• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Gilles Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
My Terrain Showcase. Enjoy.

Attachments

• Barrens.jpg
    Barrens.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 1,896
  • Island1.jpg
    Island1.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,852
  • Overview of city.jpg
    Overview of city.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 2,099
  • Swamp2.jpg
    Swamp2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,723
  • City Dawn.jpg
    City Dawn.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 2,146
  • Sunset_On_Water2(2).jpg
    Sunset_On_Water2(2).jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,841
  • WIP3.jpg
    WIP3.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1,754
  • UW2.jpg
    UW2.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,669
  • Barrens Building.jpg
    Barrens Building.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,765
Last edited:
Level 25
Pity that you've already convinced yourself that your RPG will not end well. Oh well. You're probably right anyway :p
But I encourage you to keep on! I'm suprised that none of those screenshots have that many flaws. Keep working on it, the terrain is good!

[off-topic]:
WC3:WoW is going quite well. However we've lost our abilities guys today (Shados and Operator) so we might not have all abilities revamped in the open beta as promised. However I believe Warlord_HU has agreed to make abilities, I'll have to confirm it. I am also about to ask Saitek how he's doing with the bug fixing and the mail-box system.
Lets try to keep this conversation going in the WC3:WoW area please. :)
~Craka_J

Level 34
Thanks, I will definitely try to finish it. Even if I don't I should get some nice terrain out of it.

Sorry, but I figured I would get a quicker response.

Level 34
Tigger work.... about that.... haha I am pretty lousy at it. I do have a few (IMO) cool skills.
A spellbook of castable Auras, and evasion that you cast, and your Hero slowly fades out (never completely). I am working on a few others, having trouble though.

Level 25
Well when I say good trigger work I mean good RPG systems and all that. Whatever it doesn't really matter, I'd probably implement them myself if I really liked the map.
Just keep at the terraining and spells and whatever else you can do.
~Craka_J

Level 34
Well I will definitely be posting in the GUI section a lot. I will need help with creep spawning and maybe skill leveling. More problems things will arise I'm sure

Level 25
Creep spawns are the easiest! Should be like this:
Event- Unit Dies.
Condition- Unit Dying Equal to <Unit Type>
Action- Wait 80.00 seconds
Unit- Create Unit Type of Dying Unit facing Default Angle.
Should be something like that.
~Craka_J

Level 34
Yeah I guess. I never really tried, I remember it being hard when I tried a year or two ago =P. You left out where to create. random spot in region.

Level 34
It's not off topic! Nothing is off topic in my thread!!! lol

I wouldn't want to make the new creep in the position of the dead creep, just random spot in region :wink:

Ivenneth my picture is of Brock Samson, from the show Venture Bros.... Watch it!! He's wicked, he kills people.

Level 34
Well, I'm sure I can get it whne I come to it. Posted new terrain!! Made it just now, between last post and this one pretty much.

Level 34
How do you like the barrens?
btw craka I did check the file size... 3.17!!! I'll even lose some models that I didn't use, and any from the UTM that I don't use.

Level 34
For some reason in my map the models that are not currently in use are corrupted or something. They won't show up!!

new screen too added!

Level 34
Craka, I used the UTM and just extended the boundary to 256. They worked for a while, and any models I already have in my map work, so that's nice, but any I didn't use are not showing up now! Usually if I do a system restore on my computer it fixes them and I seem to not lose any progress, but i don't want to do that all the time. I did export all the models when I got the UTM, so I have the files on my HD, I am going to re-import any models I want, but it's gonna be a pain in the ass.

Thanks HINDYhat!

Level 34
Well, I just started up my map, and they work... this is weird, seems I need to restart my computer to get them to work.

- Off topic - Wow, almost every thread is Last Post by: Craka_J. lol

Last edited:
Level 25
Well, I just started up my map, and they work... this is weird, seems I need to restart my computer to get them to work.
Ah yes, this usually happens after you've just imported some models. Once you've imported all of the models, save the map and exit the World Editor, then re-enter the World Editor and reload the map. The models imported correctly should appear.

Off topic - Wow, almost every thread is Last Post by: Craka_J. lol
He he, I try. This is the forum that I'm supposed to be active on as much as possible anyway. :)
~Craka_J

Level 25
I love the barrens one you made, but the other two I'm not too crazy about. The last one looks too empty and in the front, it's pretty flat and doodadless. May want to make small river rushes tinted orangeish brown to make it look like 3D grass for your Lordaeron Fall terrain.
~Craka_J

Level 34
Yeah, although I think I may just delete it. Or replace it with an old one I was working on the same night I did the barrens and the other two before it. It got lost because the computer crashed! (Not mine:wink:)

Level 25
Well I'll be looking forward to seeing those screenshots then!
Also, I think you need to work on your Snowy terrain places more. Give it a go and if it ends up good or need advice, add an additional screenshot of what you've made and I'll judge it.
You should also try making the exterior and interior of a dark cave. Your barrens one was really good, but I'm just saying... practice makes perfect!
~Craka_J

Level 34
What, how can you not like my snowy place!! Just Kidding. I thought it was alright, needs some touch-ups. I do see how you may dislike my rock use, but I actually don't mind it. Right now I'm still doing my RPG slowly, and I may start another much smaller project with a friend, so may not get another snowy terrain done for a while. I will though because Craka requests it.

Level 34
Hah Craka, someone liked the Snowy terrain. The farm is supposed to be plain, I know it looks kinda dull and it's overall a poor terrain, but I wanted something new.

Level 34
I do think the dirt on the side of the path looks bad, but I still like the rocks!! Too smooth? I don't quite understand.

Well I'm swamped with stuff today, so hopefully tomorrow or the weekend I will fix it up.

Oh and raginspeedhorn, which are you referring to with the "farm"? The prairie one?

Level 34
Who said it was a mountain, although I get your point, it's true. I could change the rock type so they are larger and not as many, and I could make it look more like a mountain then a small hill.

Level 34
Thanks I guess. :smile: How would you make it, change the rocks to more like the barrens screen, or no rocks at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.