• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Need help with a unit spawn (sort of)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Iv'e created a map for about 1 year ago an epic map size. And the category is Defence/survival, where the player got a main hero and his tasks is to protect allied cities from the attackers. His seconds mission is to create a base for him self when he got the resources to do it. If you want to see the terrain on how the map is (picutres): http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/227524-albums6510.html

Ok. My problem is that the enemies who are going to attack randomly cities that the player are allied to. Is going spawn and attack. I got 3 Spawn points where the enemies attack. But the triggering is to hard and i tried to figure out how to do it for about 4 months now. When i tried the spawning, like first time, they was OK. They did move but didnt attack. Altought i tought i needed Variables to store the spawned units (im not good at variables so it can be that...
Heres my tiggers for the enemies spawn/move.

• Spawning
    • Events
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set tempPoint = (Center of EVIL SPAWN 1 <gen>)
      • Unit - Create 1 Legionare for Player 1 (Red) at tempPoint facing 0.00 degrees
      • Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to UnitSpawnGroup
      • Unit - Create 1 Commandre for Player 1 (Red) at tempPoint facing 0.00 degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_tempPoint)
      • Custom script: set udg_tempPoint = null
      • Set tempPoint = (Center of EVIL SPAWN 2 <gen>)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dimension Magican for Player 1 (Red) at tempPoint facing 0.00 degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Demon Hound for Player 1 (Red) at tempPoint facing 0.00 degrees
      • Custom script: set udg_tempPoint = null
      • Set tempPoint = (Center of EVIL SPAWN 3 <gen>)
      • Unit - Create 1 Demon Beast Rider for Player 1 (Red) at tempPoint facing 0.00 degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Infernal Knight for Player 1 (Red) at tempPoint facing 0.00 degrees
  • Attacking
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitSpawnGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Current order of (Picked unit)) Equal to (Order(stop))
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack (Random unit from allUnitsInMap)
            • Else - Actions

I got as variables:

-allUnitsinmap variable type: unit group initial type Zero
-teamGroup variable type: unit group initial type Zero
-tempPoint variable type: Point initial type NONE
-UnitSpawnGroup variable type: unit group initial type Zero

Can some one help me with this, so i can be done with my map? :) :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.