• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Taking fire! -need assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello hive :)

I am currently working on my own map and for now its not a project its more like test map so i can practice my terrain skills/ideas and other stuff.

But now i wanted to turn it into role playing map something kinda similar to wow and i got a little too far with imagination and ideas, so i stumbled upon a great idea(system) that i didn't see here in our Workshop(i meant GUI one and simple as this one) and it needs to be done in triggering section which is not my department so i was wondering if someone skilled enough could do it for me and upload it here for everyone? :)

The idea :

Loot window - basically its like this
The creep dies > a new unit on his death place is created (the unit has 6 inventory slots, its is controlled by player who killed the creep aka last hit, it has model like the unit that died and it is named "Items" or "Loot" and the unit has death animation or how ever can i put in words that he is lying on the floor ) with items in inventory up to 5 of them and that 6th slots would be item that closes(destroys) loot window.
Message on screen that player killed that unit and got loot
Loot unit(Inventory unit) can't get item from heroes or other units

3c00b8f247913c00882d96bbe519ca7b.jpg

Or if any of you guys have any more suggestions about this system feel free to comment. :)

Your idea for the 'dead' unit with an inventory is actually pretty nice :) Only addition should be a timer after which the unit will disappear by itself.

For example, when a unit dies, you spawn a 'dead' unit with 100 health. It loses 1 health each second. The player can choose to remove it earlier, but the unit will disappear by itself after some time (100 seconds, in this case) :D

Level 2
Hmm nice Matija97. I managed to create it myself only thing is i dont know how to post triggers here :/

well i managed to do something on my own ^^

• Loot Create
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
      • Unit - Create 1 Loot for (Owner of (Killing unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Item - give last created unit Inventory destroy
      • Animation - Play (Last created unit)'s death animation
      • Hero - Create Inventory Destroy and give it to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to move (Last created item) to inventory slot 6
  • Loot Destroy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Inventory destroy
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game

Loot is basically a footman but i changed its settings to common "dummy" settings except it has 6 slot inventory and footman's model.
So far this is the only thing i can do, and its working like i wanted but i am not sure if its created correctly.

And i dont like the idea that i will have to create this for every unit on the map :( HALP :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.