• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Showcase By Jonacms95

What type of terrain you like the best ?

• Underwater

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indoor

• Outdoor

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hope you'll like it . :thumbs_up:

Attachments

• The Haunted Forest.jpg
    The Haunted Forest.jpg
    818.1 KB · Views: 147
  • House.jpg
    House.jpg
    867.1 KB · Views: 159
  • Underwater.jpg
    Underwater.jpg
    464.5 KB · Views: 171
  • The Frozen Throne.jpg
    The Frozen Throne.jpg
    943.4 KB · Views: 134
  • Naboo Building.jpg
    Naboo Building.jpg
    808.3 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Level 5
Its pretty nice, got a few things to point out tho.
1:you can see the edge of the map
2:use more tile variation, especially on the road
3:that hay cart in the lower right corner is way to small compared to the body next to it

Fix up those things and you'll have yourself a really nice piece of work

Level 5
I updated the first picture and now you can see the bloody waterfall
Doesent really look like a waterfall.. more like a giant fountain of red wine, no offense.

For the one with the giant naga: Put some effort into it man, stuff like that can be done in less then 5 minutes. And dont use blizzard cliffs.

Level 2
Doesent really look like a waterfall.. more like a giant fountain of red wine, no offense.
Ya , I think so too , but its not too bad right ? A haunted forest with a giant fountain of blood ! :cry: By the way , you think the one not updated or the updated are more nicer ?

For the one with the giant naga: Put some effort into it man, stuff like that can be done in less then 5 minutes. And dont use blizzard cliffs.
Firstly , I admit I done it less than 5 minutes . Ok ! I'll put more effort into the next one :alol:

Level 9
The first picture looks...ok but the blood fountain thing just looks like a purple/red blob. The other two are just bland and dont have much substence. You might want to add a few more doodads to fill out the blackness. Also when you zoom in really close the objects look really blocky and ugly.

Otherwise their fine. just keep on working and you'll get a lot better.:thumbs_up:

Level 2
The first picture looks...ok but the blood fountain thing just looks like a purple/red blob.

Ok , I'll make the fountain more detail .

The other two are just bland and dont have much substence. You might want to add a few more doodads to fill out the blackness.

I can't think of what doodads should I add in the underwater . >.< , could you give some ideas to me ?

By the way , thank you for giving me your comments ! :gg:

Level 12
Hey there!

Its alright, But some of them need a fair amount of work, I'll review them step by step :)

Pic 1 - Its a good idea, but some of the doodads just don't fit, I like the way how you put the (supposed to be a squirrel I would guess xD) On the tree, but it just doesn't fit in with the rest of the "death" scene... Remove that and add more tile variation and it will look a lot better.

Pic 2 - Also a nice idea, but it would look much, much better if you would use the "raise terrain" tool, not the cliff tool, and add a lot more waterfalls to make it look more realistic, you can see the ground underneath them. Add some rocks and water life, and it will look great.

Pic 3 - This one needs a fair amount of work, I can give a fair few tips - Zoom the camera out, add some shells and seaweed and other plants, and perhaps some fish... And the major lacking feature in this is atmosphere. Try to use terrain fog to make it look like your actually underwater, Terrain fog will give everything a tint, and if you set it to the right colour and distance, it will look exactly like water.

Pic 4 - This one is my favourite, because it looks the best (in my opinion) and doesn't really have any problems. Nice use of the UTM doodads, but as Ghostwolf said in the chat before, the scene is missing something "living", such as a dog on the ground, or a peasant standing against a wall, or something around those lines.

All in all you've done a fairly good job, is it you first go at terraining? If so, its really good :)
:thumbs_up:

:pal:Hellblazer-14:pal:

Level 9
Ok still a few probs with the underwater one. Look at the treasure chest in scale to the ship wreck. the chest is way to big. you might want to scale it down a bit. maybe make the ship larger since the sharks shouldn't be as long as a galleon. The first one looks a bit better. Still the blood in the background doesn't look extremely good but a lil better. And the 3rd one looks ok but to me the evil looking dog and prophet look a little out of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.