• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[TW]Tavern Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
406e969e7437a3722363fd324192b8886679bed8268b7e7f3540c451c3b1cbf56g.jpg

Tavern Wars is a modified hero arena which adapted from many genres of Warcraft Custom Map. "Tavern Wars" lets you battle against others with a fighter (hero) you have chosen before game starts. In Tavern Wars, you are encouraged to make your way to kill opponents, create item set and many more.

Full Information : http://www.tavern-wars.co.nr

=======================================
Author : SECTION (www.facebook.com/akasection)
Teams : None
Genre : Hero Arena (Modified)
Size : Medium (Full 128x160 - Playable 128x100 *approx)

Full
a2fb058ecec8994a08dad2027ea063cc693a912704f0f6033edce251619df87e6g.jpg

Arena
a7439be64f7f4900e6d1bdffff86349a843e6b4d4abc3c775c147a6f327128496g.jpg

Features :

- Item : Upgrade System
"You are able to upgrade items via enhancer. There are six types of enhancer available and you are able to enhance items to level 3 (means you are able to upgrade the item three times). Any item that upgraded may gives greater effect, but might not compatible with your hero. Therefore, experience will be needed for upgrading."
- Creeps : Life Randomizer
"Every creeps in the map will not have same hit points with others, even same unit. The creeps' hit points randomization is formulated as two dice, 10-100 with multiplier of 10 and 1-100 with step of 1. This system is not worked with units' mana."
- Score : Scoring System
"Since generic Warcraft scoring system doesn't give satisfied number of score, I've built new and customized scoring system that fit to Tavern Wars. Its factors are killing creeps, casting skills, using items, eliminate heroes and winning the game."
- Creeps : Level Up
"Same as DotA, every a period of time, neutral creeps will grow stronger. And every 'some' minutes, there will be new creeps created."
- Trap : Trap System
"Different from other hero arenas, Tavern Wars will include Traps over the map. Traps are environment features which able to be activated to do effect in an area. Traps are not needed to be bought because they are already in the map. You just need to activate the trap and wait someone steps on it and then... You'll see... But Traps won't be implemented in beta version since it is hard to make them work well."
- Game System : 4 Game Systems
"There are four game systems available to play. There are Killing Frenzy that kill as many as possible in some minutes, Last Man Standing that must survive until others have no life points available, Bounty Hunter that collect gold as many as possible in some minutes, and Treasure Collector that must collect treasures that spawned in the map."

Note from Editor :

Yea... I work for all this alone... although the resources come from this site and already added in credits. Actually, this project starts from years ago and still not completed... In fact, also, I'm always failed to build teams because I'm very rare to online. Therefore, let me handle this map alone, although it moves very slowly.

(It's very clear that I don't have many words to say)

But suggestions and corrections are welcome. Just let me know it via e-mail ([email protected]) or here.

8f1e2f56887b8495cf589c55027e10c592e9fadf43f3345654043ae02abd22ff6g.jpg

e5bbb52432294d2e939f5b85bb7db174d16418928aac07e39f525a41b6fd8d7b6g.jpg

c5f024ad906cce3787e229d32705095010a8fc2ce96df9cd07352f0445972bc76g.jpg

534e824b9b2b19bf4bc53fcac54a376190d281b4b0d58939664a320a9be94d496g.jpg

ce1c32a1f2e9a473e35f5435dfcb862f2772767e54ed1eb7529796a072ca6f206g.jpg

8ae3dcbf2760ea88c370874d66b52b15c52cfe71c8ad4003324aa8ce695e538b6g.jpg

A bit in-game :
97ef9264cd2bb6c6061a7efedd7de92d032d5b7541d76ccaf13d393cc02662826g.jpg

4a575e07a2e8867c5e9a8aefafb84e0346e37263ac5da5d6113555102457b1d46g.jpg

0097e545624250c5df9feeeae4150340687b36e8c0ba8ceb7bb78d4dc8d2cce76g.jpg

Last edited:
Level 4
Okay-okay... I'll add it later...

Update :
Already added.. Check it...

High Quality Screenshots will be added later (when Tavern Wars is getting playable - alpha stage)

Last edited:
Level 4
The map scale is 128x160 (128x100 playable map approx.)
Next time I will "full write" all features of this map while I update the web.
*first page is updated

At this time, Tavern Wars uses Warcraft default doodads and models (although a number of heroes using imported models) for terrain layout. After this layout is fixed, the cosmetic will begins shortly.

I recommend all of you to visit www.tavern-wars.co.nr for latest updates since there is the main site, though this thread will be updated in a short period.

Level 4
Woops... I'm sorry... The filesize in currently unknown, but I'll keep the size under 3MB (for easy distribution)

hope like that but unluckily it wont done soon - but will be done, in the time of unknowingly.

Always check first post and its recommended to read all posts here before you comment (keep it clean and neat)

Ah... The terrain is not pretty good, just camera angle...

In addition, what's in your mind about "Hero Hunting Arena Map" ? And what do you want from that genre of map?

(will get online again at 08.00 AM West Indonesia Time | 01.00 AM GMT 0 .approx)

Level 4
woopss... I'm sorry for not updating... Yesterday I got vertigo and even unable to see LCD screen... :sob:
And also I want to ask : Is 128x100 too large for "Hero Hunting" Arena?

and...

Since there is no constant gold regeneration, is that good the item price expensive?
(comparison : killing hero : 300 gold, item price rate : 800 gold)

Level 9
Since there is no constant gold regeneration, is that good the item price expensive?
(comparison : killing hero : 300 gold, item price rate : 800 gold)

hmm.. that simply depends on the price of other items and how much significance they are given in the game
and to answer the 1st one I can't say if it's too big as I never played much of Hero Arenas but it looked fine in the minimap screenshot.

Level 4
Ah... Maybe i just release the alpha and let the community pick the right price.

Oh the map size is suitable for hero arena? Ok... So the map layout is fixed right now.

Then i want to ask something about developing :

Actually this map has three things more to done ( at least reach beta stage ). Those are:
-Hero Skills
-Items and Forgings
-Multiboard and scoring system

as your best answer, What's the highest priority so it must be done quickly?

Level 9
Ah... Maybe i just release the alpha and let the community pick the right price.

Oh the map size is suitable for hero arena? Ok... So the map layout is fixed right now.

Then i want to ask something about developing :

Actually this map has three things more to done ( at least reach beta stage ). Those are:
-Hero Skills
-Items and Forgings
-Multiboard and scoring system

as your best answer, What's the highest priority so it must be done quickly?

Releasing it to the public maybe a good idea as you working on it alone
might be after it's in Beta stage.

Level 4
Hm... It means Tavern Wars is really close to alpha stage (since item and skill aren't completed yet the map will not reach beta soon)

many thanks to you all! Especially for Foxy and StormyZ!

Level 4
yep... Alpha Stage only tests the game system and overall stability... then Beta Stage is full featured gameplay but never been tested before so it might lack of bugs and errors (even crashes)

therefore, after I finish the multiboard and scoring system, the alpha will be launched soon!

Level 4
sure...
i've scheduled the alpha stage - in next two weeks, so all of you can review the system!

Level 4
I am sorry for not updating this thread (aka up!) due the extra hardworking for the map. It is very hard to create an unbugged multiboard...

And the deadline draws near...

Level 4
hihihii.... thanks for all but the actually the deadline is used for scheduled map time so the release date can be predicted.

Also I wanna ask something, since this Alpha :
- No Completed Heroes and skills
- No Completed Items and Tables
- No Available Traps System

Is that good enough for alpha stage? Because actually the map system is done for a long time, but those items take very long~ time to be done... If that was enough for alpha, you may able to test (ONLY TEST, not playing) the system in a next-very-short-time.

But if those are not what you want to see in alpha, let me give "extra length of time" to complete them.

Level 9
hihihii.... thanks for all but the actually the deadline is used for scheduled map time so the release date can be predicted.

Also I wanna ask something, since this Alpha :
- No Completed Heroes and skills
- No Completed Items and Tables
- No Available Traps System

Is that good enough for alpha stage? Because actually the map system is done for a long time, but those items take very long~ time to be done... If that was enough for alpha, you may able to test (ONLY TEST, not playing) the system in a next-very-short-time.

But if those are not what you want to see in alpha, let me give "extra length of time" to complete them.
imo least an alpha stage should have a set of complete Heroes and Items ( just a few will do )
in the way you suggested it's good with Project testers only.

Level 4
Hm... If that is the best at this time, okay... The alpha release date will be suspended.

In the end of my words, i would like greatly to say thank you for you all for your assistance so this project is able to be improved.

Level 4
Actually, the pre-alpha aka System Test only will be published Monday (21 Feb 2011), but since StormyZ recommends that's better if I make it playable first before published to public, I suspend the deadline until further notifications. But if you want to test the system (will full unprotected map), you have the opportunity to do that by requesting here. I am very glad to know you are interested with it and soon will send the download link to you.

Okay... back to work!

Level 9
Actually, the pre-alpha aka System Test only will be published Monday (21 Feb 2011), but since StormyZ recommends that's better if I make it playable first before published to public, I suspend the deadline until further notifications. But if you want to test the system (will full unprotected map), you have the opportunity to do that by requesting here. I am very glad to know you are interested with it and soon will send the download link to you.

Okay... back to work!

yea something similar to what I was meaning to say
better to have testers to do the alpha stage, Beta can be public ^^
looking forward for it!

Level 4
The system test is available right now! Just PM me and you'll get it soon.

In addition, first page is updated.

Level 4
the system test 01 has been released. Any person PM me has already got it. And also they have been included in primary credit lists.

System Test 02 will be released in next month and soon the alpha stage will be done quickly (heroes and items).

Level 4
It's up to you. Both are same for me. The important thing for me right now is knowing the bug in the system.

Level 4
It's all up to you. Let us enjoy this project and make no hurry with it (hehe...)

Also, reminding, the System Test 02 will be released in next month and Alpha Stage after. I just need help with item creation that in my plan, I must create 7*6*6 = 252 items for item system. Any idea?

Level 4
yap... the i predicted that there will be 252 variation of items because of enhancing system (as you see in TW System Test 01, there are some merchants offer item enhancer)

But i'm still have no idea how long it takes the time...
Also, Traps system is currently in development (so it can't be tested).

But I promise that Tavern Wars System Test 02 will offers Item Enhancing System and Traps System, while I'm doing the heroes' spells first.

Level 4
hm... okay... let us do the first tier. Sure that often I'm just running out of idea... so your help of items creation would be a great help for me.

Level 9
hm... okay... let us do the first tier. Sure that often I'm just running out of idea... so your help of items creation would be a great help for me.

hmm.. Can't say from where to start
There should be a Types so let's see
Hp Restore/Regen, Mp Restore/Regen, Defense, Offense, Stats, Custom Abilities(optional), Others(boots of speed, Potion of Invulnerability n stuff)
so that makes it 252/7 = 36
means each type must have 36 different items.

so do you need something like this ? (the Tomes can take place of the abilities if you plan them ^^)

Level 4
erm... no need for tomes...

And emm.... i forgot to clarify this :

Basic Item : 7 Items
First Tier Item : 7 Items * 6 Enhancer = 42 Items
Second Tier Item : 42 Items * 6 Enhancer = 252 Items

And then Total = 252 + 42 + 7 = 294 + 7 = 301 Items
(Wow... it's getting bigger)

=========================================
Also, your types is great! I have an idea from it.

It looks like this :
Enhancer #1 : HP Enhancer
Enhancer #2 : MP Enhancer
Enhancer #3 : Defense Enhancer
Enhancer #4 : Attack Enhancer
Enhancer #5 : Status Enhancer
Enhancer #6 : Combat Enhancer

Which Custom Abilities will be included implicitly in Tiers.
Waw... Thank you very much! You are sooooo helpful..

Level 9
erm... no need for tomes...

And emm.... i forgot to clarify this :

Basic Item : 7 Items
First Tier Item : 7 Items * 6 Enhancer = 42 Items
Second Tier Item : 42 Items * 6 Enhancer = 252 Items

And then Total = 252 + 42 + 7 = 294 + 7 = 301 Items
(Wow... it's getting bigger)

=========================================
Also, your types is great! I have an idea from it.

It looks like this :
Enhancer #1 : HP Enhancer
Enhancer #2 : MP Enhancer
Enhancer #3 : Defense Enhancer
Enhancer #4 : Attack Enhancer
Enhancer #5 : Status Enhancer
Enhancer #6 : Combat Enhancer

Which Custom Abilities will be included implicitly in Tiers.
Waw... Thank you very much! You are sooooo helpful..
Hmm I think I'm understanding, (Might be good to have a
table--
---
for this :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.