• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ashenvale Theme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
It's kinda hard to make up names for threads, but this is a mix of ashenvale, and sunken ruins.

Attachments

• 1Ashenvale.png
    1Ashenvale.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 265
  • 2Ashenvale.png
    2Ashenvale.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 255
  • 3Ashenvale.png
    3Ashenvale.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 639
  • 4Ashenvale.png
    4Ashenvale.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 183
Level 36
Before I saw this terrain, I had no idea that that many different kinds of doodads could me crammed into one terrain. Boy, was I wrong. When people say "variation" they don't mean cram in everything in the environment menu that vaguely fits the theme.

Maybe you should stick to only a few kinds of shrub, two or three kinds of flower, and three or four trees. That way it looks more like a natural forest. And another tip, although it may not be totally realistic, it looks better to make the density of the forest thinner where the camera is pointing, and thicker where it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.