The Adventures of Rowan the Wise is the first campaign in Turnro's series of Warcraft 3 campaigns. It offers an alternative storyline to what could have happened when the Scourge began to invade Lordaeron.
This campaign offers Blizzard-like chapters with fun gameplay and an engaging story. You will relive many of Warcraft 3's major events, along with encountering familiar characters from the Alliance and the Undead Scourge.
If you enjoyed the original Warcraft Campaigns, then The Adventures of Rowan the Wise is for you!
Relive the Warcraft Story
Explore the lands of Quel’Thalas, protect Dalaran from the Scourge, and travel throughout the cold lands of Northrend.
Control the Vast Armies of the Alliance!
Take command of the Silver Hand, take heed to the Blood Elves, and go on treasure hunts with the dwarves of Khaz Modan.
Play as 5 Ultra Powerful Heroes
Play as the original human heroes of Warcraft 3 PLUS a new custom hero called the Ranger.
Voice recordings included in Cinematics
A feature that is usually rare in custom Warcraft 3 campaigns!
New Units, Spells and Items
New Background Music in Cinematics and In-game
Variable Difficulty Levels
Cheat Disabling on Hard Difficulty
... And much more!
- Added in more sound recordings. There are at least some sound recordings in every chapter
- Slight changes to dialogue
- Now added in the option to play the campaign in Normal or Hard version
- Many other minor changes to gameplay
- Re-edited AI for all maps except Chapter 10
- Slight changes to Ballista to make them more like the Ballista in Reign of Chaos
- Modified Shield Breakers, as well as giving them Resistant Skin. However, they are no longer immune to magic
- Minor changes to terrain, especially Chapter 6
- Fixed a problem in Chapter 2 where killing Uther did not complete the main quest
- Minor changes to cinematics
- Changed Blood Elf worker and Dwarf miner models
- Decreased the timing of the main quest in Chapter 5 from 45 minutes to 35 minutes
- Fixed problems referring to Rowan's and Bevan's custom sound pathings
- Dragonhawk Riders now have reasonable health in Chapter 3 (before they only had 1 hit point!)
- Fixed pausing problems after cinematics in Chapter 7
- The hotkey for Shield Breakers has been fixed
- Added the final sound recordings. All custom voices have now been added in
- Minor changes to existing sound recordings
- Fixed a problem in Chapter 3 where the Bladesmaster would disappear after using Mirror Image
- Edited AI for enemy bases in all chapters in Hard version
- Exceptional changes to terrain
- Attacking the Night Elves in Chapter 2 is no longer an optional quest
- Edited the following hero abilities:
Resurrection: Cooldown decreases with each level, but does not raise as many warriors as it used to
Mass Teleport: Cooldown decreases with each level
Avatar: Cooldown still increases with each level, but not as much as it used to.
Wounding Arrow: Mana cost does not increase with each level
- Shield Breakers no longer need to have Storm Boulder researched in order for them to use the ability
- Shield Breakers can now gain the Improved Storm Boulder upgrade, which increases the damage and stun duration of the ability
- Changed the model of Gyrocoptors
- Replaced Troll Headhunters with Forest Trolls in Chapter 1 (for storyline reasons)
- Decreased the difficulty of Chapter 10 in Normal version. The Lich King is no longer immune to magic, enemy heroes do not have items, the number of towers have been reduced, and the unit numbers in Arthas' and Kel'Thuzad's base has been reduced by 50%.
- Numerous gameplay changes
- Due to gameplay reasons, Logan's Phoenix ability is disabled for the first part of Chapter 8
- Fixed a problem where the High Elves in Chapter 3 would only attempt to attack the Undead once and did not send additional reinforcements
- Decreased the damage Arcane Towers deal in Chapter 1
- Rowan no longer gets revived at the Sunwell if he gets killed Chapter 1. Instead, the player loses the mission
- There is now background music at the start of Chapter 7
- Re-edited Chapter 1’s loading screen text to offer more of an introduction to the storyline
- Minor changes to cinematics
- Minor changes to terrain
- Changed the name of the Storm Boulder ability to Storm Hammer, as well as changing its icon
- Fixed building hide/unhide problems in Chapter 2
- Removed the Possession ability from Ghosts and Wraiths in Chapter 6. Instead, the can cast Curse
- Created new minor challenges to Chapter 6
- Boulder towers now have Fortified armor instead of Heavy armor in Hard version
- Fixed cinematic skipping problems during Faceless One rounds in Chapter 9
- Slight AI changes (in upgrades) for maps in Normal version
- The AI types of all maps have been reverted back to Melee type
- The campaign has been updated to match the unit stats of the user’s current version of Warcraft 3
- Changed the path of Nathan’s and Logan’s sound recordings, for campaign reasons
- Hero revive duration no longer has a max revive time
- Modified Bevan’s Mend and Wounding Arrow abilities
- Changed the armor type of Uther (chicken) to flesh. This is so that when the chicken is attacked, it doesn’t sound like a paladin is being hit
- Fixed a problem in Chapter 6 where Tek and Razzil could attack trees
- Increased the damage dealt by creeps in Hard version in chapters 6, 8, 9 and 10
- Numerous other changes made
- Fixed a problem where Chapter 4 wouldn't load
- Corrected a few spelling/grammar errors
- Fixed an issue where the Chaplain would attack the Silver Hand's buildings in the last cinematic of Chapter 2
- The credits map has been removed
- Fixed a problem where the difficulty would set to Hard when currently in Normal version. In addition, the difficulty system has been changed: the player can now chose the difficulty at the start of each map.
- Redone several voice recordings (both partly and completely) for the following characters:
Rowan the Wise, Lord Nicholas Buzan, Villager, Knight, Footman, Captain, Antonidas, High Elf Priest, Logan the Mysterious, Demon Summoner, and Admiral Proudmoore.
- Fixed a problem in Chapter 1 where Rowan would become stuck in between fences after using a Scroll of Town Portal
- Minor/Moderate terrain changes in all Chapters
- Maiev no longer has Blink in Chapter 2
- Malganis no longer casts Sleep in Normal version
- A timer has been added to the first quest in Chapter 2
- The quest to slay Uther in Chapter 2 has been redone
- The mirror images of the Bladesmaster now deal 10% of the Bladesmaster’s damage
- The Bladesmaster’s mirror images no longer disappear after a certain amount of time. However, they will cease to exist once the Bladesmaster is dead
- Made AI changes in Chapters 3, 4, 5, 8, & 10
- The following spell changes have been made:
- Rowan no longer has Spell Immunity
- Divine Shield has been reworked: it is now an ability that can be cast on nearby friendly units. The spell now protects friendly units from all magic attacks and spells for a fixed time. However, if Rowan casts Divine Shield on himself, he will instead turn invulnerable for the same duration
- Devotion Aura has been semi-replaced with Blessing of Wisdom: it grants Rowan increased mana pool and regeneration, as well as a choice of three different auras. The auras effects and the bonus mana for Rowan will increase with each level
- True Sight has been replaced with Critical Shot: it gives Bevan a 15% chance to deal 1.5 times normal damage to an enemy unit
- Trueshot Aura also increases the attack range of Bevan with each level
- Control Magic has been replaced with Frostbolt
- Brilliance Aura has been replaced with Mage Armor: it increases the armor and grants mana regeneration to nearby friendly units.
- Increased the level 2 & 3’s Phoenix’s hits points and damage
- Feedback has been replaced with Life Drain: Logan converts 15% of his attack damage to health
- Reverted the change how the cooldown of Avatar increases with each level. However, the amount of additional damage has been changed from 20/40/60 to 20/30/40
- Increased the duration of Ensnare and reduced its cooldown
- Bash no longer increases the chance of Nathan casting Bash with each level. Instead, the damage it deals has been increased with each level
- Additional runes have been added in Chapter 6
- Fixed a problem in Chapter 6 in Normal version where the AI for the Draenei would not run
- A Marketplace has been added into Chapter 6 which can sells items to the player’s heroes
- Fixed a problem in Chapter 7 & 10 where Sylvanas would no longer attack the player after charming units
- Fixed a problem which disabled the player from building a Gryphon Aviary to train Dragonhawk Riders until a Castle is present
- Fixed a bug where creeps would not drop items in Hard version
- Fixed an issue in Chapter 9 concerned with bridge pathing problems
- The amount of Faceless Ones to kill in Chapter 9 has been slightly reduced
- The Lich King’s damage in Chapter 10 has been reduced. However, his attack range has been increased
- Arthas and Kel’Thuzad’s base in Chapter 10 has been split
- The undead heroes in Chapter 10 no longer disappear when their base is destroyed. They merely help defend other bases, and can even defend the Lich King if all undead bases are destroyed
- The Foundry has been replaced with the Tavern
- Random items no longer appear during cinematics
- The Boulder Towers in Chapter 6 in Hard version no longer have fortified armor
- The Spell Book no longer grants the hero bonus mana and mana regeneration
- The Tome of Retraining is no longer available in Chapter 5
- Tek’s Command Aura has been replaced with Pocket Factory. In addition, Tek has been given Demolish, which allows him to deal 2x normal damage to buildings
- Numerous small changes are also been made
- Slight AI improvements to the Undead in Chapters 4, 7, & 8. In addition, a problem was fixed in Chapter 7 which allowed the player to destroy the Undead with ease using only Ballistae.
- Flesh Golems now deal Normal damage from Chaos, have less health, and are affected by weapon/armor upgrades
- Tek and Razzil are now classified as Hero units in Chapter 6. This means that their unit stats and spells are now identical to the default Goblin Tinker and Alchemist
- The following spell changes have been made:
- Command Aura now affects both melee and ranged units
- Divine Shield has been reworked: it is no longer usable on units other than Rowan. The spell provides a shield which absorbs damage for a set amount of time. In addition, this change fixes a bug in Chapter 5 where the Undead would retreat back to their base after Rowan uses Divine Shield
- The damage reflected by Retribution Aura has been increased from 10/20/30/40% to 12/24/36/48%. In addition, the aura’s effect has been changed.
- Trueshot Aura has been removed
- Critical Shot is now a Hero ability, with each level increase further multiplying the damage done from attacks
- Bevan has been given a new passive ability: Far Range. This permanently increases his attack range by 100.
- Ensnare has been replaced with Demolish, which allows the Mountain King to deal 2x damage vs. buildings
- Minor terrain changes and additional doodads have been added in Chapters 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, & 9
- The Bandit’s voice in Chapter 1 has been replaced
- Additional creeps have been added in the second part of Chapter 8. Before, much of the terrain was empty, making exploring on behalf of the player boring and pointless
- The Quest Descriptions in every chapter have been revised to fix grammar errors
- Minor item rearrangements in Chapter 9
- The experience rate for heroes in Chapter 9 has been slightly increased
- The ending to the Interlude: The Alliance’s Reunion has been completely remade
- Decreased timing between attacks from the Undead in Chapter 10
- Maiev no longer uses Shadow Meld in Chapter 2. This fixes an issue where the Warden would become permanently invisible at night, and disabled the player from seeing her until it is daytime
- Re-edited the cinematic in Chapter 1 when Rowan reads the Tome of Knowledge
- Slight dialogue/voice changes in the final cinematic in Chapter 5
- Archers and their upgrades no longer require a Blacksmith
- The player now starts with a Blood Elven Barracks in Chapter 7
- The Shipyard in Chapter 7 no longer needs to be destroyed for the player to complete the chapter. In addition, lost Undead Ships will be retrained to secure access to the Undead by sea
- Fixed a major problem in Chapter 1 where Rowan would become stuck in amongst doodads after using the Scroll of Town Portal in Chapter 1
- Fixed a problem in Chapters 1 & 6 where the hotkey for Rowan’s Divine Shield was not D
- Fixed a problem in Chapter 6 where skipping certain cinematics would cause random items on the ground to permanently disappear
- The Forgotten One’s health in Chapter 9 has been slightly increased, to compensate for Nathan’s Demolish ability
- Fixed a crashing bug which would occur on Mac computers
- Slight terrain improvements across all maps
- Added, Redone and/or Replaced several voice recordings for the following characters:
Rowan the Wise, Footman, Knight, Villager, Maiev Shadowsong, Uther, Captain, Chaplain, Archmage, Tek, Bevan the Swift, High Elf Priest, Logan the Mysterious, Spell Breaker, Shield Breaker, Rifleman, Malganis, Akama, and Admiral Proudmoore.
- Slight cinematic changes (including dialogue, camara movements, etc.) throughout all Chapters
- Slightly altered the ending (Epilogue) of the campaign
- Added more in-game dialogue and/or events in Chapters 2, 5, and 7.
- Improved the boss fight with Arthas Menethil in Chapter 7
- The damage absorbed from Divine Shield now correctly absorbs 100% damage taken
- The following spell changes have been made:
- Blessing of Wisdom no longer grants additional mana regeneration
- Divine Shield is no longer deactivatable. In addition, the spell’s duration has been changed to 12/18/24/30 seconds, and has increased in both mana cost and cooldown
- Command Aura has been reverted to only affect melee units
- Retribution Aura’s damage reflected has been changed to 15/25/35/45%
- Resurrection no longer increases the amount of allies raised with each level. Instead, the cooldown will further decrease by 90 seconds
- Far Range has been removed
- Bevan now has Trueshot Aura again. This spell also grants additional range for the hero, but does not increment with each level
- Critical Shot has been reverted back to a passive ability
- Increased the mana cost of Mend from 105 to 115
- Decreased the mana cost of Wounding Arrow from 225 to 175
- Mage Armor is now classified as an auto-cast ability. However, this spell will not automatically be activated at the start of each chapter
- Decreased the casting delay of Mass Teleport for levels 2 & 3 from 5 seconds to 3
- Increased the duration of Banish to 12/18/24/30 seconds. In addition, the cooldown for this spell also decreases each level (6/4/2/0 seconds) and has a mana cost of 75 throughout all levels
- Bash now grants both increased damage and chance to Bash with each incremental level
- Bevan’s model now uses the Priest death sound when killed
- Fixed a problem in Chapter 5 which allowed flying units like Gargoyles to slip pass the player’s defenses, losing the mission
- Fixed a problem in certain missions where mission cinematics would make the player’s Peasants forget their initial build orders
- The Silver Hand army in Chapter 1 will no longer run away when fighting the Orcs
- Decreased the range of Ballista from 1150 to 1000
- Fixed a bug in Chapter 1 where having Rowan dead would not make the player loss the mission
- Added in a new Optional Quest in Chapter 5.
- Transport Ships in Chapter 7 no longer cost food
- The Archmages in Chapter 5 now have slightly different models
- The Mask of Death in Chapter 9 has been replaced with the Necklace of Spell Immunity
- Pressing the spacebar will now bring the player to quest-specific locations on the map
- The undead will now have increased damage in Hard Version in Chapters 8, 9, & 10
- New custom music throughout cinematics and gameplay
- The hotkeys for units, buildings, spell, etc, have been changed around the QWER composition. However, these hotkeys will have no affect on the game if Custom Hotkeys is enabled through the user profile
- New items to find, with extremely powerful legendary items to acquire in Hard difficulty
- All known cheats that give the player an unfair advantage have been disabled on Hard difficulty. If a cheat is used, the player will automatically lose the mission.
- The entire campaign has been polished. This includes, but not limited to, changes to terrain, cinematics, and in-game events
- Fixed a bug in Chapter 2 where Rowan would appear in an in-game cinematic after dying
- Rowan's Divine Shield ability now correctly absorbs spell damage as opposed to gaining health
- Fixed a problem with the AI where waves sent to attack the player would retreat back to base once they have killed a single unit/structure
- Fixed a bug in Chapter 2 where the woman would not always give the player a Potion of Mana
- Fixed a few issues with the boss fight with Arthas in Chapter 7
- Changed the armor types of enemy structures to Heavy Armor in Chapters 1 & 3
- The first Shade killed in Chapter 4 will now count towards Shades killed for the optional quest
- Redone the losing cinematic in Chapter 5
- Fixed Tara's spell description for Mage Armor
- Bevan's Trueshot aura no longer grants additional attack range. Instead, Bevan will start off with increased attack range by default
- Decreased the mana cost of Bevan's Wounding Arrow ability from 175 to 150
- The Shield Breakers Storm Hammer upgrade will now enable that ability as opposed to increasing its overall strength
- Reduced the magic resistance of Shield Breakers from 50% to 25%
- Added new models for potion and scroll items throughout the game
- Night Elf Glaive Throwers now have a new skin
- Fixed an issue where passive icons in the game would appear as a green icon
- The Book of the Silver Hand in Chapter 1 now has a cooldown after being used. In addition, Rowan will stop casting teleport when a cinematic commences
- Fixed an issue in Chapter 5 where the 'secret' magic vault would not drop any items in Normal difficulty
STORY, MAP DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT: Turnro
LOGO DESIGN: carlvic
MUSIC AND SOUND
1C:Ino-Co (theme music from Majesty 2)
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim (Cheer Sound)
I would like to thank the following users whose help I have much appreciated:
Sorry this campaign came out so late. I have had difficulty uploading it onto Hive, due to its large file size.
The original version of my Human Campaign was finished about 3 months ago. The reason why it had been hold off was because all the sound recordings haven't been done. The following chapters do not have sound recordings:
2nd Interlude - Tara to the Rescue
3rd Interlude - The Alliance's Reunion
Chapter 10 - The Frozen Throne
4th Interlude - Living in Glory
Despite the hold-ups, The Adventures of Rowan the Wise is complete in gameplay. Feedback is much appreciated.
Actually I don't think this map is protected because, I just opened it up from the campaign editor to check how he does some triggers. Though its in jass and I'm pretty bad at jass. Well its a nice campaign but some things I disliked, like how tyrande wants world domination. Although uther being tricked by night elves and turning into a chicken is pretty funny.
We are blinded by light, Yet we run towards it.
We are running from the dark, Yet it follows us.
Can we ever reach that light? Will that shadow reach us?
I just finished it, and i must say, despite the bad terrain this campaign is awesome!!!
good work on this one man! :)
I didn't find any bugs, except at the map with the labyrinth, the 'diamond of summoning' item is unable to get, but its useless i guess.. :)
P.S: What about resurrection of the scourge campaign?, any news or so?..what are you working on? please inform me via PM. ;)