• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Unselectable

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, Collision Shape don't make the model selectable.
In War 3 Model Editor got to Edit/Calculate Extents, that will fix the problem.
Edit: I Check the animatios, all have Bounds Radius to 0, that make your model unselectable. Recalculate extent in Magos and you're done.

attachment.php

Edit 2: Also, your model has problems with GeosetAnimations...

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
Level 26
Collision shapes are only for optimize the calculation for missile collision and these things, has nothing to do with the selection. A model is selectable without a collision shape.

Missiles fly to the offset specified in object editor, attack range, area range splash etc. depend on the collision size from object editor. The model does not hold traffic gameplay influence. So I do not see how a "hit box" would help.

edit: Tested, it does somehow influence selectability, though only imprecise and maybe via the extents.

Missiles fly to the offset specified in object editor, attack range, area range splash etc. depend on the collision size from object editor. The model does not hold traffic gameplay influence. So I do not see how a "hit box" would help.

edit: Tested, it does somehow influence selectability, though only imprecise and maybe via the extents.

Yes, the Collision shape helps the selection circles around the model, not the selection!, and the calculation of collition of misiles.
Again, Collision shape has nothing to do with the selection of a model. A model can be selected if you have calculated the extents, otherwise not.

Test the model again but, recalculate the extents in magos.

Edit: Here are two models, the same model. One with extents/without collision shape and the other with collision shape/without extents.

Attachments

• BoxTest(With Extents-Without CollisionShape).mdx
    2 KB · Views: 57
  • BoxTest(WithCollision Shape-Without Extents).mdx
    2.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Level 26
Again, I have clearly confirmed that a model can be selected without collision shapes. Also, that I have recalculated the extents. Infact, I have changed the collision shape and tested without and with adjusted extents.

I doubt your statement that they do not influence selection at all. At least they do via their modification of extents if they are accounted for them.

You told about other uses of those shapes. Elaborate please.

Yes, the Collision shape helps the selection circles around the model, not the selection!

What are you talking about?
The scale of selection circles is also specified in the object editor. Also, i am perfectly sure that collision boxes have nothing to do with projectiles, that just makes no sense at all. There is no reason to use collision geometry for missiles unless they are able to miss. You will notice that the hit effects always spawn at the preset hit coordinates of the model too, so it has nothing to do with this either.

Please don't use this patronising tone unless you really know what you're talking about (although perferably not even then).

Status
Not open for further replies.