• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Party interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
How do you make a Party interface system for an Orpg? Somewhat like the ones use in the maps Molten Core and Tkok.
screen001uv.jpg

Level 31
You just got to create trigger with event like unit start cast spells effect with condition such as owner of trigger unit and owner of target unit are allies equal to true and target unit are dummy xx equal to true along with action create dummy y, set duration life of dummy y to, give skills xx (the skill that are casted) to dummy y along with lvl equal to the trigger unit and order dummy y to cast skills xx to hero xx.

I do not have the JNGP at this moment, else I would show the resolution sample to you.

However, I do believe the icon was done in 3 ways.

1) Full Unit sharing.

2) Dummy hero (I doubt it).

3) Full Unit Sharing, but disable the capability to select your ally unit.

I don't really think you can, that's why the game you were referring to (The Kingdom of Kaliron) is definitely using dummy heroes, owned by yourself and also
  • Hero - Disable experience gain for (Unit)
Since the heroes you can choose are not of a vague variety, you can define a Table (requires Jass, else a series of variables in GUI) and get the Unit-type of the hero you want to party with, which will automatically get the original hero stored in it via Hashtable. The heroes are most likely moved in the current position of your hero (Collision set to Off course) [with a periodic event of low (or not) rate] or at a specific location, but, in order to prevent the camera movement (unless it is locked (?), if it is, problem solved), you will need a Camera - Pan camera action to pan at the position of the stored on the selected unit's hero.

Generally, you need a Table, a Hashtable and, if the camera isn't locked, a Pan camera action and that's it.

Level 15
Oh hell... You just need ([PLAYERNUMBER]-1)*[EVERY HERO] :p
  • LOL
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Blood Mage) and ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Not equal to OriginPlayer(Integer A)))) and do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to (Percentage life of (Random unit from (Units owned by Player 1 (Red) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Blood Mage))))%
Something like this to make the heroes compatible :D And every player should have a "copy" (dummy without sight range/model and etc-jsut icons and values) and that's it.

Level 12
Oh hell... You just need ([PLAYERNUMBER]-1)*[EVERY HERO] :p
  • LOL
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Blood Mage) and ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Not equal to OriginPlayer(Integer A)))) and do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to (Percentage life of (Random unit from (Units owned by Player 1 (Red) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Blood Mage))))%
Something like this to make the heroes compatible :D And every player should have a "copy" (dummy without sight range/model and etc-jsut icons and values) and that's it.

Leaks & alot of bjs anyway..

Oh well, it is much easier to create a dummy hero and giving it the same icon as the allies heroes. Time every something like 0.02-0.04 move the dummy hero to the position of the original ally hero. Giving the the same percentage of life as the ally hero. Shouldn't be that hard.

Level 8
This is what you need:

JASS:
function PartyInterface takes nothing returns nothing
    local integer i = 0
    local integer c = 0
    loop
        exitwhen i > 12
            set c=0
            loop
                exitwhen c > 12
                    call SetPlayerAlliance(Player(i), Player(c), ALLIANCE_SHARED_ADVANCED_CONTROL, true)
                set c=c+1
            endloop
        set i=i+1
    endloop
    call SetReservedLocalHeroButtons(1)
endfunction

The function SetReservedLocalHeroButtons(1) makes the hero icons appear right beneath your heroes thus removing the distance.
Whenever you want to turn the icons off you just call SetReservedLocalHeroButtons(-1)

for GUI:
  • PartyInterface
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local integer i = 0
      • Custom script: local integer c = 0
      • Custom script: loop
      • Custom script: exitwhen i > 12
      • Custom script: set c=0
      • Custom script: loop
      • Custom script: exitwhen c > 12
      • Custom script: call SetPlayerAlliance(Player(i), Player(c), ALLIANCE_SHARED_ADVANCED_CONTROL, true)
      • Custom script: set c=c+1
      • Custom script: endloop
      • Custom script: set i=i+1
      • Custom script: endloop
      • Custom script: call SetReservedLocalHeroButtons(1)
This will show the shared icons without sharing control between the players too.

Status
Not open for further replies.