• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How Do I get started?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm interested in getting started (again) in Warcraft Editting. Spells (via triggers not JASS) and modelling and skinning.

WHat tools do I need for file conversions, viewing, and editting to import/export models and skins and edit them?

Anyone have a link as to where I can get started?

I already have Photoshop and 3ds Max as well as gmax.

Thanks again.

Level 25
Useless for WC3 modding

Anywho, go and grab Yob'Gul's file converter from the tools section, along with WC3 Viewer. Yob'Gul's converts, WC3 Viewer deals with extraction and can convert things to .blp

Then grab the Oinkertools for vertex editing, because Gmax is really really buggy with WC3 modding and, well, the Oinkertools were designed for it. Its in the sticky topic dealing with this very topic

Level 2
whats wrong with 3ds max 7? Other then it not being able to be used with the Art Tools, isn't there any other way to get it to work with WC3?

Status
Not open for further replies.