• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

~ A Goblin's tale ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 51
A Goblin's tale

title.jpg

CANCELED

[r]
A Goblin's Tale needs a triggerer

A Goblin's Tale is a Singleplayer RPG, which is about 1 hour long. It's short, but innovative, keeping the main gameplay elements of the typical Wc3-RPG you're used to but adds a few clever features and remarkable other things, which you will certainly enjoy.
[r]

story.jpg

[r]I t is told, that our heroine, Pyrix Hellfire, was once the daughter of a mighty tradeprince. She could have got everything she wanted, gold, lovers, everything.
But Pyrix didn't want to become that stereotype of a goblin woman. She wanted to explore the world, hunt down mighty creatures and earn gold for her self.

Secretly, she hired a bountyhunter to train her and so she became one of them; Hiding it from her father, who wanted her to become his follower. When he came after the secret
plans of his daughter, the tradeprince wanted to arrest Pyrix and beat
the ideas of freedom and idiocrazy out of her. Pyrix was able to escape, and from that day on, she travelled around the seven seas, fighting and working hard for her daily bread.

One day, when she was about to cross the great
sea on an ogre pirate's boat, a storm hit them and they shipwrecked on a land unkown.
When entering it, she stumbled into a true... Goblin's Tale.

9.png Hero.PNG 7.png
[r]

gameplay.jpg

[r]T he gameplay is fast paced and is going to be a mix of hack'n slay and the standard wc3 combat. There are douzends of items to be found and iquired, hard bosses to battle, quests to fullfill, secrets to be uncovered and much more.

Gems: Gems can be found all around the world, at mighty bosses, hidden in the wild, or through quests. Gems will be the the replacement for wood, and with gems (and a huge amount of gold) you can craft/buy the most epic items.

Partly-enterable houses: Many houses/dungeons will be enterable. In the city and towns most likely important ones like the barracks or the warehouse. They'll be seperated areas. But there are also going to be houses and buildings in the wild, which will be enterable directly --> animation which puts the roof away, making it able to see inside.

Intense Quest-Lines: The quests are the main point of the gameplay. You finish quests in order to gain XP and aquire new armor and weapons. There often will be multiple decisions in a quest line, leading to different ends and rewards. But it could also effect other people, making them react unfriendly, hostile or even denieing whole questlines to be made. So make up your mind before making a choice!

24.PNG 14.PNG 17.PNG
[r]

quests.jpg

[r]I n her adventure, Pyrix faces various quests to complete. Simple collecting and killing quests but also riddles, ethical decisions,
multiple decision possibilities and much more.

Example: A guard is complaining about a witch, which resides in the forest nearby.
You can decide now, do you want to kill her and bring the guard her head, giving you an extra Bonus from the guard, or do you keep her alive, telling
the guard only that she agreed to leave the forest, giving you the normal reward from the guard + the witch will sell you recipes for potions.

This is just an example, there are many of this kind of quests to be found.

15.PNG 16.PNGTavern.PNG
[r]

screenshots.jpg

[r]
11.PNG 21.PNG22.PNGent.PNGMerchant.PNG 18.PNGghost.PNG
[r]

video.jpg

[r]
Soon.
[r]

Feedback/ideas and critics are always welcome! A demo is already incoming!

Last edited:
Level 51
This sounds interesting and new. The main aspect doesn't seem to be a battle between forces like in most of games. I like short maps. Good luck with it, PROXY!

That's true. Haha, jeah I too ;)

Sounds good.

Are there going to be vehicles?

Thanks.

Well, I haven't planned yet, I though about giving Pyrix a mount like a felstalker or something, but otherwise. Ships might also come into the game, but that are just ideas.

Level 31
Terrain yet may seem to be rather empty, but that makes it look natural. Check various picture of shore photos, for example, it is so empty, sand only and some trees. Doodad overload is not necessary in my opinion, this way it looks more natural.

Level 51
I really like what you've done with the gnoll area and the surrounding grassland.

For the murloc area, I feel some of the rocks look too alike. Use more rotation, scaling, and small changes in tinting colour. Maybe drop a few bushes on the rocks.

Thank you. I'll try to add a bit more variaton to the rocks, so sad that there are not more variations of the model itself avaiable. :/

Terrain yet may seem to be rather empty, but that makes it look natural. Check various picture of shore photos, for example, it is so empty, sand only and some trees. Doodad overload is not necessary in my opinion, this way it looks more natural.

That was the purpose after all. Didn't seem right to me to fill the whole terrain up, but to find a nice middle point, not too few like the original wc3-terrains but not to much like in other maps.
Beside, the areas shown are only the small start-location, and in that small grassland and on the shores are not much to add. In the town later on, and in the surrounding forests will be more variation, doodads, and and and! :)

Level 25
Use more rotation, scaling, and small changes in tinting colour.

The poor man's way to make variations.

IMO it might look better if you delete the doodad rocks and paint a rock terrain texture over it, then use the terrain noise tool, then spot a few rocks here and there, reducing their height to about halfway into the ground.

A few well-placed river rushes can also do amazing things for a rock face.

EDIT: Arathi Rock gave me another idea - use Gold Mine as a doodad, except of course with only the rock area present. Covers a relatively large area, looks natural.

Level 51
The poor man's way to make variations.

IMO it might look better if you delete the doodad rocks and paint a rock terrain texture over it, then use the terrain noise tool, then spot a few rocks here and there, reducing their height to about halfway into the ground.

A few well-placed river rushes can also do amazing things for a rock face.

EDIT: Arathi Rock gave me another idea - use Gold Mine as a doodad, except of course with only the rock area present. Covers a relatively large area, looks natural.

I'm already working on the variation on the rocks, but you won't see much of them anyway, as you are in normal wc3 perspektive, where they look quite normal.

I don't like that idea, I've done that myself earlier in other maps and I just didn't like the way it looked, I'm quite happy with this :)

You can change the texture PROXY with the texture of the other rock :{P

Hmm, you got a point. :3

I'll see what I can do ;)

Level 51
Nice project I like it, feel free to PM if you need any kind of triggering help :)

Glad you like it :)

Hmm.. How about ...
Good Reputation​
  1. Camel
  2. Horse
  3. Pack Horse
  4. Unicorn (FTW!)
  5. Pegasus
Bad Reputation​
  1. Bear
  2. Wolf
  3. Fel Stalker
  4. Tiger

Uh, that's quite hard to implent with all these models ^_^ Well we'll see, I'll focus on other things first ;)

Level 12
Hey, yer project looks like a lot of fun. I love singleplayer RPGs, and short ones are even better because I have enough patience to get to the end.
I really like your idea of having the quests have options. I've tried to implement that in my maps quite a bit, it adds replay value and makes it feel like you have control over the storyline.
I'd love to playtest it when it comes out!

Level 3
Thanks guys. I'm making the goblin models i need by myself.

I finally got time for it again and terrain is going very well. screenshots coming soon.
Iv'e saw the goblin pack :ogre_love:.
Nice job ..hands look wierd maybe you can make them feel more natrual (Once you finish the map OFC ;) )

1st pic: Add some more ruins and some bones around it, and try to make it look more ruin-ish to give the abandoned feel. Otherwise looks pretty good!

2nd pic: Pretty nice, i don't have much to say about it. Maybe adding some junk or weapons around?
Btw are Goblins being mutated into Gnolls? :D

Love the terrain, high quality AND warcraft art style. I'm frankly sick of gaias retaliation terrain clones.

I would say make no classes, and go elder scrolls style! Let the hero cast spells, summon pets, use rage etc. etc. It is much more fun imo and much more realistic than 'oh ur a magician so u cant pick up this sword for some reason'.

Level 20
looks like a pretty good project, subscribed!

EDIT:
Seeing the triggering standards you asked for seems easy and I'm offering to help with triggers BUT I don't want to be the actual GUIer, I could be something like temporary GUIer until you find somebody else.

I mostly want to do small triggers and MUI spells(depends on how hard i find the spell to be) but I can pretty much help trigger anything you need.

EDIT 2:
Found a typo on the Map Description

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.