• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

~ A Goblin's tale ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
i like the reputation idea hope this will be much fun ! There are some things you might can improve in the terrain i will send you a pn about that.

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator
Level 11
The idea sounds very good.
I have always loved two-sided quests, and I'll really be looking forewards to your reputation system. From what I can see in the screenshots, the terrain is beautiful, with good usage of custom doodads.
There isn't too much for me to comment on, but I support you PROXY!

Level 9
haha, good to see you're still in business, bro

you might remember me, worked togheter on a scarlet crusade project some time ago

good luck & waiting for beta :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Hey man, are you still working on this? I'm really looking forward to it.

Level 51
There are no news coming. I'm sad to say, but this project is canceled. I thought it would be a short project, but it just got to a point whre I say I've overtaken myself again.
It seems to be, my skills are not enough to create an authentic and "good" to play RPG. At least not in the complicated way I've planned A Goblin's Tale to be. The gameplay that is done to this point, just didn't feel right and I couldn't do anything to make it somehow more entertaining. To really create a good and entertaining RPG, alonely filling the terrain I've created (which is the part most done) with quests would take me too long, and I've got no motivation to do that.
As I said, I'm really sad to announce the ending of this project and I'd like to thank all supporters and people who helped me. It sure helped me improve my mapping skills quite a bit and I've learned many new things, triggering/terraining and modelling wise.
A big part of the problem might also be, that my mind always pumps out new ideas and always finds new inspiration somewhere to create this and that. Sometime I love that idea in the first moment and after I've done it... meh, what am I even doing? My always switching mood and motivation might even be the main problem...

---

HOWEVER...
I'm working on something new, a new project. I'll create a thread for it soon, so stay tuned.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
I wouldn't mind working on the map especially the terraining bit could I please take control of the map seeing it is no longer in development?

Level 14
There are no news coming. I'm sad to say, but this project is canceled. I thought it would be a short project, but it just got to a point whre I say I've overtaken myself again.
It seems to be, my skills are not enough to create an authentic and "good" to play RPG. At least not in the complicated way I've planned A Goblin's Tale to be. The gameplay that is done to this point, just didn't feel right and I couldn't do anything to make it somehow more entertaining. To really create a good and entertaining RPG, alonely filling the terrain I've created (which is the part most done) with quests would take me too long, and I've got no motivation to do that.
As I said, I'm really sad to announce the ending of this project and I'd like to thank all supporters and people who helped me. It sure helped me improve my mapping skills quite a bit and I've learned many new things, triggering/terraining and modelling wise.
A big part of the problem might also be, that my mind always pumps out new ideas and always finds new inspiration somewhere to create this and that. Sometime I love that idea in the first moment and after I've done it... meh, what am I even doing? My always switching mood and motivation might even be the main problem...

---

HOWEVER...
I'm working on something new, a new project. I'll create a thread for it soon, so stay tuned.

Hello PROXY,

Sad to hear about this project being canceled. I remember it was one of the most anticipated projects on THW.

When it comes to terraining, I really feel for you. There are so few people willing to do actual terrain. Terraining is one of the more time consuming aspects of any map but at the same time, a very important aspect. A good terrain can make the difference between a good looking map and a bad looking one. It's also a lot of trial and error in becoming a good terrainer. The most complex thing is that the terrain must look good, but also be practical for gameplay. I think most projects stopped due to lack of people who would terrain rather than anything else.

Anyhow, good luck in your next project, I hope to hear something about it soon :piru:

Status
Not open for further replies.