• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DoC - Starting Mapping Team

Do you like the idea, and would you be willing to help work on it?

• Meh, Its an okay idea, I'd consider working on it, but I probably wont.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
DoC- Depths of Chernobyl

Introduction-
Currently I'm at a stand still for a project called DoC. Which stands for 'Depths of Chernobyl' most of the terrain is finished, it does need touch ups, and a few fixes, but that is not the issue.

Story-
Basically It is a map that has elements of the Parasite Series. The year is 2178, and since the incident of the Chernobyl Explosion in 1987 Quarentine has been established, and kept in quarentine since. You and others have been living in the town since. It has been hell, radiation covers the land, and for awhile now you've seen shadows in the night. You have experienced some mutations, some helpful, many harmful, but someone in the town has become extremely mutated. You are not sure who it is, their clothing covers the Lumps and disfigurements. There are only 12 humans who yet survive within the quarentine, you don't spend alot of time around these people. There is constant fear of cannibalism, survival instincts can kick in, and if they must, they will kill you. The town has still managed to keep a power supply, and contains a few still standing buildings in the ruins of the city, and the outlying plains. Most of the electricty has gone to lighting or the elevators in the two buildings that have them. Your goal? Survive, at any cost. (Of course I can't tell you the whole story because no one likes a major spoiler...)

Maps Details-
The map will cover the actual 18 mile in all directions quarentine that was established. It will contain approximitly 4 buildings in the city, and contain a power plant. There are a few huts still out in the plain. All buildings that are available, are accessable. One player is this mutated figure, his mutations are all positive, for each kill he recieves he drinks mutated blood, it will infect him further. He will become more powerful, but he may inherit a few bad traits that the player killed had. However all players have some traits to them, nothing to out-there. But here's a few:

Positive- faster running speed, stronger bones, faster reflexes, stronger muscles, stronger sight.
Negative- Disentigrating Bones, Deteriorating Muscles, Slow reaction time, impaired vision, sickness.

So what is the difference between this and the Parasite Series?-
This game is more open ended, and does not have as much contact with other players, your goal is to survive, not to hunt. Technology is not highly advanced, there are traces of technology that have been left behind by troops over time. You don't really know how old they are however. Radiation is a factor in this game, you don't want to much or you could suffer major mutations, most of which are not for the better. You can base in this game, you can scavenge, you can hunt, you can run, you can hide, you can stock supplies. Items are less available. It also has a unique ending (which I am obviously not going to get into for the sake of not spoiling a game that hasn't even been finished yet). It is obviously not in space, it takes place within Chernobyl, Ukraine. There will be enterable/exitable vehicles, but they are not always practical. For instance, you can't decide your suddenly a trasnformer in this area that has been quarentined for over a hundred years. It will be vehicles like a bulldozer, not entirelly sure what speciailty vehicles to use. The major difference? You need to eat in order to survive, but eating does not affect your health, only medicine will.

Are there any animals?-
Yes, some maintain normality, but some are mutated, you have to eat, and if you have no other option and cannot find stored food, this your option. You may recieve radiation from eating it though.

What/Who I need-
I need some people with trigger knowledge, as well as someone who is willing to fiddle with stats (I have a general idea how I could balance, but I need someone with the know-how and the can-do). Could also use some ideas for suits, weapons, abilities, or cool things for specific players. If someone realllly wanted to be cool, I could also use some models :xxd:

Things I will still being doing-
I will be editing the terrain, updating it, and so on. Pretty much...terrain, terrain, terrain.

SCREENSHOTS FINALLY ADDED

doc3_comparison.png

This is a comparison of the actual 18 mile area that was quarentined, and here is it's comparison with fully viewed map. Left area shows the wilderness and city and power plant, the right side shows inside of buildings. Currently there are nothing in the buildings :)

doc1.png

A closer look at the city.

doc2.png

Terrain-75% (Main Priority will be Wilderness for awhile)
Coding-0%
Spells-0%
Units-0%
Concept-85%

I'll explain more later, let me know if you want to join the team.

Last edited:
Level 3
Hey! Nice Idea there...but i have found better buildings if you are interested...i'am not the author of those skins but we are aloud to use them!

If you want i would like to help you with your map...if you are still needing someone!

Level 3
Id like to help im not good at coding or triggers (yet) but im willing to pitch some ideas
How about add radation system It is where all the players(except the hunter)radation is leveled for example 1 minute he gets 3 points of rad 2 min 5 rad 3 min 9 always increasing and if it reaches 100 that person dies and the only way to stop it is to add a Injection kind of medicine that will reduce the radation level but temporary of course then it start to go up again.

Again excellent ideals and terrain job from what I see. I recently posted on your SC2 Alien theme forum. I'm also interested in this one.
As I stated in the other post, you can easily reach me by my instant live messenger,
[email protected]
Feel free to add me and chat me up, or email me if you don't have an IM. I don't use THW as much as I'd like to.

I have a lot of trigger experience. I can't say I'm a grand master, and I don't know Jass, but I tend to use a lot more practical things. I have made a few maps in my time, only a few ever posted on THW.

Looking forward to chatting with you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.