• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] One Class GUI RPG system

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my system for forcing hero's to only be restricted to one weapon, shield, helmet, and armor. I see alot of people who want to know about this.

first sort your items so that

All weapon items are in Permanent
All helmet items are in Artifact
All Armor items are in Purchasable
All Shield items are in Campaign

or w.e but thats what i did for this trigger. (you can modify it easily)

Trigger
  • One Class
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • And - All (Conditions) are true
                • Conditions
                  • ((Hero manipulating item) has (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to True
                  • (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A)) Not equal to (Item being manipulated)
                  • (Item-class of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to (Item-class of (Item being manipulated))
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Permanent
                • Then - Actions
                  • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))) the text: |cffff0000You already have a weapon.|r
                  • Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Hero manipulating item)
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Artifact
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))) the text: |cffff0000You already have a helmet.|r
                    • Else - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Purchasable
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))) the text: |cffff0000You already have an armor.|r
                        • Else - Actions
                            • If - Conditions
                              • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Campaign
                            • Then - Actions
                              • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))) the text: |cffff0000You already have a shield.|r
                            • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
Bam!

and now!
2 1handed weapons/1 2handed weapon!
One Class GUI RPG System Part II

Explanations coming soon!

Attachments

• Demo.w3x
    18.9 KB · Views: 470
Last edited:
Level 11
First of all, I'm almost certain this won't work without a wait between the 'acquiring' of an item and the action 'drop.' Though I'm not sure. Second, I'm pretty sure that theres no way for us (Not that I'd need something written in GUI) to copy that from there to our editor. Your much better off posting a map.

NVM about first point, I built a small trigger to test it and proved the wait wasn't needed for that action.

However if you really want to help everyone by building them a system. Post it in a demo map...

Level 17
Cheers, always had problems with this one :/

Now its finally working. Thank you once again!

Level 2
Mwa-hha-gha-ha-ha-ha. I've already done a system where the Hero carries 12 items in his backpack and uses also 12 (offhand, mainhand, amulet, charm, gloves, helmet, armor, boots, 4 rings), and, like in Kingdom of Caliron, you just click to wield/unwield the item. I have even four classes of items to wield handly: Only-left (like shield), Only-right (like Sword), Both (Two-handed) and Anyhand (like a dagger). But I don't use item classes (cuz I can't, there are too little of them), I simply created a function with the list of items sorted, that says the category of the item.

Level 9
ok ok ok....this trigger is nice...but for the way im using it...im gonna need lots o help... ok basiclly in my map when you acquire an item, and reflects onto your unit...i have a thign when the player picks it up it shows, then when you drop it, it disseapears, but with this, when i went to test it...i acquired the first weapon. then picked up a 2h, and the wep i first had dropped down, but the model was still on my units hand...oo and how do i remove it so, you cant use 2 1 handed weps???

Level 17
Not really.

Make an ability for the item and use the attachment model as special model.

Level 9
ya i do that....i make a unit ability sphere, make the attachment points (for my weapons its hand, right)...i put the model file the weapon, make the attachment points 1...then i make the item, then i make the trigger Event- A unit acquires an item

Conditions- Item type of (item beging manipulated) equal to blahblahblah

Actions- Add blablahblah to (triggering unit)

Level 9
hmmm well thats one of the tutorials i used to figure how to do it, then i used THW instead...but ill try the item way instead and see what happens, but its still kinda the same thing

*UPDATE* it works ...but items can only have 4 abilitys right? so thats kinda wasting one

Status
Not open for further replies.