• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Restriction of item usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I want to restrict the usage of an item (that can be cast pretty much anywhere, so it is not unit restricted or an AoE) to a certain area around the unit OR in a region/rect.
I don't know what to put under conditions/actions...

windows screenshot

Level 13
make an event begins casting an ability. then in the actions get the points. then check the x and y of the point if its in the region you are trying to cast onto (you can find it in boolean comparison) then order the unit to stop or whatever. i dont have warcraft atm i will show u the trigger once i have access to warcraft.

Last edited:
Level 4
make an event begins casting an ability. then in the actions get the points. then check the x and y of the point if its in the region you are trying to cast onto (you can find it in boolean comparison) then order the unit to stop or whatever. i dont have warcraft atm i will show u the trigger once i have access to warcraft.

Could you tell me how stop the leak and how to make the condition work?

photo host

Level 13
do it like this

event
starts the effect of an ability
condition
ability compare == your ability
action
set point = target point of the ability being cast
if (region(playable map area contains(point)) == false)
then
unit - order unit to(stop)

the condition that you want to go for is one found in the
boolean -> region that says the point is in region(playable map area)
the other condition that you also want to consider is
boolean -> environment that checks if the pathing for (ground) unit is enabled.

then you can order your caster to stop.
also clean the point that you have created

Level 4
also clean the point that you have created

Thanks for your help, I made it exactly as you said and now the only thing I don't know is how to stop it from leaking / clean it.
So I guess I should make a custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Warpgate1) ?
Do I put it at the end of the trigger or somewhere else?

Also, stop/hold position/cancel order does not work. Ability finishes casting (even if it has casting time set)and then that order takes place which is bad (not working as intended).
Any way to work that out?

So it is like this now:

gif upload
In this OR condition are regions I do not want ability to be cast in

Last edited:
Level 13
change the event into begins casting an ability -- this one is triggered before the spell's effect is fired. (sorry the event that i posted before this one is the wrong event).

you cleaned the leak correctly.

Level 4
change the event into begins casting an ability -- this one is triggered before the spell's effect is fired. (sorry the event that i posted before this one is the wrong event).

you cleaned the leak correctly.

Yep, works great. Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.