• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

assault war

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys!

I'm working on a map that is inspired by castle fight atm.
Since its my first map, I didnt really think it would really go anywere, but I think it turned out quite nice already.

I would be gratefull if someone could check my map. I think it is certainly playable right now, but I still need to add more races.

However, I did run into a problem with one of my triggers.

The problem is that when playing 1 vs 1, whenever player 1 builds a structure, he gets +5 gold every 10 seconds (intended!), but whenever player 7 (guy in other team) builds a structure, that player doesnt recieve +5 gold per 10 seconds, but strangly player 1 recieves -5 gold per 10 seconds!?

I worked my way around it by changing it from a variable to something I made up. But I want it to remain a variable to be able to show it in multiboard.

I will post 2 versions (unprotected, credit me if you use for yourself). Version 1.15 is unchanged (so bugged in that way), version 1.17 is my solution to the problem for now (I play the map on LAN so its nice if it works).

Here are the triggers im talking about:
Version 1.15 (bugged):
  • Increase income by building
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Income_Amount[(Player number of (Owner of (Constructing structure)))] = (Income_Amount[(Player number of (Owner of (Constructed structure)))] + 5)
  • Give periodic income
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players matching ((((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing) and (((Matching player) controller) Equal to User))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Add Income_Amount[(Player number of (Picked player))] to (Picked player) Current gold
      • Wait 10.00 game-time seconds
      • Trigger - Run Give periodic income <gen> (checking conditions)
And here is my work around. But I want to save it in the variable income_amount so that my multiboard functions. (version 1.17)
  • Increase income by building
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Add 5 to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current gold
      • Trigger - Run (This trigger) (checking conditions)
  • Give periodic income
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players matching ((((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing) and (((Matching player) controller) Equal to User))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
      • Trigger - Run Give periodic income <gen> (checking conditions)
Version 1.15
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/9da6856c
Version 1.17
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/a485b641

Level 1
Me again.
Is there an obvious reason to the lack of reactions/support?

I am still left with no idea how to fix this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.