• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Dwarf Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Level 32
RE: GG&K's Dwarf Campaign

Welcome to The Hive Workshop, Costin_Razvan!

You may or may not be aware that GG&K's Dwarf Campaign is an inactive project currently residing in our Warcraft III Hosted Projects > -- Project Depository -- *edit* The posts in that forum indicate that Tommi has neglected it for quite some time.

You might consider trying to revive the project and recruit some new members.
The Hosting FAQ might be a good place to start.
The Request Forum might also prove helpful. Please read the rules.
As a last resort, contact an administrator or moderator for additional inquiries.

I played through the first three chapters a couple of years ago and would agree that The Dwarf Campaign is ranked (IMO) among the most entertaining ever created for WCIII.

Last edited:
Level 3
I thought that it dwarf campaign was already finished

the first 3 capters where finished , yes , but the story line doesn't end there

rulerofiron99 said:
Dwarf Campaign was highly overrated, hearing everybody talk about how good it was got me excited, but when I played it I was very dissappointed. Sure it was good, but not nearly as good as I was told.

Never make a opinion about a thing until you have tried it yourself

Level 3
Welcome to The Hive Workshop, Costin_Razvan!

You may or may not be aware that GG&K's Dwarf Campaign is an inactive project currently residing in our Warcraft III Hosted Projects > -- Project Depository -- *edit* The posts in that forum indicate that Tommi has neglected it for quite some time.

You might consider trying to revive the project and recruit some new members.
The Hosting FAQ might be a good place to start.
The Request Forum might also prove helpful. Please read the rules.
As a last resort, contact an administrator or moderator for additional inquiries.

I played through the first three chapters a couple of years ago and would agree that The Dwarf Campaign is ranked (IMO) among the most entertaining ever created for WCIII.

I already got a forum for the team , my problem is recruiting new members to help with the project, I think running two forums at once for the project would be quite problematic to me

Level 27
Dwarf Campaign was highly overrated, hearing everybody talk about how good it was got me excited, but when I played it I was very dissappointed. Sure it was good, but not nearly as good as I was told.

Indeed thats exactly what i said .. but it wasnt like ppl told me about it i just saw everything they build up around the dwarven thingy and i though 'wow this should be an amazing campaign' and when i saw the installation and all i thought 'It must be rly good to have installation' and when i played it i had a clap in the face feeling ... rly dissapointing .. good they stop xD

Level 22
Tommi's main feat was making it multiplayer. I beleive he just stopped after that completing that. But one thing is for sure is that the first 3 maps are completely finished, and thus was considered a finished project. I never heard anything about a 4th map or anything of the such.

It didnt have much flash, but no one can argue that it wasnt well made, in my opinion. We can all learn from Tommi in one way or another.
-VGsatomi

Level 8
Tommi's main feat was making it multiplayer. I beleive he just stopped after that completing that. But one thing is for sure is that the first 3 maps are completely finished, and thus was considered a finished project. I never heard anything about a 4th map or anything of the such.

It didnt have much flash, but no one can argue that it wasnt well made, in my opinion. We can all learn from Tommi in one way or another.
-VGsatomi

Right ... and do not compare todays stuff with something which was created years ago ... I do not know, 3-4 ?
However ... do not judge that bad :bored:

Chaos:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 13
Let me just clear things a bit up so no confusion gets around about this, The dwarfcampaign was designed by GG&K (led by tommi) it was a project that was mainly created because of it's theme (dwarven), they made the first 2 chapters quite fast and were released in the early days of "The Frozen Throne".

After the first two chapters they started building their second which was quite a task, since they made it multiplayable.
After the third chapter the team sorta fell apart, caused by personal life, of each of the creators.
This eventually caused tommi's decission to stop the production of the campaign, which offcourse is sad, but atleast clears all tension and hopes for further chapters off the dwarven campaign by GG&K.

As for people whom personally say that this campaign, is not good, I understand their oppinions, but I do not see arguments, and I think that if you played all 3 chapters you will understand, that it is one of the greatest campaigns, out there, not only due to it's really clean gameplay, but also it's marvolous story (which was even accepted into the blizzard lore).
Besides that all, it's still the only campaign (and soloplayable map) honoured by blizzard itself, which states something as well.

Perhaps it's not one of the most flashy campaigns, out there, but sure is one of the cleanest, most balanced and well thought out campaings.

Level 3
It wasn't finished? Huh. I did think the ending was kinda abrupt, but I didn't know they had plans for more chapters.
As for people whom personally say that this campaign, is not good, I understand their oppinions, but I do not see arguments, and I think that if you played all 3 chapters you will understand, that it is one of the greatest campaigns, out there, not only due to it's really clean gameplay, but also it's marvolous story (which was even accepted into the blizzard lore).
Besides that all, it's still the only campaign (and soloplayable map) honoured by blizzard itself, which states something as well.
Well, I really like the campaign, but I'm one of those who finds it overrated. Yes, it has a great story, but the gameplay is kinda repetitive. It's all dungeon crawling, moving from room to room killing harder and harder enemies. Sure, it's very entertaining, but considering the hype I expected more. It's still a great campaign, but hardly the best one out there, I'd say that honor goes to Cryptrobbers of Mathias Chronicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.