• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Volvox's art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I'll be posting my artwork here for everyone to see and comment. I hope you like it :D

Attachments

• Dagger.jpg
    Dagger.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 1,170
Last edited:
Level 15
I think i screwed up with the craquelure a bit but i have the sketch so i won't bother correcting this one.
An item form the Jakei campaign series which i am working on(check my sig):

Edit: Just a wall i did out of boredom.
Edit: My first attempt to make a tree.

Attachments

• Syllar's necklace.jpg
    Syllar's necklace.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 434
  • Syllar's necklace colored.jpg
    Syllar's necklace colored.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 389
  • Broken wall.jpg
    Broken wall.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 450
  • Broken wall colored.jpg
    Broken wall colored.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 409
  • Tree.jpg
    Tree.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 430
  • Tree colored.jpg
    Tree colored.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,108
Last edited:
Level 15
It's kinda hard to draw something on the black background with a pencil but i guess i could cut it in photoshop. Here are some new things i made on boring classes. I drew tree during a maths exam and the sword on Croatian while we were processing Poe's poems(the raven, i think). The last one is one of my many failed attempts to draw something colored. I did stick to one color dough ^^. Because i drew it on a very large paper, it didn't fit into the scanner completely.

Attachments

• Tree.jpg
    Tree.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 463
  • Sword colored.jpg
    Sword colored.jpg
    700.4 KB · Views: 351
  • Sword.jpg
    Sword.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 364
  • Tree colored.jpg
    Tree colored.jpg
    630.7 KB · Views: 522
  • Winter.jpg
    Winter.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 444
Level 24
Well a tip if your drawing something living start with a thin weak round circle.
Then decide if its going to be the head or some part of the body.
Then after start drawing a stick man kinda, this is going to be the bone structure and a simple drawing of whatever hes going to do.

This way its easy for planning whatever the thing is going to do and fixing proportions so it doesnt look :ask: up.

When ur finished u can start drawing over.

Level 28
Uh well - mostly my noses are just little points or small bows as the pictures are almost everytime like close-ups
If I even draw a nose, it's mostly pointy at it's peak.
Second, it's small.
Well what else to say - would you like some pictures of the different nose-creator stages? xD

hmmzz......... there are some nice eyes here ^^ but your mistake is drawing the iris in zig-zag =3. and do not be afraid to make wide "reflections of light" on the eye. also the pupil of the eye, (as in squiggs drawings) and the reflection make the most, if not the whole eye.

yea... you might become better in manga/anime. keep workin', and i might paint something yours =3

Level 15
After a long period of nothing, i present you my two latest works, both done using my new Trust 3100 tablet which i got for Christmas. First one is a scroll, i practiced elementary shading just to get a feel of the pen(done in paint.net) and a cartoony version of my friend. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Scroll.jpg
    Scroll.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 160
  • Kate.jpg
    Kate.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 158
Level 15
Not really, you can notice some trails on the hair and upper part of the nose, but i got used to it already so i know how to avoid it. I mostly make faster moves and work with a higher resolution so it's less visible. Besides, this is like a paper with undo function on top of it so i have all the time in the world to make it right ^^

Level 15
Really? I'll take that as a compliment, you know, though i was not trying to copy his style. Btw i like round big faces ^^
edit:
I started making avatars/images/whatever for friends so why not uploading them here... First one is for a friend which we call Stijena(aka the rock) and the other one's still unassigned, so far. They're meant to be used as avatars but are made in 1000x1000 resolution.

Attachments

• Stijena.jpg
    Stijena.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 118
  • 076.jpg
    076.jpg
    995 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.