• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

set udg_Loop = 0.03125 Doesnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
well i saw that many prefer to use the 0.03125 in jass becasue its more effective. so i just wantet to do it in gui too. and did this

• Custom script: set udg_Loop = 0.03125
  • Auslöser - Add to AMUpdate Gold <gen> the event (Zeit - Every Loop seconds of game time)
but for some reasons this doesnt work. if i let the udg_loop show ingame as text it shows 0.031 but the trigger wont work. anyone an idea?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

just use 0.03, some gui users have decided to act wannabe and copied this from jassers.

back in -12 when i upped my gui spell no one said my loop period was bad (which was 0.03)

anyway if you still want to do it, try 0.03125000

edit: can you put your full trigger which applies the timer event in trigger tags here?

Level 8
well i know that it doesnt matter if i use 0.03 or 0.03125. but i just wantet to try it xD

i first tryd the map init. but that doesnt work. now i tryd

• Unbezeichneter Auslöser 001
    • Ereignisse
      • Zeit - Elapsed game time is 0.25 seconds
    • Bedingungen
    • Aktionen
      • Custom script: set udg_Loop = 0.03125
      • Spiel - Display to (All players) the text: (String(Loop))
      • Auslöser - Add to AMUpdate Gold <gen> the event (Zeit - Every Loop seconds of game time)
      • Auslöser - Add to Spawn <gen> the event (Zeit - Every Loop seconds of game time)
      • Auslöser - Add to Port Cast Loop <gen> the event (Zeit - Every Loop seconds of game time)
      • Auslöser - Add to Assist Dmg Take Loop <gen> the event (Zeit - Every Loop seconds of game time)
      • Auslöser - Add to Revive Tree Loop <gen> the event (Zeit - Every Loop seconds of game time)
      • Auslöser - Add to Hit sfx Loop <gen> the event (Zeit - Every Loop seconds of game time)
      • Auslöser - Add to Woodsman Axe Loop <gen> the event (Zeit - Every Loop seconds of game time)
      • Auslöser - Add to Speed Marchers Loop <gen> the event (Zeit - Every Loop seconds of game time)
      • Auslöser - Add to Port Cast Loop <gen> the event (Zeit - Every Loop seconds of game time)

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Why you need to refresh Tree Revival Checker 32 times per second?

The real question is, do those triggers work even if you used set udg_Loop = 0.03?

Level 8
well its not only the tree revival... its an system amde by me with other shit. not only trees. i dont know if it works with set udg_loop = 0.03.
i try that now

but it worked with normal 0.03 sec.

Level 8
its not 1 trigger. its over 30 triggers. and it doesnt matter. the triggers runed before with 0.03 sec. and now its runngin with 0.03125... should work. nothing todo with the period triggers...

Level 8
nevermind. forget it. im raging... it doesnt matter what i change in my map.. it doesnt matter how biig or small the change is.. even if i just change a number.. it doesnt work.. im done with it. everytime it doesnt work.. i hate this shitt
Edit: HAHHAHHA NOW i made everything in 0.03 sec again. and nothing works HAHAHHAHAHA BULLSHITTTT!!!

i only changed numbers. tzteuz goausib önlaefub oläpövjb-qsklxVH

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Go for a walk and eat something, then try again ;P

edit:
Edit: HAHHAHHA NOW i made everything in 0.03 sec again. and nothing works HAHAHHAHAHA BULLSHITTTT!!!

i only changed numbers. tzteuz goausib önlaefub oläpövjb-qsklxVH
uh, no reviving trees for naruto then D': damn, once a toad does oil fire thing, it's all gone D:

Level 8
not only the tree revive.. all spells. multiboards dont open. ITS SO IDIOTI!!

i made... Show Multiboard
and.. Show the text to all palyers: open

ingame it shows opens. and nothing happened. and this shit isnt even touched by the 0.03 sec shit. and i didnt even changed the spells. i only change dthe triggers you saw above in my trigger post. now half of my triggers dont work... im goign to ragequit this shit

Level 8
it diesnt matter what i do.. every months my triggers will change automatically, dont ask me why. its like. a hero spells works for a year. and after few months its completely different.. some lines are gone and some other shit and i dont even touched it. its like theres a guy who changes stuff every day to make me upset. like my item system. it worked since beginning and NOW its buggy. for no reason. i asked dr super good to look over my map but he didnt have time

edit: i give you one hard example.. i used waits long time ago.. on my first heros. then i revamped them all with loops to remove the waits. over a year everything works fine. and BOOOOOM the waits are there AGAIN.. for no reson!!! the waits are back and the loop triggers are gone HAHHAHA i laughed my ass off ! its like my triggers goes back to an old version.. like some spacy fish or shit..

Level 22
Try uploading backups of your map on your pastebin, if someone is messing with your map locally, at least there's a backup online.

Level 8
nah it happens only with triggers.
the terrain keeps the same and all object editors things etc.
and i have backups. soo nvm im goign to sleep now

Level 8
You want to know why does not show the 0.0312500 in Game Message or what?

In vJass can handle 8 digits (I dunno if Im right)
so using Game Message can you see the 0.0312500

In GUI, can only handle 4 digits so by using Game Message
you can only see this 0.000

In your Loop is still 0.0312500 so dont worry about that,

nahh.. i know that of course. my problem is becasue i removed the 0.03 sec in events and added them again after the "add udg loop to event shit" that all my triggers doesnt work. ALL of them. even though they are the same as before.

There's no real benefit with 0.03125 and 0.03 besides operation and frame rate, which is 1.33 operation rate and a VERY small lag difference and VERY unnoticeable. Actually, it's just me who loves to use the former in GUI, for sake of "realistic" frame. 0.03 is approved a base value for GUI, so it's fine to use, my entries however use 0.03125 as part of my "realisticism" in GUI triggering.

It's a good habit in Spells though IMO, as it allows you to stay in a generic number when you switch from GUI to Jass

Level 8
well my multiboard doesnt open after my hero pick.. i didnt even touched it -.-

Level 8
nope. its not the multiboard.. i said i didtn touched it. yesterday before i tryd to ad the 0.03215 shit it worked. after that it doesnt.

this doesnt work anymore

• Set Players = (All players matching ((((Matching player) controller) Gleich Benutzer) and (((Matching player) slot status) Gleich Spielt)))
  • Spielergruppe - Pick every player in Players and do (Actions)
    • Schleifen - Aktionen
      • Custom script: if( GetLocalPlayer() == GetEnumPlayer() ) then
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • 'IF'-Bedingungen
          • ((Picked player) is in PlayersKonoha) Gleich True
        • 'THEN'-Aktionen
          • Multiboard - Zeigen AM_MB[1]
          • Multiboard - Maximieren AM_MB[1]
        • 'ELSE'-Aktionen
          • Multiboard - Zeigen AM_MB[2]
          • Multiboard - Maximieren AM_MB[2]
      • Custom script: endif
  • Custom script: call DestroyForce( udg_Players )

Using 0.03125 as an interval just to get an "even number of operations per second" is a completely arbitrary rule. Computers don't care about even numbers for timers, or hell, about seconds even, our way of measuring time has no relevance in mathematics. If the loop is too fast, use 0.035. If it is too slow, use 0.03. Really, any number will do.

Level 13
The simplest way to start with, if you want to find the bug is adding text messages which show variables you use or some simple texts as "spell starts" or "multiboard destroy".

Additionally, if you have more problems with your code and you want to post it here, you should use the english GUI. For german GUI you can go here http://warcraft.ingame.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=617

Edit: my bad, I didn't see you already added text messages. BTW, why do you set the variable by custom script?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
There's no real benefit with 0.03125 and 0.03 besides operation and frame rate, which is 1.33 operation rate and a VERY small lag difference and VERY unnoticeable. Actually, it's just me who loves to use the former in GUI, for sake of "realistic" frame. 0.03 is approved a base value for GUI, so it's fine to use, my entries however use 0.03125 as part of my "realisticism" in GUI triggering.
Except the game operates at 60 frames per second? Or are you saying that the internal frame rate is only 32 frames per second with most frames rendering as duplicate?

You must avoid running code at such a high frequencies as this increases map resource consumption and makes it prone to performing badly.

Something like a tree revival system can operate in seconds.
Something like a spawn system can operate in seconds.
Something like a multiboard should not need periodic updates at all (instead use event driven updates when possible). An exception is a quantity that generates no events on change (life/mana, player resources etc) although it would be kind of pointless using those seeing how the user already has them on the UI.

nope. its not the multiboard.. i said i didtn touched it. yesterday before i tryd to ad the 0.03215 shit it worked. after that it doesnt.

this doesnt work anymore
Does the trigger even run? Make it print a game message as the first action to find out.

I'm aware of the high frame rate per second, well, I don't have good knowledge of difference between operation and frames, I just assume they're similar for the time being unless there's an explanation for each, as I'm not that kind of good with programming stuffs.

For most part, these high frequencies are happening during spells usage, which execute for few seconds. I don't really look into the issue and what I'm concerned here is that 0.03125 is not working properly.

Level 8
well.. i fixe dthe multiboard. just had to create it exactly 0.10 sec earlier. not more or less.
thats so buggy shit. it worked before. now i have to change the value.. nosense

Status
Not open for further replies.