• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Starcraft = New Races

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So it seems the Starcraft 2 story is coming to an end (I haven't played the last 2 games till the end yet so I'm not completely sure what's coming)

So here is my own spin - Note: This is only my idea... I'm not saying we HAVE to implement this or that it's brilliant... I'm only saying its an idea :)

The Protoss are well known for their warping capabilities and they seem to be working with inter-dimensional travel so what if we had the Protoss realise that the only way for life to continue was in another dimension? A Parallel universe of the current one.

In which case we would have 3 completely new races with minor resemblances to the current races.

Lore will be added in future! Feel free to add your opinions/ideas

Names for races are also just quick stuff I thought of...
Races:
- Apex (Terran Parallel)
- Floria (Zerg Parallel)
- Aqia (Protoss Parallel)

The following ideas revolve around creating a NEW starcraft with NEW races, keeping some of the old mechanics... I tried adding a completely new mechanic for each race...

I also want to look into making a day/night cycle which would benefit the teams in the following ways:

-Day:
Apex have better vision, more energy etc.
Floria can use Photosynthesis and increase productivity
Fanatics can have a tidal system, with their tides rising according to the day/night cycle

-Night:
Apex aren't seen from afar? (blend in)
Floria are tankier (plants close up at night)
Fanatics tides could rise at night (moon)

Apex:

Basic idea:
- Ape like race of humanoids (devolved humans), decent tech but they never abandoned their primal ways (Have to mark their territory or something and then they could be stronger within their hunting grounds?). The Apex have hyper evolved minds which allowed them to develop weapons that harness the terrain around them as a weapon, while some of them still prefer to use more basic weapons like large boulders.

My Opinion:
This race will have their new mechanics revolving around living in a herd/pack and territories... Idk need to put some time into this one...

Floria

Basic idea:
- Plant race that operate as one living parasitic organism, structures work with a root system to grant them power. Able to create units anywhere their root system has managed to burrow. The Floria don't use high-tech weapons or machines but instead overpower foes using the power of the sun and massive armies of Parasitic monstrosities.

My Opinion:
Ecosystem simulator 2015 anyone? I think you could have some really cool mechanics with the Floria using different resources and having to balance your plants to keep the system in check. Idk , just an idea.

Aqia

Basic idea:
- Mysterious race of amphibious monks that have only one mission: To cleanse the galaxy through flood.
After thousands of years of meditation these Fanatics have gained control of a precious resource that allows them to utilize water as a deadly weapon. The Fanatics "cleanse" planets using their earth manipulating machine that is feared by the other races. Their biggest weakness is that they cannot build without water and thus have to flood areas using small "flood gates" (pylons)

My Opinion:
So I'd like to see the Fanatics as a race who know how to use water in such a way that they seem to be using magic, kinda like the protoss, but yet are only using an extremely advanced technology. I think you could have some cool mechanics with the water levels being able to rise for a short time as defence or there being a tide system that could somehow benefit them... Idk just an idea

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
There already is a parallel Terran race, the United Earth Directorate (UED). They are considerably more advanced than the Terran's shown in StarCraft and StarCraft II with even a scouting fleet of theirs being enough to almost take over the entire sector.

Little is known about how they have diverged. It is guessed that their technology level is considerably superior to the Terrans we all know with the possibility of them possessing planet destroying weapons. There is a good chance that they are technologically superior to the Protoss at this stage as it was shown that they possessed efficient knowledge to take over Zerg Hive colonies and keep them under control near permanently. It is also suspected that the humans of the UED have evolved due to genetic enhancement programs and it is quite likely that they possess entire platoons of psionic gifted soldiers.

The only main weakness of them is their own administration. Although they could effortlessly take over the entire sector, Protoss and all, they are still stuck filing the paper work for another expedition after the last failure. Seeing how this has taken several years that means that it could possibly take decades for any decision making to occur.

It is also known that they alone are not powerful enough to resist Amon as it was hinted in that all Terrans were killed in the bad future Zeratul was shown as only the Protoss were left as the last beings in the universe to resist Amon. However it was not entirely clear if they were referring to the Terrans in the sector or all Terrans in the universe as it seems unlikely that the UED would fall before the Protoss, espeicially seeing how the Protoss are in pretty bad shape unlike the UED.

The makers hinted that they did want to explore the UED later down the line. Currently there is no lore about them and none of the writers have even thought about expanding the UED.

Status
Not open for further replies.