case.

If you want to code it yourself really badly you need to learn about making it MUI first.

For the dash.. download a knockback system for that.

Level 29
You also leak locations and unit groups.

Anything used twice or more should be stored into a variable and the variable should be used. This is for ease of editing, speed, and efficiency.

My tutorial things you should know when using triggers / GUI has a chapter called how to index. That chapter will show you how to properly make an MUI spell. The same is done for systems.

Also your registration date has nothing to do with what you know. There are people here that don't know what jass / MUI / MPI / GUI is that have been on this site longer than you. Your registration date also does not mean that you know how to code better or worse in GUI or JASS. So in the end registration date means nothing as everyone learns at different rates and some do not want to learn JASS.

Level 15
Also your registration date has nothing to do with what you know. There are people here that don't know what jass / MUI / MPI / GUI is that have been on this site longer than you. Your registration date also does not mean that you know how to code better or worse in GUI or JASS. So in the end registration date means nothing as everyone learns at different rates and some do not want to learn JASS.

Stop meaning about me, I am just too cool :S

Level 9
ok can someone actualy help like post some fixes for the something or fix something to work correctly i know what myst be done but when i try doing it i hit a dead end and allso i wanna avoid jass and mui ,that's all...
allso i have allready uploaded the systems that are sed before in my previos post so...

and the dash worked a few versions back but something buged....

Level 9
only 1 unit will cast the spells and the spell can be made whit ifs i will upload the new buged systems allso i do not need mui i can add the casting unit so variable like "Caster" for example the idea is to make the triggers work for 1 exact unit after that i can do what ever i need but the spell triggers gives bugs

that version does not stop the homing trigger for example

the system whit the paladin does not jump

ok can i get anny help now?
like make the systems work correctly or something like that....

the homing chain is the bigest problem it can be done whit integer but it allso bugs it gets 12 insted of 0 and it keeps seting it in 12 in the previos version...

Attachments

• sonic jump+HomingMissile2.w3x
    20.5 KB · Views: 41
  • sonic zaebi ta6aka 1.7.w3x
    193.2 KB · Views: 57
Level 9
i allready did can you dl the atachments and see them i allready asked as a request allso if your able to fix the paladin system it will be of great help http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/gui-sonic-spells-257318/#post2588135
or just fix the other... pls it has been like 6 eyers nothing gived me that trouble ,nothing took me that time...

EDIT:
if you sound too despret no one helps well i dont sound like that,i am too despret PLS_S?SSSS HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.