• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Assassination Round v1.3

ASSASSINATION ROUND V1.3
Created by fritzoman
[Protected]
VERSION 1.3.1 [BUG FIXES]

87748d1281896144-need-pictures-your-map-description-come-here-assassinate-mi.png

Map Information

Welcome to Assassination Round (BETA) v1.3
Created by: fritzoman

Use your skills as an assassin (what skills) to assassinate the other players. Who could they be, there is 300 of you that look alike, make calculated decisions, and play for survival.

The map is currently in BETA meaning I would like to make improvements. Suggest as much as you can, and tell me any problems with the game!

Assassinations Round comes with an indefinite 'Auto-Remake' function, so dont leave after the first round!!.

Please take some time to read the About tab (F9) in-game for information on the game and special thanks.. "I know you can't be bothered, but it wont take too long."

Version 1.3 Update: Now you can gain Ranks within the game. You can also Save/Load your statistics into every game!! Hunt for Rank 10: Undefeatable [5000 Kills] (I will be going for this rank legitimately myself). Feel free to post any comments on the rank you have achieved or anything like that! I would love to hear from you how it is going! Remember to read the in-game 'About' F9 tab for more detailed information.
--View the Version 1.3 Change Log below for new commands and more information--

*INFO* A merchant (disguised as a villager) is randomly spawned in the game every round, so make sure to keep an eye out!.

87747d1281896144-need-pictures-your-map-description-come-here-assassinate-f.png

Features

Assassination Round comes with many useful in-game features (all created by me) which help improve the overall gameplay of the map, some that are included are:

1. Indefinite Auto-Remake Function.
  2. 'Assassin' Detection System.
  3. Non-Playing Villager Actions (Retaliation, Running Away).
  4. If a mode isn't selected within 15 seconds the game defaults to a 10Minute Assassination Match.
  5. Top player on the list will select the gamemode, if that player leaves, the next person down will select the next round. (List sorted by Player # not by score)
  6. Point scoring system. (+2 points for an assassination, -1 point for killing an innocent)
  7. Non-Abuser system. (If a players score gets to -10 the player's assassin will be removed from that round. - and placed back in starting at the next round)
  8. Perfect grammar and punctuation. (I pride myself on correct grammar and punctuation, so please comment if you have found any grammatical errors within the map.)[*] New Ranking system and Save/Load statistics!

87750d1281896230-need-pictures-your-map-description-come-here-assassinate-s.png

ScreenShots

Below are some screenshots that I captured within the game. They display the mode selection, seperate game types, and general map areas/functions.
*Remember to press the 'Reveal' button next to the 'ScreenShot #' headings after opening the main 'All ScreenShots' drop down.*

187282-albums5277-picture53872.jpg

187282-albums5277-picture53873.jpg

187282-albums5277-picture53874.jpg

187282-albums5277-picture53875.jpg

187282-albums5277-picture53876.jpg

187282-albums5277-picture53877.jpg

187282-albums5277-picture53878.jpg

187282-albums5277-picture53879.jpg

87746d1281896144-need-pictures-your-map-description-come-here-assassinate-c.png

Special Thanks

Testers (Not on Hive):

1. madoly (Main Ideas)
  2. garrionbeal
  3. gagepheon
Testers (On Hive):

1. light bolt30 (Retired MapMaker)
  2. ...
  3. ...
Glitches/Bugs:

1. ...
  2. ...
  3. ...
Others:

1. ...
  2. ...
  3. ...

87752d1281896430-need-pictures-your-map-description-come-here-assassinate-cl.png

Change Log

1. New Ranking System, receive 10 different ranks based on your amount of kills.
  2. Save and Load your statistics so you can challenge your friends to see who is the best!.
  3. View players accumulated Kills and Death in-game! See how well you match up to other players.
  4. View your own statistics whenever need be..
  5. New Commands:-stats (View your personal statistics) -ranks (View the currently available ranks) -scores (View the Kills/Deaths of all players within the game at the time) -save/-load (Save and load your statistics!)
  6. MINOR BUG FIXES

1. Uploaded Map.

1. Include more items.
  2. Include more skills. (Maybe a target which is placed on a villager and only you see it. - so you can follow them)
  3. More in-game functions.

Players Ranked

Players who are Rank 10: Undefeatable [5000 Kills]:
None..

If you have achieved Rank 10 please send me a screenshot or video and I will add your name to the list.

Author's Note

If you would like, I encourage you to make videos or take screenshots of rounds you have done or anything like that and send them to me at [email protected].. Anything else like queries, glitches or anything else feel free to comment here!!

I will also accept any challenge! (I haven't been beaten yet!) -[Only currently play on Garena Game Client as user fritzoman.]

If you would like to be included in the Special Thanks (testers) and in-game Special Thanks just leave a comment and tell me what you thought! (Anyone who has helped me through comments about glitches/text errors or anything like that will be added to the Special Thanks on this page as well.)
Keywords:
assassinate, assassination, round, fritzoman, kill, map, assassin, red, blood, assassination round, assassinationround, assassinateround, v1, v1.2, ra
Contents

Assassination Round v1.3 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2011/Dec/11 00:13:35 Reasons: Other: Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object...
Level 3
the terrain is really bad man...
maybe you should check these maps and try to remake the terrain...
Ninja vs Samurai v2.32
Ninja vs Samurai Ultimate v1.03
My terrain was not meant to be too flash hot, but thanks! I will definitely check out these maps. Right now i'm working on a rank system in-game where ranks depend on amount of kills. (There will be a save/load system) Should be up within the hour!

Level 3
looks like murder city

what's the point of ranks in maps ? i never get it

Ranks were mainly something for me to do. I would also like to get any downloaders and such to challenge themselves. I myself will be trying to achieve the highest. (5000 kills). ETA FOR UPLOAD: Uploaded!!!. Make sure to download and challenge yourself!

If anyone could tell me how to update the 'Minimap' on this webpage so I can display v1.3 it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Level 15
the terrain is really bad man...
maybe you should check these maps and try to remake the terrain...
Ninja vs Samurai v2.32
Ninja vs Samurai Ultimate v1.03

Terrain is fine. Why is the terrain bad? If you don't explain, your opinion/comment is worthless. The creator of this map shouldn't try to remake the terrain of the Ninja vs Samurai series because they are shit. I haven't even seen the terrain of the map, so do you consider my comment or disregard it?

Anyways, I played this map in Oceania RPG @ Garena. You were also present in the room, hah!

I like the concept of the game, and it's implemented quite well (I guess these two go hand-in-hand). I can notice no flaws or errors on how you implement the concept - how everyone looks the same on the surface. You don't get many simple but effective concepts like that regularly, it's mainly complicated ones that generally do more harm than good.

One problem the map suffers from is the simplicity. As the objective is so simple, there isn't much in the way of diversity. The auto-remake function was nice, but it isn't worth it if the game gets boring because playersdo the same thing over and over.

A good way of identifying enemies is to pay attention to surrounding villagers. Note any irregular movement (that isn't random Wander movement, or did you trigger the random generic movement? I suspect the former) such as constant movement or item pickups. You can use senses to see if you're the only assassin nearby and move in for the kill or wait until you're sure you're the last one.

One suggestion I have is to make the movement of non-player villagers more distorted and unpredictable. Sure you can mimic the movement of the Wander ability as a villager, but anything outside of what would be random Wander is predictable. Therefore I suggest these things to make movement less predictable:
  • Trigger villagers to randomly move to another further distant point on the map to mimic players on the go.
  • Trigger villagers to follow the above moving unit to mimic a player stalking another player (I doubt this could be effective implemented though).
  • Create random item drops more frequently but have villagers pick them up.
  • Add AI assassins
Although most of these suggestions could actually make the game more lengthier and boring if everyone plays passively. Which links to the problem of the map being too simple, it needs more content. It works as a mini-game, but doesn't work as a map players will constantly want to play.

Level 3
Terrain is fine. Why is the terrain bad? If you don't explain, your opinion/comment is worthless. The creator of this map shouldn't try to remake the terrain of the Ninja vs Samurai series because they are shit. I haven't even seen the terrain of the map, so do you consider my comment or disregard it?

Anyways, I played this map in Oceania RPG @ Garena. You were also present in the room, hah!

I like the concept of the game, and it's implemented quite well (I guess these two go hand-in-hand). I can notice no flaws or errors on how you implement the concept - how everyone looks the same on the surface. You don't get many simple but effective concepts like that regularly, it's mainly complicated ones that generally do more harm than good.

One problem the map suffers from is the simplicity. As the objective is so simple, there isn't much in the way of diversity. The auto-remake function was nice, but it isn't worth it if the game gets boring because playersdo the same thing over and over.

A good way of identifying enemies is to pay attention to surrounding villagers. Note any irregular movement (that isn't random Wander movement, or did you trigger the random generic movement? I suspect the former) such as constant movement or item pickups. You can use senses to see if you're the only assassin nearby and move in for the kill or wait until you're sure you're the last one.

One suggestion I have is to make the movement of non-player villagers more distorted and unpredictable. Sure you can mimic the movement of the Wander ability as a villager, but anything outside of what would be random Wander is predictable. Therefore I suggest these things to make movement less predictable:
  • Trigger villagers to randomly move to another further distant point on the map to mimic players on the go.
  • Trigger villagers to follow the above moving unit to mimic a player stalking another player (I doubt this could be effective implemented though).
  • Create random item drops more frequently but have villagers pick them up.
  • Add AI assassins
Although most of these suggestions could actually make the game more lengthier and boring if everyone plays passively. Which links to the problem of the map being too simple, it needs more content. It works as a mini-game, but doesn't work as a map players will constantly want to play.

Thanks for your input xBlackRose, and I would love to speak to you in Oceania RPG Room 2 sometime! I will definitely look into ways to trigger the villagers movement differently, and will explore some of your other ideas as well! Your right, this game does get a bit boring after the first couple of rounds but you must remember this map idea was built to be a minigame to play quickly.. (I only implemented the Auto-Remake well, because I could) Thanks for the input, it's about time someone commented! Not liking the 2/5 though, but hey it's the viewers call. I can only strive to improve.

Regards,
fritzoman

Level 15
fritzoman said:
Thanks for your input xBlackRose, and I would love to speak to you in Oceania RPG Room 2 sometime!

I go by many usernames, I'm not too liked on some though :3 As a user experienced with the modding of Warcraft III, I have this tendency to open up the script of the maps I play to see whether a cheatpack had been implemented within it or not. I generally tend to abuse it if so. I don't necessary use them for winning purposes, rather just to disrupt or create random events with it. I'm such an asshole, lol. I've had encounters with you before, I think, I can't be sure - but that's how I'm able to remember you perhaps :D But anyways, yes, I might just login my xBlackRose/Siraraz (I go by both usernames) account sometime.

fritzoman said:
I will definitely look into ways to trigger the villagers movement differently, and will explore some of your other ideas as well! Your right, this game does get a bit boring after the first couple of rounds but you must remember this map idea was built to be a minigame to play quickly.. (I only implemented the Auto-Remake well, because I could) Thanks for the input, it's about time someone commented! Not liking the 2/5 though, but hey it's the viewers call. I can only strive to improve.

(I pride myself on correct grammar and punctuation....

On the map only? Should apply everywhere upon the internet! You have spelled you're incorrectly (I've coloured the mistake red).

On the topic of the map, I guess content expansion becomes limited due to the type of nature it holds. However I'm sure you are able to think of something to make the game more interesting yet still retain the effective simplicity it has. After some thinking back, I ponder about the balance of the game. Since all players have access to the same things (and gold isn't used for anything except darts - which can be acquired for free), there isn't much opportunity for players who have fell behind to catch up, or anything for leading players to be handicapped by.

(I only implemented the Auto-Remake well, because I could)

That's fair enough, I implement many features that aren't necessary into my maps. As long as you have the time to add things, I guess. The Auto-Remake function is definitely useful though.

Thanks for the input, it's about time someone commented!

No worries. I happen to take an interest in maps developed by people I know of.

Not liking the 2/5 though, but hey it's the viewers call. I can only strive to improve.

It's 2/5 due to the lack of incentive to replay, but that may change. It is a beta after all. Good luck with your map.

Level 1
Hey what about team called hunter hunter objective is to hunt assassins down and protect villargers and PS i can be tester :)

Level 3
That was one of my original thoughts when I first created this map. Have a mode where once selected, choose a random player to become a 'hunter'. The hunter has to take out all of the assassins in a DeathMatch style match (Assassins have 1 life then are removed from the round.) Still trying to figure out how to implement that game mode though.. Will get back to you all!

Level 6
Well unless assassins had random villager targets that wouldn't work
Also a quick suggestion or two, you should give variation to the villager models and player models because right now everyone lives in a village with only men. Also it would be cool if there were a few buildings you could go into and hide in or buy random items that are useful

Level 1
its a great map just make more hiding spots,like assasins creed multiplayer its realy great and you could make other skins and other weather its a realy great idea for a map,make more weapons,download custom skins,or make them to make it much better

Level 1
what about assassins looks like villargers so villargers dont know who is assassin and who not.And there can be somebody like detective when somebody get killed he can see body on map or where he died and kill that assassin (if he dont standing were he died).And assassins cant see name of players or villargers

Last edited:
Level 9
funny map

it shouldn't unreveal when killing someone ! it would add more fun !
also, there are too many poison darts, it's easy to kill someone u just saw running or killing someone

i like deathmatch mode the most

and when we both know who is assassin, the first one who click should kill the target, not both got the kill because the attack is too slow (make it instant attack)

Level 6
Hacking frenzy :p get 5k kills in 10s!
How? - "NOT RESPONDING" :D
Nice Map. I've almost closed the window, till I've read that this map have save/load func
too.
Rate 4/5 For begining