• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Splash Tag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Splash Tag

I always liked Kodo Tag and Tree Tag since the RoC days. Now it is time for a new tag - Splash Tag.

This map is made from scratch by me.

Islanders
stheroes.png

The islanders from left to right: Lotta Hurtz the Naga Brute, Munch Branchswinger the Jungle Hunter, and Shrob-Shish the Mad Mur'gul.

The chasers (Islanders) are player-controlled heroes with differing look, skill set, and stats. Presently, their are three such heroes but I may add a forth. Two of the three heroes can travel on water as well as land giving them an advantage over the Runners. The third has abilities which give it more maneuverability. Their goal is to capture/kill all the runners.

The object of the Naga Brute is to cause as much devastation as possible. Abilities are Shockwave, Slam, Cleaving Attack, and Earthquake. Strength-based hero. Can swim.

The object of the Jungle Hunter is to seek out and hunt down enemy Runners. Abilities are Wind Walk, Blink, Mirror Image, and Locate which reveals the locations of all Runners on the map. Agility-based hero. Cannot swim.

The object of the Mad Mur'gul is to incapacitate the enemy forces. Abilities are Dispel Magic, Far Sight, HEXagon*, and Force of Nature. Intelligence-based hero. Can swim.

*HEXagon works like Hex; except up to six units can be affected by the spell in a small area.

Runners
strunner.png

The Runner in front of three of his buildings. Buildings are from left to right: Box, Storage House, and Stun Tower.

Runners are one-hit one-kills. If they are killed, all units owned by that player die and a flag is placed in the center of the map. When a player reaches the center, the flags are removed and the runners are replaced at set random locations on the map. Runners cannot travel over water. They posses the following abilities with (numbers in blue represent mana cost):

• Summon Lumber Drop-Off Point (50) - Summons a ward which lumber can be returned to.
  • Summon Sailboat (100) - A sailboat for traveling over water.
  • Statis Trap (100) - Like the Witch Doctor's in a melee map.
  • Restore - Same as melee game.
  • Meditate - Channels for ten seconds to recover full mana. Fails if the channeling is interrupted. Has a thirty second cooldown.
  • Harvest Lumber - Harvests up to 20 lumber from trees and returns it to the nearest Drop-Off or Storage House

Additionally, Runners have the Resistant Skin and Shadowmeld abilities but they are hidden to leave room for the above abilities.

Runners can also Summon Buildings. Buildings have various functions such as blocking enemy Islanders, training units to defend the runner, increasing gold income, attack enemy Islanders, etc. Current buildings include:

• Box - The most basic building. It's purpose is to block enemy islanders. Best of all it is free and builds in five seconds.
  • Reinforced Box - Essentially an upgraded box. It has more hit points and better armor.
  • Stun Tower - Alone, these will not kill off enemy islanders but they can slow them down having the Bash ability.
  • Storage House - Increases you income and provides a drop-off for lumber.
  • Training Camp - trains various units to fight against the Islanders.
  • More to come.

Resources
Runners harvest lumber of trees. Gold is provided through income which is increased by building specific structures. Resources are spent on building and units.

Islanders obtain gold and experience by killing enemy creeps. Gold is also provided through income (?). Gold is used to buy items. Experience is for leveling up.

Terrain
Terrain (image at bottom) is mostly symmetrical but provides plenty of places to build a base, hide, and run away. I say mostly because the norther part contains an island full of creeps intended for heroes to kill to level up.

Neutral Buildings
To the north is an item shop, the south a Fountain of Life, and the East and West are Waygates which lead to one another. There is also a twist - Waygates can be disabled through an ability they have which can be used when a unit is nearby. This will prevent them from being used for five seconds. A Runner can take advantage of this to ditch his enemies.

Object of the Game
  • Runners: Survive until time runs out.
  • Islanders: Capture all enemy Runners

Attachments

• ST_Terrain.PNG
    ST_Terrain.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 240
Last edited:
Level 7
Thanks for the support! There's been some more info put down in my original post.

@Dragonson: Don't worry; I will be posting more soon enough.

@Zack1996: Suggestion taken. I improved the capability of the Mad Mur'gul's Hex and renamed it 'HEXagon'. I am also considering replacing one of the Naga Brute's abilities with a more unique trigger-enhanced one.

Level 15
*shamelessly points to spellpack which includes 5 water spells*
Anyway, maybe he should have an ability that works better on water than on land. Perhaps Slam could "trigger twice" in water. ie. If cast on land, some explosion appears and does whatever it does. In water, it creates then explosion and some smaller explosions that are further away from the hero. This effectively increases the AoE and causes unfortunate units to be hit ~3 times (1 from main hit, 2 from side hits maybe)

PS: What's the Statis Trap thing the worker has?

Status
Not open for further replies.