• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Droid Control Ship

The Lucrehulk-class battleship is the core of the confederate fleet - originally enormous carho haulers, they were refitted for battle during the civil war, and were also used to transmit commands to droid forces on the ground.

For this model, i took the trouble of modeling much of the hanger interior, and when the ship breaks apart during the death animation, you can actually peer into the hangar from the broken cross-section of the ship. I also included animations for when the core is detached from the ring, and one where the core stands alone (i did not add any floating animation for this incase someone wants to use it as a static object). As detaching the core is a delicate procedure i think it would be best fitted for cinematics rather than gameplay, however.

These are some of the object editor values i recommend:

Art - Death Time: 7 seconds (IMPORTANT)
Art - Maximum Pitch/roll: 0
Art - Orientation Interpolation: 10
Art - Propulsion Window: 180 degrees
Movement - Turn Rate: 0.1

As always, i will post a high-res version of the texture below. I recommend you use it if you are going to view the ship up-close, as in cinematics.

Keywords:
ship, droid, cis, trade federation, star wars, space, capital ship, separatist
Contents

Droid Control Ship (Model)

Reviews
09:31, 20th Oct 2014 Misha: Lucrehulk class has always been my favorite star wars ship, great job at it.

M

09:31, 20th Oct 2014
Misha: Lucrehulk class has always been my favorite star wars ship, great job at it.

Level 3
Nice... will you do more models other than those 3?
I'm tempted to do a side project with those, similiar to a Risk-type game.

Level 3
Yes, please make a map! It is for you guys that i make these. Next on the list are:

Munificent-class Star Frigate

Acclamator class (i know olofmoleman did one, but i want one which fits with the rest)

Low Altitude Assault Transport

Droid Gunship

And POSSIBLY a recusant class support destroyer.

I would look forward the Recusant and the Munificent, as well as the new Acclamator one.
Though the Droid Gunship sounds awesome as well - a shame it doesn't fit into the theme of my map, as it covers space battles only (but maybe I might use it as an excuse for a seperatist transport ship, like Battlefront 2 once did).

Level 9
This is a very good battleship, But I feel like there needs more love to the Alternate animations like movement for example it can't just stand there and maybe a death animation too for those alternates because if it dies it'll just disappear or go back into normal animation.

Edit: Also I have a suggestion make this http://i.imgur.com/5YwnzwF.jpg it's a CIS Trade federation supply ship

''Yes, please make a map! It is for you guys that i make these. Next on the list are:

Droid Gunship''

nice, I may use that one. look forward to seeing it. be for warned tho I had started a model to homage it, a goblin version of the HMP wing made with tinker textures, so don't be surprised by it when it arrives and I swear its not a rip of urs =D

''So, you think i should have double rows of lights on the outside of the ring? I made it this way to make sure they would be visible.''

yes, you could have like 5 rows. similar to the inside rings surface area. it would require the outer rings outer edge to be taller/lower but it would be worth it imo

yellow lights add more scale, they look good randomized as well. I think the inside of your rings with 5 layers of windows looks really good, the 2 layers on the out side ring don't look as good, to me any way, partly because they are not that random, and because the 2 layers feels small to me.

''As for the torus not being round enough - that is really not something i can do anything about at this point. I made it this way to keep the polycount down, and i think it looks good.''

I think it looks not round enough but I would only of added maybe double as many corners on the out side ring, this models size so far isn't retardedly huge. 20-50 polys could have enhanced its roundness thus level of quality by a lot. but I don't know how tight you are for space, im making an external mpq to solve this issue.

''I think you will enjoy the death animation - i actually took the trouble to model most of the hangar interior, so when the ring breaks apart, it will reveal the entire cross-section of the ship and you will be able to peer into the hangar! A bit excessive some would say, but i thought it would be neat''

you're right I did enjoy the death animation, its too fast though, id double its death animation length personally but that is just me.

and I love the inside view.

''As for the windows on the core, i thought it would look empty without them''

I agree, I liked them too. still, they were not all over the place or randomized enough, which even though the cores don't normally have a lot of lights, in some views you can see it has tons, It could of looked real cool if you had added 2 or 3 rows of lights in the core, or even add some lights on the observation deck

over all view: I like this model, im going to use it in my mur'loc map (a mini game) but with you're permission il be adding windows too it for my needs.

additionally, if you wanted me too, I can give you my prototype particle emitter ''metal-jizz-splosionV.19'' which if you have seen my flowers plants and bombs in action would know im decently ok at making particle emitter textures, this model if you give me permission could have some nice metal particle emitters for death.

its not done yet, but once it is il give you a call if ur interested

any ways off topic: I like this model alot. 8.5/10 I still have images of the startrek universe where the enterprise has hundreds of yellow lights, this models lack of lights to me is merely annoying, but the lack of the upgrade first and second animations really do hurt though. especially a death alternate being you made the death animation so nice it hurts to not see one for the solo core and solo ship.

one more note I notice during death the shields don't shut down for the hangars, is that just mdlvis editor bugging out? (I don't judge models based on the 3d-veiwer any more)

Edit: found another minor issue, I know you are using this model some what smaller then I am probably, but the inside area of the engines have uv wrap lines on them, not noticeable when scaled small but when made huge they become emotionally damaging-ly ugly. a slight fix on that shouldn't be hard.

Suggestions:
1.) fix the engines wrap, it takes literally a second to fix, move the half circle engine texture line to the left by 2 millimeters,

2.) add at least death upgrade animations, without them I consider this model incomplete feeling =*(

3.) animated textures can look good, perhaps having your ships lights also all turn off during death could be a neat addition

4.) the point of separation has pieces of metal that stick out to look like an unclean break, which I like, but there are only 4 pieces of metal jaggedness even there. I suggest adding a few more pieces to make it look a bit more broken, you can even art-fully stuff them on the sides of the break to not mess with the hangars inside view

Last edited:
You and The General are both right about the alternate animations, a death animation for the core would be needed, and perhaps an empty walk animation, else the game migt pick the regular walk animation in lack of other alternatives. The particles for this one took ages to set up, so i am really not in the mood to fix this right now, but i will do so later.

About the death animation - long death sequences can kinda screw things up in warcraft, and it also looks less action-like. Still, i agree that the part after the wing breaks off coud have been longer, and i also admit to forgetting the shield flicker for this one.

I still disagree with the lights, i think putting them all over would look weird and it would just look like they are painted across the hull ignoring its geometry. That is why i kept them to the trenches on the rim. You are welcome to make your own edits though, and those metal particles sound cool. Are they model emitters, or did you make your own debris texture?

I am moving on to the other ships now.

''You are welcome to make your own edits though''

thank you =D I'LL MAKE YOU PROUD PROMISS

''and those metal particles sound cool. Are they model emitters, or did you make your own debris texture?''

they are a texture thats used by emitters, its how I added spinning dark nails to my goblin box mines blast and blades of grass to my cattail/flowers deaths, and also how I made the flowers emit flower petals as they die. they are not model emitters though just particles. (no idea what a model emitter is)

bascialy, I can make emitters spin clusters of any kind shape and color, and small grey sqares are what got used in the empire at war game for big ships exploding (small tiny fragments of rectangular shape)

my goblin machines are getting a texture called Metal Jizz Splosion which is not really much, its a tiny texture of differently oriented shapes.

heres how I use them as such:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/183403-albums6929-picture90734.html

Level 13
Wow this is magnificent,this is my most favorite model of yours its high res.and at same time low file size.