• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Base Wars Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
This is the terrain for my new map called Base Wars.

Attachments

• Base Wars whole map - Copy.jpg
    Base Wars whole map - Copy.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 84
  • bases 1 - Copy.jpg
    bases 1 - Copy.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Bounty pit - Copy.jpg
    Bounty pit - Copy.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 118
  • Creep pit - Copy.jpg
    Creep pit - Copy.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 95
  • lvl up pit - Copy.jpg
    lvl up pit - Copy.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Level 34
Regular B.net quality.

The lightning is quite good.
Which means it sucks.

This is poor quality terrain. You have tons of empty space, and Blizzard cliffs look awful here (I still think they always look bad, but others disagree). The waterfall looks terrible, you have to add rocks and other doodads to make it look better and more natural. Basically nothing looks natural, it all looks "placed".

I like the lightning though! :)

Level 34
Haha you went from nothing to spam. :p

Now you have to learn how to place doodads properly. It takes practice to get a feel of where things should go. Don't place things evenly and random. Group things, like take two rocks, put them together so they are touching and partly in each other, then add a shrub or two in it, and maybe a cattail.

The waterfall looks heaps better.

Level 34
It shouldn't really, unless your computer sucks the big one. A stationary object won't lag up a game, of course if you have thousands it will, but he won't.

Level 34
Not a very good computer eh?

Just use the doodads better. You can use less, and make it look as "full".

Level 34
Ahh, never place at random. Each shrub must be placed individually. You don't have to take forever to place them, I do it pretty fast, but you want to place them all yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.