• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft 1.5 3D Total Conversion Maps Project

Starcraft 1.5 3D Conversion Map Rating

• 1 Poor

Votes: 4 10.3%

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • 3 Adverage

Votes: 8 20.5%

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • 5 Awsome

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Welcome to the New World of 3D Starcraft.

Starcraft has become one of the most played games in the world and as players eagerly await the release of Starcraft 2, ive created these 9 SC 2 Concept Maps, to allow for players to experience Starcraft as they have never done before. Totally converted for Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, each map comes with lots of new player features, including new units and Abilities taken from the Starcraft's Ghost Game.

Current Avaliable Maps:
(4)Neo Lost Temple v2.0
(6)3v3 Micro Clutter v1.9
(6)3v3 Micro Clutter Islands v1.5
(6)3v3 Zero Clutter v4.3
(6)3v3 Zero Clutter Islands v3.0
(8)Big Game Hunters v2.4
(8)Fastest Possible Map Ever v3.6
(8)Hunters v2.1
(8)Zero Clutter Micro v2.3

For Screenshots and Maps Project Information goto http://mods.moddb.com/6470/

Starcraft 1.5 3D Conversion v5 Maps Pack Downloads:
http://files.moddb.com/5038/download-starcraft-15-3d-conversion-maps/

The Hive Workshop Map Downloads:
http://www.resources.hiveworkshop.c...us=approved&order=time_create&order_type=desc

Utilities Pack v1 Downloads:

'Exclusive to ModDB Website Only'

This Utilities Pack contains every model and skin used in my maps Project. Each model and skin has a readme.txt file contain the creator's name and or names as well as their own personal project's name and website link address's.

http://files.moddb.com/5039/download-starcraft3dconversionunitspack-/

This project has been in Development for the past 4 years and ive done as much as i can to convert as much Starcraft material into the maps as i can without breaching the 4mb bnet map limit online. The porject still has much work to do, there is no AI and a few bugs and plenty of missing units but hopefully ill improve the maps further in the next version set to be released in the near future.

Attachments

• Screenshot08 new(Dropship).JPG
    Screenshot08 new(Dropship).JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 62,636
  • New Dropship Picture.JPG
    New Dropship Picture.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 4,477
  • New Medic Picture.JPG
    New Medic Picture.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 7,033
  • New Dark Templar Picture.JPG
    New Dark Templar Picture.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 8,134
  • Screenshot07 new(Medic).JPG
    Screenshot07 new(Medic).JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 158,418
Level 7
My current plans are to continue improving the project as much as i can, i still have models and skins to add into the project so they are the main focus atm to get into the maps. As for the AI, i intend to try and create and add once ive reached maximum compression and hopefully will have enough left over space to add 1 AI script.

I dunno if a none bnet verison will be made yet as it would feel like a waste of effort becuz people would get bored of playing AI after awhile as i did when i use to play sc offline years ago, we will just have to wait and see how things play out, becuz if i can get a committed modeller, skinner and animator ill be able to perfect even the models as well.

So stay tuned for updates in the near future

The good point of having starcraft in wc is that the interface is better and you can customize it. Staredit was very limited. I agree, maybe night_wolvex should include more custom stuff in it and not stricly follow starcraft stats.

That's the reason I don't like Project Revolution.
Remember, there is a thing that you can't make in warcraft. Starcraft will run smoothly and will no lag even on the shittiest computers today (maybe only because of unstable or busy connection in multiplayer). This is a great up for sc.

Level 7
Lastest Project Developments

Just a little update on a new development for the project. I have now added a new shield system for protoss, which will not run from the current mana sheild system ive had in place for the past 3 years. Thius will open many doors for protoss as it will for one allow for protoss spell casters like archons and templars to finally be added to the project and u will now be able to see how much sheild power each protoss unit has.

The bad points are the new shield bar is always on and may become an obstruction after a while of playing and i think that it will appear even above claoked units so ive still got work on the system further.

4)Neo Lost Temple v2.0, (8)Fastest Possible Map Ever v3.6 are the ones ive played. i noticed a huge bug. Reavers can hit air. Also if your saying 'Total Starcraft Conversion Map' TAKE OUT THE STARCRAFT GHOST UNITS!!! Ive talked to ALOT of people on bnet and i havent met anyone who played it. Theyre rigged. They detract from the game. Also Protoss i rigged to hell AND you cant kill intercepters from carriers.

Level 7
lol ive been saying that protoss are rigged on Starcraft ever since i played it but everyone is like no they arnt. lol

Ok i never intended for reavers to attack air units, this must have been a unit edit mistake by me im aware reavers cant attack air so ill fix such a error in the new updates. Unless your talking abouty splash dmg this could also be a mistake with target unit types in the unit editor, and ill look into this as well. Without you telling me this ill never know it exists really as i dont use reavers that much becuz they need to be perfected.

Techqinually speaking my maps are totally converted to Starcraft as there arnt any wc3 units/buildings present in the maps at all, yes the map doesn have every single sc unit/building included yet but i am trying to add all the units in but i need the units made first before i can add them in.

The SC Ghost material i added was my choice and its something i believed would create a new type of Starcraft experience so i will continue to have the SC ghost material present in the maps, becuz its my project not yours. The new material also sets my project apart from the rest, its not going to be another Project Revolution Project, its something different and you can hate it or like it but i love my maps and then they present and new type of look for Starcraft then from its BW 2D spirte look.

I surpose it depends where you play your wc3 online. I mainly play and host my maps on the US West Lordaeon servers and i have a large fan bases of players who regularly play my maps and also look forward to new updates.

The interceptors are still in the trial and error stages of development, at first i had them so fast it was a bit rigged so i tried to slow them down but it might not have been enough. Also when combatting Carriers in sc u always go for the carrier not the interceptors, i have been able to stop a mass carriering toss player on my maps before but it doesnt always work.

4)Neo Lost Temple v2.0, (8)Fastest Possible Map Ever v3.6 are the ones ive played. i noticed a huge bug. Reavers can hit air. Also if your saying 'Total Starcraft Conversion Map' TAKE OUT THE STARCRAFT GHOST UNITS!!! Ive talked to ALOT of people on bnet and i havent met anyone who played it. Theyre rigged. They detract from the game. Also Protoss i rigged to hell AND you cant kill intercepters from carriers.

Level 27
If this game is going to be better then normal SC im sure to play it.. rly my opinion about the original SC is that it quite rocked and at the other hand sucked =/

It was just to hard =/ oldschool hardcore? aint a fan of it ..

I stay keep swearing with magical words if i die in Coduo xD

Level 7
Yes i looked into this a few years back during the maps early stages of development. I found doing the map that way would allow for more conversion yes, but u wouldnt be able to play wc3 without having to uninstall the new sc mpq, which i think, would piss most players off becuz u can only play a certain type of map so much before u get bored of it. I still believe i can achieve my projects aim with the maps in their current form. I may not be able to add every single unit/building but atleast it will be something different and i have learned to adjusted myself tro the maps limited units and slight differences to sc, i probably couldnt play sc anymore becuz the changes are quit significant compared to sc.

Level 7
New Templar Archieves in Development

After 4 years of waiting ive finally got a skilled Modeller in my team and he has alrdy finished the model frame for the new templar archieves. We still need a skinner to skin the model but as u can see it looks perfect and im very pleased and impressed with his work so far:).

Model Forum Discussion
http://forum.moddb.com/thread/20059/

Keep up the great work Mechanical man

Attachments

• smooth.jpg
    smooth.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
Level 7
New Starcraft Campains In Development

Good news guys ive now started working on recreating all the STarcraft campains from the game:). ive posted a forum on the first mission ive started which is for terran but i hope that ill be able to make all of them from both the original and Brood War games as well as the extra missions from blizzard and the nintendo 64.

http://forum.moddb.com/1294/

A release date is unknown as i have never attempted a campain beofre but i will work on it as much as possible so it will be out asap for you guys to enjoy

Ive uploaded a Starcraft version and a wc3 version screenshots so u can see the difference in graphics.

Attachments

• wc3 version Player1 Start.JPG
    wc3 version Player1 Start.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,465
  • SC Starting postions Player1.jpg
    SC Starting postions Player1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 883
Level 7
Boot Camp Campaign Finally Released!!!

After many months of converting and debugging I've finally released my first ever Starcraft campaign map. This first mission is based off the Boot Camp Tutorial from the Starcraft Demo verison game, and teaches players the basics of Starcraft with gathering resources and building basic units. I hope that this new development will bring Starcraft 1.5 3D Conversion Maps Project into new territory with fans and critics alike and give Starcraft new life.

Download Starcraft_Demo_Campaign_Pack_v1.0
http://files.moddb.com/7254/download-starc...mpaign-pack-v1/

For more information about the campaign, as well as a place to discuss what you think of this campaign with other players;
00 Tutorial: Boot Camp (Starcraft Demo) Forum Page:
http://forum.moddb.com/thread/20890/

Attachments

• Vaspene Counter Shot.JPG
    Vaspene Counter Shot.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 2,754
  • Marines scouting cliffs.JPG
    Marines scouting cliffs.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 671
  • Screenshot.JPG
    Screenshot.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 2,135
  • Objectives window.JPG
    Objectives window.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 486
  • Attacking zerg Shot.JPG
    Attacking zerg Shot.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 892
Level 24
lol ive been saying that protoss are rigged on Starcraft ever since i played it but everyone is like no they arnt. lol
they aren't. YAMATO CANNON. NUCLEAR SILO. ZERGLING (lol).

The SC Ghost material i added was my choice and its something i believed would create a new type of Starcraft experience so i will continue to have the SC ghost material present in the maps, becuz its my project not yours.
well said, but you should at least have versions without SC Ghost content. it would take maybe 5 mintues to go and delete everything then save under a diff name?

The new material also sets my project apart from the rest, its not going to be another Project Revolution Project, its something different and you can hate it or like it but i love my maps and then they present and new type of look for Starcraft then from its BW 2D spirte look.
i'm looking forward to project revolution =/

The interceptors are still in the trial and error stages of development, at first i had them so fast it was a bit rigged so i tried to slow them down but it might not have been enough. Also when combatting Carriers in sc u always go for the carrier not the interceptors, i have been able to stop a mass carriering toss player on my maps before but it doesnt always work.
5 words total: YAMATO CANNON.
if you have carriers, you cannot not have BCs (sorry if you do, i haven't played map for maybe 6ish months? i think you were the host, and it was The Hunters terrain. almost no units, not even a hive. ud instant drop ftw!)

btw, the link you posted is broken :(

Level 3
I've been waiting for something like this ever since I found out that there were Starcraft units hidden in Warcraft. I'm anxiously awaiting a finished product.

Are there heroes in this?

Level 3
Well, I just got finished with a several hours long session of playing these maps, and I must say, I am impressed. The units are all almost exactly as they were in the original.

However, we did notice some bugs, and had some ideas, and I'm gonna post'em.

First bug: If a vespene geyser runs out, you can just build a new one over the old spot and it will be full. There should be a way to prevent this; perhaps make vespene geysers not disappear when they get empty? This wouldn't stop players from being able to destroy their own refineries and making more, though.

Second bug: When the Command Center is flying, SCVs can still unload resources to it. This may not be fixable, I'm not experienced enough to know.

First idea: I thought of a way to implement the nuclear weapons, which I suspect you are having trouble with as they aren't currently present. Have the nuclear refinery be a shop, and give the Ghost a single-slot inventory. Make the nuclear missile an item (call it "nuclear beacon or something") and give it a restocking time and cost equal to the nuke in the original game. The item's ability would require channeling and its effects would be the nuclear missile from space.

Second idea: I noticed that the High Templar is absent, and I think that that's because the Protoss are using mana for their shields, instead of having a separate stat number. The only solution I can think to suggest is to give their abilities a longer cool-down time, instead of making them require mana.

Level 7
Lastest Project News/Updates 12-09-07

Hey guys has been a while since i last posted any news on the project as ive been quiet busy working on real life projects (My car) a bit and have slowly been working on new updates. The release of Starcraft 2 has also slowed the project down as it seems more likely most fans will go to Starcraft once its released to the public.

Anyways Even tho its been slow going i have made some outstanding developments with trigger systems and new models/skins. Im very pleased to say a few of the annoying bugs that made ppl turn off this mod are now fixed or gone and i hope will now bring more positive feedback then negative feedback. So far ive completed to maps fully and im trying to finish the rest off asap. Here is the current list of updates for the maps project to date (12-09-07)

Game Interface - Changed Model - Cursor to 'Nightelf(Cursor)' Setting
- Changed 'No Upkeep'/Low Upkeep/High Upkeep text to nothing

Quest - Added Ivo, Shadow1500, Kattana and Mr. Apples names to the Credit Section

Icons - Added new SC 2 Supply (Food) Info Panel Icon
- Added New SC 2 Vespene Gas (Gold) Info Panel Icon
- Added New SC 2 Protoss Plasma Shield Info Panel Icon
- Added New Sc 2 Protoss Load Icon
- Added New SC 2 Terran Build Icon
- Added New SC 2 Terran RepairOn Icon
- Added New SC 2 Terran Harvest Icon
- Added New SC 2 Terran Stimpack Icon

Model - Added New Zerg Hive(Alpha) Model and Skin
- Added New Zerg Larva Model and Skin

Skins - AddedNew SC 2 Protoss Console Skins Added
- AddedNew SC 2 Terran Console Skins Added
- AddedNew SC 2 Cursor Skin Added
- Modified Build Progress Bar Skin Added
- Modified Transport Slot skin Added
- AddedNew SC 2 Tooltip Border Skin Added
- Modified AshenDirt Skin Added
- Modified Zerg Console Skins
- Added New SC 2 Button Skins for Terran & Protoss

Units - Added Additional 'Protoss Nexus (2)' Building in conjunction with New Protoss Shield System Trigger Actions
- Added 'Mechanical' Unit Classification to Protoss Reaver
- Changed all Zerg egg units 'Is a Building' to True and edited their stats
- Added New Creep/Lair/Hive Mutation Building Morphs
- Changed Protoss Assimilator 'Build Time' to 40
- Lurker attack animation has been removed due Lurker trigger no longer activating
- Increased Zerg Zergling unit speed to 330

Abilities - Added New Protoss Shield Ability in conjunction with new Protoss Shield Trigger system
- Added 'Terran Harvest' Ability, so new Terran Harvest Icon would not appear for Protoss & Zerg Players

Trigger - Added New Protoss Shield System
- Moved 'Game Begin' trigger into 'Map Initialisation' Trigger
- Modified Zerg Unit Production Triggers to a Upgrade system
- Added New Building Upgrade Mutation Trigger System for the Zerg Sunken, Spore and Lair Building Upgrades
- Added New 'Gold At Start' Trigger to improve the Mine Built/Destoryed/Updating Trigger systems
- Added New 'Liftdown' Trigger

As you can see alot of 'New SC 2' material has been added to the project which i have obtained through lots of screenshots posted by blizzard on the Starcraft2.com website. Here are the lastest screenshots of the new look SC 1.5 3D TC maps project:)

Attachments

• New Screenshot (Protoss).JPG
    New Screenshot (Protoss).JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 10,138
  • New Terran Screenshot.JPG
    New Terran Screenshot.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 6,618
Level 7
New Map Released (Neo LT v2.1)

Neo Lost Temple v2.1:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/351

After months and months of editing and developing ive finally release the new breed of Starcraft maps which incorpate loads of new material from Starcraft 2. The amount of improvements was so much i had to release this map as a tease for the complete Version 6 maps pack i hope to finish sometime soon.

This map is a classic Lost Temple style map for 4 players. All 3 starcraft races, Trran, Zerg and Protoss to choose from. Gameplay has been converted to simulate Starcraft BW but most of the units have new stats taken from Starcraft 2.

Stay tuned for the new v6 maps pack to be released soon.

More Information here;
http://news.moddb.com/23309/new-map-released-neo-lt-v21/

Attachments

• TvP fight 1 screenshot.JPG
    TvP fight 1 screenshot.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 5,391
  • TvP Fight 2 screenshot.JPG
    TvP Fight 2 screenshot.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 980
  • PvZ Fight 1 Screenshot.JPG
    PvZ Fight 1 Screenshot.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,075
  • TvZ Fight 1 Screenshot.JPG
    TvZ Fight 1 Screenshot.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,646
  • Zerg Egg Build Screenshot.JPG
    Zerg Egg Build Screenshot.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 6,837
Level 24
How can you use SC2 stats for units when SC2 isn't even out yet? It's already unbelievable inaccurate.

Level 7
I acquired all my stats from a Starcraft 2 Fan site.

http://www.sc2armory.com/

I scanned sections of their website and found details of unit stats for the units in both Starcraft 1 and Starcraft 2. I was thinking the same thing that if i added these stats they would inbalance the maps but after comparing the two differences in stats there wasnt much difference, most were just shortened buildtimes. Im guessing this information was gathered from the beta testing at Blizzcon which that demo version of Starcraft was balanced enough to a point.

Level 7
lag issues with new map

unforuntately it seems the new triggers i added into the new neo lost temple map are leaking very badly during gameplay, and causes massive lag issues. I have only just learnt of this problem after publishing the map online.

As a result ive gone back into the rigger coding and have removed all the leaking attributes which should fix the problem. I am also going to clean up any errors or glitches i forgot to fix before releasing the new map.

Ive also got back into editing the Demo Campaign mission further converting the maps into the original Starcraft style skins and icons. Ive also improved the trigger systems to remove glitches from the old one.

Level 7
Quote Eleandor The right side of every UI is cut off...

yeh this has puzzled me also ever since i started importing my own UI Consoles the very far RH side part will not appear in game. I have tried to fix the problem but no matter what i do it will not appear in game. I hope that evenutally ill figure out what is causing the skin to not appear while editing maps in the future but for now no1 can seem to help me fix this problem.

Level 7
Obliviously sheep u havent played Starcraft before. I am no terrain master builder and never will be. Terrain isnt the most important thing for my project at all, regardless of what u say. I think adding as many sc models and skins as possible is way more important. I will sayt though i did try yesterday to add a Starcraft tilset to my maps but it came out worst then the wc3 tilsets i already use so unless u can create a perfect style set to backup ur comment you can just sit there and request all u want.

The UI i can fix either unless one of u want to take my UI part that wont appear and fix it for me i cant fix it. Its one thing to request improvements its another to actually make the improvement. I didnt just put this project together overnight. So i dont think negative request such as make a better terrain is going to help me at all.

Id also like to add i dont play wc3 at all the amount of dodads are way to much its like ur playing a map of trees or something. I never liked wc3 too boring for my tastes.

Level 25
We're providing negative feedback to help you improve. Sure, your project SO FAR looks good, but it needs a lot of improvement. We don't mean to be harmful for what we say, we just want to help you make this be better than it already is. Don't give up.

And speaking of not giving up, don't give up on the terrain. Sure StarCraft has crappy terrain, but why not try to make the terrain better in WarCraft since you can! You are very limited when it comes to making terrain in StarCraft, but when terraining in WarCraft, it is so much better and such an immense variation of what you can do!
~Craka_J

Level 7
Starcraft 1,5 3D TC Maps Project Latest News (28.12.07)

Just thought id post the latest project news coming from Starcraft 1.5

NEWS: Mod Of The Week for Egames.de Website

http://www.moddb.com/mods/6470/star...ws/25294/mod-of-the-week-for-egamesde-website

My project has been voted 'Mod Of The Week' on the gaming website Egames.de. Hopefully this achievement will promote my project to a wider audiance and help make it more popular within the warcraft III gaming community.

http://www.egames.de/index.php?ren=...401&page=1&news_vote=5&cat_id=9&user_id=95671

Egames.de is a german based gaming website with articles on all things game related. They have news on up an coming games as well as video clips of gaming tournament from around the world.

http://www.egames.de

A couple of weeks ago i got an email from egames.de, stating my maps project had been voted 'Mod of the Week' and they requested an interview with me for an article about my project that they were going to post on their site. For me this is a big achievement for my project, as it has constantly been compared to Project Revolution so many times, this time my project got the recongistion it deserves all by itself. I also created a small video clip of my Boot Camp map for the artilce to help showcase what my project is all about.

Here are the interview questions and answers they asked me;

http://www.egames.de/index.php?ren=news_detail&news_id=82401&page=2

DOWNLOADS: Boot Camp Campaign Video

http://www.moddb.com/mods/6470/star...-maps/downloads/9553/boot-camp-campaign-video

Here is the first offical video clip trailer for my Starcraft project. This clip contains footage of the new improvements ive made to the Boot Camp Map, which i hope to release in early 2008.

Unfortunately the Boot Camp map is very short and basic in terms of gameplay. There isnt any action scenes present either, but when im able to create the other campaign maps, more complex gameplay will occur in these types of maps.

I hope you enjoyed my little video.

Other then that ive gained the means to edit models, but only basic stuff and ive been adding in camera points and attachments to improve the maps gameplay look during battles alot more with these new improved models. Ive also been working on improving the maps again as the neo Lost temple map had the big lag issues. Im also working on doing another campaign map if i can as well.

Level 7
Maps Pack v6 Gameplay Video

With the project Homepage making its 100th 'Watched Member' today, I've decided to give everyone a present for all their continual support and interest in my Starcraft project. The video clip is from very early testing of the new map updates I've been working on the past 6 months. A slight problem with game lag has come up for the protoss race and the usual glitches I've yet to fix are still present but other then that the maps are balanced and exciting to play.

Testing will continue for a few days and hopefully i can fix the lag problems soon so i can make the rest of the map set and release the new updates as soon as possible for everyone.

Check out the new video here;

http://www.moddb.com/mods/6470/starcraft-15-3d-conversion-maps/videos

Level 7
Maps Pack v6 News (11.02.08)

Its been a month since the last news update and i promised myself to post another batch of news the following month. So the good news is, the new map versions are in the final stages of development. With the months and months of work updating/developing and bug fixing from the version maps pack v5 ive finally completed the next set of updates and have already update all 9 sc maps. Ive also began making new maps to increase the amount of map variety for the project.

At this stage ive complete an extra 4 new maps and am now deciding on if any more new maps should be made. New maps round from Blood Bath, 4v4 Zero Clutter, 2v2 Zero Clutter and a 6 player Lost Temple map. But im considering other original sc maps to add to this maps pack.

A new units pack wont come out for a few more weeks as im rushing to get the new maps pack out asap for everyone. But The new units pack will have all the new and improved models/skins plus all the sc 2 material ive added to the new map versions.

To finsih this news batch off, ive obtained some new ingame screenshots which were taken during final beta testing. Ive had to make a few little changes with terrain and some minor bugs but other then that this is the new look to expect in the new map versions.

Enjoy

screenshot_1.jpg

screenshot_2.jpg

screenshot_3.jpg

screenshot_4.jpg

Level 7
Maps Pack v6 Released To The Public

In November 2006 i released my maps pack version 5 to the world and since then thousands of people have downloaded and played my maps project from across the globe. It has taken me one year to bring the next installment for the Starcraft 1.5 Project. The maps pack version 6 will bring the absolute best quality maps that I have ever made and i have worked so hard to push my maps to the absolute limits and finally i have completed what should be the most amazing and unqiue Starcraft game anyone has ever seen.

The maps pack v6 will bring the lastest in Starcraft 2 graphics and gameplay to the project. Unit and building information and stats have been altered to match that of current Starcraft 2 settings. A range of new Starcraft 2 style Icons and new modified consoles from Starcraft 2 have enhanced the look of the new maps during gameplay. Model developments have created spectacular visual enhancements for ingame battle scenes and on top of all this the maps themselves have been given a much needed facelift.

screenshot_5.jpg

NEW MAPS

To start off, 4 brand new maps were created for the release of the new maps pack. These maps i had always wanted to make after the release of the maps pack v5 but with the release of Starcraft 2, i decided to postpone new map development and focus on learning more about the new sc game. The four new maps included are;

(6) Lost Temple
6 player Lost Temple map using the left hand and right hand corner expansions as new starting locations. Was quite popluar when first released on Starcraft bnet servers.

(4) 2v2 Zero Clutter
Another Zero Clutter map but this time its a 2v2 map.

(4) Blood Bath
Was one of my favoruite classic Starcraft maps back when i use to play. I entended to add this map with the first maps pack back in 2004 but due to the map being quite difficult to make at the time i left it for another day.

(8) 4v4 Zero Clutter
The new 4v4 player Zero Clutter map is rarely seen on Starcraft bnets servers due to lack of player interests but when a game is hosted its quite an exciting map to play so i figured why not transfer this excitment to my project.

The rest of the 9 original Starcraft 1.5 maps from the previous maps pack v5 have all been updated alot. Nearly all the new maps have new terrain layouts and textures. This was made to help increase customisation and keep the maps developing further. It also enhances the look of the maps too.

BUG FIXING

Regular bug fixing was also made but the maps still have some bugs that can be used to playerss advantage to some degree. To counter act this I've changed the damage system in the maps to that of Starcraft 2. Basically what they means is from now on all units do normal damage and no more negative damage bonus will occur (eg. tanks now do 70 points damage to all ground units in siege mode etc). Blizzard introduced this new system into Starcraft 2 to make it less confusing for players during battle scenes and i believed it would help balance my maps out from the previous versions with regards to protoss uberness and tank ownage. The only units that gained any increases in bonus damage was units that did concussive damage such as the Firebat, Vulture and Vindicator. They will do an +10 vs Light(small) units, such as marines/workers etc.

NEW MODELS AND SKINS

The old wc3 DuneWorm Model has been replaced by a custom made Zerg Larva Model

A Zerg Hive Model was also added to the project though it is an Alpha Model at the moment.

Zerg_Hive.jpg

The Zerg Lurker model has been upgraded with new team colour tectures.

Zerg_Lurker.1.jpg

UNIT DEVELOPMENTS

The Terran Command Center has been given a new Load ability to allow for SCV's to be loaded for effective base redeployment in the new maps. Was introduced by Blizzard in SC 2

The Terran Siege Tank has been upgraded in the new maps, it's attack animation has changed and now creates an expolsion bloomat the base of enemy units when attacking. This was done to help ehance gameplay animation and help terran players know what they are attacking alot more easierly then previous version. To keep the tank from becoming overpowered, the new attack animation has removed Splash damage bonus from the tanks attack and the tank can now only hit single targets at a time.

The Terran Marine has been given the new Comabt Shield upgrade from Starcraft 2 though no shield appears during gameplay the upgrade does increases the marines max health points by 15.

The Terran Firebat has been upgraded and moved to the Factory. This was done by blizzard during Starcraft 2 alpha testing and the Friebat was eventually given the chop in SC 2. This upgraded firebat now has more HP, more Armor and more Damage making it now a tier 2 unit.

GAMEPLAY DEVELOPMENTS

There have been quite a few gameplay developing done as well. Most of the changes where set to that of current Starcraft 2 settings but majority of the changes where decreased build times for most of the upgrades and unit specifications like HP, Armor etc where also altered. As stated eariler a new damage bonus system has now changed how units fight on the battlefield but should still keep the gameplay balanced and make players become more creative and inventive when choosing tactics and strategies during a match.

Hive Map Single Map Downloads:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/?order_field=time_update&order=desc&search=starcraft

Download Maps Pack v6 Now:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/6470/starcraft-15-3d-conversion-maps/addons/10058/maps-pack-version-6

Status
Not open for further replies.