• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Taking attachment requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Because I believe my work is improving, I want to start taking requests.
I will make any weapon/armor.
I will gladly take any request.
UPDATE:
Because madcd has been off of the hive for a while, and no modern attachments have been accepted for a while, I have decided to let another user, sfuzzy, to take the modern and any extra request I do not get to. The modern requests will be considered by him, and he will state whether or not he is going to do them.

Also: If you would like a model that I have done to be redone, feel free to contact sfuzzy.

Please keep in mind that there are many requests flowing in and your request may not be completed first.

Finally, If you have a request done by myself, sfuzzy or madcd, we would appreciate a +rep upon completing the request.

For anyone who want's a request done, we will need a picture of what needs to be done, or a good description. We will work with your request as long as you need us to (Within reason) to get the model EXAXCTLY how you want it.

If you are requesting something, we will need an email to send the completed model to.
Archangel_Tidusx: Wc3 Attachments.
madcd: Modern Attachments.

sfuzzy: Extra Modelling.

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD FREE OF ANY MATERIAL OTHER THAN REQUESTS

Thank you. =]

Last edited:
Level 22
hmm... how bout a flag? like for a weaponless knight or something. liek a standard bearer. if its possible, make the symbol on the flag something like this:

300px-Imperial_eagle.jpg

make the eagle gold, and the other parts of the flag teamcolored.

Level 17
madcd. When they mention copyrighted material, they mean actual copy righted material. We CAN and HAVE made remakes of models and things based on other games. We arent pirating movies here.

Oh also, you said no modern but, could you make a military Combat knife?

Well basicly just a knife with a black handle.

Level 10
The image is copyright of gameworkshop and is therefore breach of copyright and should NOT be posted on hive, and I might be able to help you with that combat knife in the next few days. Roughly how many polies? Small as poss I.e. 1 plane + 1 rotated cube as handle or more detailed up to modelled blade and gripped handle?
I'd say 3k for a simple model and 100k for the most complicated.

Level 10
becuase its the differance between requesting a WoW-like something-or-other and requesting an actual WoW model, one is permitted, the other is not. There's no room for deviance, that image is copyright GW, if he makes his own then fine, but that is either scanned in from GW material or directly copied from a GW site/game.

Level 17
Dude, he's just going to put the picture of the flag onto a Flag model. He isnt going to copy paste it. Stop going into a fit. It's Illegal in anyway because it is for his private use, and not for profit.

It is perfectly legit. Copy/pasting images is not illegal.

Level 10
Yeah well actually it's illegal to even make custom models of any franchised product at all, an example being I had seen someones Metal Gear Solid mod for Half-Life 2 shut down by Konami's lawyers just because they were releasing MGS4 and didn't want it's likeness used... obviously showing that we don't actually have any right in using these copywrited characters in any way at all.

The only illegal content that is frowned upon is direct game rips, eg. basically models and textures directly ripped from other games. I think this is because it kind of creates a grey area where fans can use copywrited characters in non-profit games as long as they go to the effort to make them themselves, as it's really no different to drawing a picture of spiderman when you're a kid or dressing up as batman for a costume party. It's just what fans do.

He's just using the warhammer 40k symbol as a reference for the banner he wants, just like how people use pictures of FF7 characters to show what models they want made.... it's no big deal and if anything it's free advertising for gamesworkshop

Level 10
I'm not having a fit... The rules are exceptioanlly clear on ripped resources, including textures, and that was a ripped texture from I'd guess DoW or the GW site. Discussion on this is closed as it is a mute point. So unless you have something to add to this request thread don't post any more unrelated posts.

Level 22
minimods these days...
well anyways, its not exactly a ripped texture if you texture it by hand now is it?
@Archangel: is it possible so that the flag is always upright? so it doesnt sway with the arm? it just looks kinda funky if it does

Level 10
unfortnately not ghost, well, actually it is possible, but not in the way you'd think, you'd have to attach the flag to the units origin, and then edit the unit carrying the falg's origin attachment point to the same posistion as the hand attachment point, and then it'd look funny becuase the arm would move independantly from the banner.

The main way you'd fix it is to modify the animation on carrying unit to keep the standard arm more stable.

OMG TAKE THE ARGUING SOMEWHERE ELSE!! AHH
I just want to take requests.
Yes I can make you a flag. I just realized i can take the animation from a unit. I can make it so the flagstaff moves and the flag has its own animation. I'm going to make it a hand attachment. It will probably be like the knights lance. Only it will be a...... Flag. =]

And about the combat knife, yes I can make it. I will do it sort of like the Acolyte's dagger, but it will look like a combat knife. Blade with a rippled back. I can do it.

Thank you for the requests, and I should have them done by tomorrow. Ghost I already have your email, but for any future requests, I need emails.

Last edited:
Level 8
do you think if anyone gets the time they could make me a blood mage cape attachment? i don't mind how long it takes i've got ages before my maps gonna b released. Also if someone could make a cloak attachment say like it attaches to head and covers the whole body below the head and its black any effort would be relay appreciated.

Level 8
how do I +rep. do I need rep? and how do I get it? I read the post, but it doesnt help when my models keep getting rejected, and the only 1 I got on here, is hard to find unless you search by username. wait, I'll try and fix link. if I figure out how to rep, I will gladly pay you a fair amount because I have a few model requests.

do you think if anyone gets the time they could make me a blood mage cape attachment? i don't mind how long it takes i've got ages before my maps gonna b released. Also if someone could make a cloak attachment say like it attaches to head and covers the whole body below the head and its black any effort would be relay appreciated.

Jaijaibinx, I can make you a blood mage cape. Of course it would be a chest attachment because you wouldnt want it to sway with the unit's head. It will still be on the unit's shoulders. Do you want it to be the blood mage's cape with just a black TC? Describe a little more please.

how do I +rep. do I need rep? and how do I get it? I read the post, but it doesnt help when my models keep getting rejected, and the only 1 I got on here, is hard to find unless you search by username. wait, I'll try and fix link. if I figure out how to rep, I will gladly pay you a fair amount because I have a few model requests.
Grish... What you're doing is a good way to lose EVEN MORE rep. I've specifically made this thread for attachment requests. You're asking questions about hive...
But I will answer your question. To add to someone's rep, you must find a post by them and there is a check sign with a plus and minus sign by it. that is the add rep button. You will recieve rep when you have done something that deserves rep. I believe if someone does something to make their name easy to recall, they deserve rep. That's just me.
Now keep your further questions out of my request thread. Thank you.

Level 8
Okay, I got one. The Sword of a Thousand Truths, as seen in the South Park episode: Make Love, Not Warcraft. I will post a picture of it. If you cant add the glow, don't worry about it.
sword_thousand_truths.jpg

And one more request. A halberd/polearm as seen here.
polearms-1.jpg
I will +rep for each model that you can make.:thumbs_up:

Level 12
Yussss. That damn sword with +80 int and instant mana drain... :D

Anyways, a good model for that sword is just Arthas's frostmourne.

Level 8
Jaijaibinx, I can make you a blood mage cape. Of course it would be a chest attachment because you wouldnt want it to sway with the unit's head. It will still be on the unit's shoulders. Do you want it to be the blood mage's cape with just a black TC? Describe a little more please.

Well what i was looking for was a blood mage cape that has a texture file that i can edit (i know how to do that stuff xD) The cape should basically just be an attachment i can use so that when i use an item equipping system (already made) the cape will appear and it will nod disappear until the item is clicked again the same with the robe.

Level 10
You need to say what model/s you require the tabard for... if it's based on a villager then it won't fit an orc model, or perhaps wont even fit another human unit. Attachments for covering the body of a unit tend to be diffcult to implement on more then 1 model

Team colored please and it would be attached to Jaina Proodmoore.
I wasn't aware that attachments could be teamcoloured, can they?

Level 8
they can. and for the halberd, if your making it, can it also be posted in the models section. we are lacking in good halberds. thanks for the sword too. looks epic.

with the owner? if you train a unit that has an attachment that is TCable, the attachment will be TC'd.
Usually all you have to do when you have a TColorable attachment that isn't the same color as your unit, you have to change the color of the unit to recolor it.

So if you have a trigger that adds attachments to units that is trianed...

Event
A unit is trained

Action
Special effect - Create a "special effect" and attach it to "last created unit"'s "head"
Unit - Change color of "last created unit" to "(color of owner of (last created unit))"

I believe that's something similar to the trigger. Just change the color of the unit and it will recolor the special effect.

Answers everyone..

lol one problem with the flag. its backwards.
thats your shield btw.

The flag is backwards because it is attached to the wrong hand. It's made for the other hand, i believe it's
hand, right
Dicipline: I wasn't aware that attachments could be teamcoloured, can they?
Lord_T: Attachment's can't be TC'd...
Attachments can be team colored as long as it was made to be team colored.

Jaijaibinx: Sooo.. is anyone going to attempt my model request?
You said that you didnt need the model anytime soon, so I was going to make it after i finished Grishnakah's halberd.

madcd: ok seeming as mny gf's internet decided to die here's the rather belated combat knife for someone or other.

All from in game textures.
Thank you Madcd. Whoever requested this model needs to +rep madcd if they are satisfied.

If there are any unanswered questions, please let me know. I will make the tc mask for Water_Bender and KenshinUesugi after the halberd. Jaijaibinx, if you would rather me make your blood mage cape, I can do that first. I wasn't under the impression that the cape was urgent though

Status
Not open for further replies.