• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Basic Jass Chat System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Ok the following is a Jass Chat system i designed...
The demo map isn’t completely finished but it still works...

The Jass is in the Chat Filter trigger in the demo map.

The basic use of this system is filtering. It blocks out curses ( defined by the user ) and colours player names and compliments ( also defined by the user ). The system is easy to edit and relativly fast ( i think ). It is AI friendly ( the demo map is a spam flame war between AI).

I'll have the demo done soon. It will contain the Chat filter, AI example, guide to implementation and credits ( atm it’s to Shadow1500 for the hiding chat tut on wc3campaigns.net)

The reason this is in the JASS section and not resource is because it is all about the script and how i can improve it? and advice is appreciated as this is my first JASS script.

Edit: Finished the demo map updated it here and in the maps folder
Edit: Updated to version 1.2. Added Changelog

Attachments

• Kixer's Chat Filter v1.2.w3x
    33.8 KB · Views: 203
  • Chat Filter Change Log.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Level 9
lol Shot :) i had a lot of fun with the AI :)

Edit : Any rep would be much appreciated ;)

Last edited:
Level 9
Shot :)
Im actualy working on another system atm...
A complete Hero Arena system...
Including things like:

Basic AI
AI Item Buying Systems
Gold and Revival Systems
Kill credit system ( simialar to the one found on this site)
Hero Selection Systems ( Using Taverns)

That about all that i got in the tubes for now...

nice AI and colour stuff, but I see no use of that censcore funktion in games, because in the end, any words can be said a bit differently to give the message to another player. (And if all curse words have been banned, that is even worse, I once played a game with all known curse words banned and when I asked for wood in finnish, the system automatically replaced "wood" with #@%!)

Well that's just my opinion, I would never censcore my games or prevent the players from expressing themselves.

Level 9
well there is no real way to block out curses? the system is easily fooled but it is a deterant. If you have to change the words its that little bit more effort that you have to put in...

The main function of this filter is the command hidding and colouring. Many people may use this kind of filter ( i think ) just to block out the basics?

Level 2
lol, i put about 400 words in the filter you made in my map :p basically blocks out everything, lol.

Level 9
EDIT: Change Log

LOL :) you have too much free time :p

EDIT:
Updated the map. The following is the Change Log for Version 1.2

Version 1.2
~~~~~~~~~~~

- Fixed the CF_GetPlayerColourString function. Is now compatible with colour changes
- Added two Boolean functions :
1. CF_ColourPlayerNames : Checks to see if player names will be coloured (set to false to speed up system)
2. CF_BlockCurses : Checks to see if curses are to be blocked (set to false to speed up system)
- Changed time between AI messages to 6 seconds ( was 3 )
- Added functions for the easy editing of target strings ( aka Allies, All, Private)
- Target strings are now a prefix not a suffix
- Disabled the ability to send a private message to yourself
- Add a command to clear currently displayed messages. An example of command hiding functionality
- Updated Readme
- Add to:
Compliments ( 31 - 35 )
Curses ( 26 - 30 )
Ai Messages ( 40 - 45 per team )
- Slightly altered the Intro message

Version 1.1
~~~~~~~~~~~

- Finished Readme
- Finished Demo
- Increased number of bot flames

Version 1