• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] The Shadow of Falconreach (TSOF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm working on a map called the Shadow of Falconrech. As of now I'll probably be more active on the Warcraft 3 Campaigns forum, but I'll have a thread here too. If you want to read the other thread, I have a link here.

General info:
Map author(s): Me (CyberWing89)
Team:
-CyberWing89 - Project lead, everything else too.

Map info:
Map type: RPG
Players: Probably SP (migt get too big for MP), not sure yet.
World type: Open-world
Map size: 224x160
Tileset: Lordearon Summer (Modified)

Media:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Misc.:
I only have RoC, planning on getting TFT when I complete the campaign.
I'd appreciate any feedback! Thanx!:smile:

Attachments

• 2014-03-11_00012.jpg
    2014-03-11_00012.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 373
  • 2014-03-11_00004.jpg
    2014-03-11_00004.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 389
  • 2014-03-11_00008.jpg
    2014-03-11_00008.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 426
  • FalconwingOverviewWithRoads.JPG
    FalconwingOverviewWithRoads.JPG
    796.5 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:
Level 14
Attach the screenshots to your post, dont link them from wc3c (users have to be logged in at wc3c to view them).

Dont make the map singleplayer.
1. Its not something you can decide later as this decision has a huge impact on the gameplay
2. Multiplayer maps are in general more fun to play than singleplayer maps, simply because you have other players which influence the game instead of a rather stupid ai.

Level 1
Attach the screenshots to your post, dont link them from wc3c (users have to be logged in at wc3c to view them).

Dont make the map singleplayer.
1. Its not something you can decide later as this decision has a huge impact on the gameplay
2. Multiplayer maps are in general more fun to play than singleplayer maps, simply because you have other players which influence the game instead of a rather stupid ai.

Ok, I'll fix the screenshots when I have time.

About the multiplayer, the map was first designed for 1-4 players, but the file size got in the way, at least for LAN, and the map isn't even half finished and I don't have any imports yet, (exept for one music file). It's a big project, so I don't know if it'll be playable on multiplayer. (I don't know if there are any limits on bnet, otherwise it could be playable multiplayer that way.)

The map is based on PvE, and would be mostly the same for SP and MP, but you'll be able to do some PvP as long as there is a way to play it multiplayer.

Level 1
So compress textures or remove some imports. But dont screw over the whole map by turning it into singleplayer..

If this is a huge project then you should invest some time into solving the file size problem.

This has been discussed here. The problem is that the file is about 12,1MB (last I checked, and I don't have any imports as stated earlier) and the map is still in early stages, so I actually don't know how to reduce the filesize by 4MB while adding content without making the map lack too much in gameplay. :confused:

Level 1
Status
Not open for further replies.