• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Simple Seasons ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Simple Seasons ORPG is a map in development. This is partially my dev log and idea board. Follow this thread if you're interested. I'm not too worried about what others have done in the past -- but if you think I should check out some neat source code, post links to maps in this thread.

dev log:

Code:
2015-11-30
---
This is the first time I've manipulated environment with triggers.
For this reason, I just discovered that I can simply manipulate
the land using offset. This would be much quicker than how I
first imagined it. Therefore I've stopped making certain progress
on the first project. Since I have a lot of homework to attend to
I might not be able to focus on this just yet. Updates will return
as soon as I can.

2015-11-29
---
- I created the x graph all positive numbers
- Each line consists of 2 boxes
- Created a GitHub project
- Hours spent .5

2015-11-28
---
- I created a large map today. 256x256
- I created several regions that work in a box arrangement. west | south | east | north
- I created north and south regions split by a center region.
- These regions will be arranged to separate races.
- I intend to have PVP along with dungeon-like leveling.
- Each game will be different. There will be 10 "worlds" depending on the ratio of heroes to levels. I have yet to figure out this algorithm mathematically -- yet it should work simply like this: for every hero lvl 10 <= 1 add 1 point to world spec 1, pick all heroes in play groups 1-12, if any hero is lvl 10, then add 1 point world spec 2, for every hero lvl 20 <= 11 add 1 point to world spec 2, etc. Depending on what spec scores highest, the game will generate that map. 
- Maps are created with regions -- including their own lore. 
- Time / Month creates specific events in those regions, allowing for maximum amount of customization.
- Each zone will have its own "safe" town where heroes will rez and may be captured in certain game modes
- Players choose game modes at start of game -- allowing for PvE and PvP worlds. 
- Considering disabling "all" speak
- Worlds will follow Wc3 lore for simplicity

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.