• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scyth-Master's Terrain Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I was just browsing through all of the projects I've terrained for, and all the projects I've started - - - and I've made this showcase to show you some of my work.

Edit: Removed 22 screens so now only the best are shown in my showcase. Comments Please.

Contents:
1-2 = Apocalypse
3 = Island
4 = Storming Falcon Hill
5-7 = Apocalypse
8 = Mine Explorer (Non-Playable)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 341
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 301
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 281
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 268
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 268
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 239
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 239
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
Level 18
id hate to bad mouth anyone, but redscore is right,

the terrain isn't reall pro, i mean if someone had these models, they could make this in a minute.
thought they did look really nice, i wouldn't consider them expertly done, for anyone could hav done this.

but i do like these :)

lol crakaJ alsways makes me laugh xD

Level 21
See? Scyth? I believe the "pros" of this site gave me good feedback at my Terrain but uhh... they didnt take a look, nor made a comment on your showcase, maybe thats a sign?

1. Picture: A car crushed a car in a unknown environment with weird looking stone like in a desert, industrial doodads, in a desert? never heard that in the desert with sand stone is industrial, but maybe pre-apocalyptic terrain? Well, but... still... no industrial stuff in a desert with sand stone,..

2. Same like in picture 1.

3. White stone... green coloured pillars? a bit tooooooo much green.... green coloured torches? again TOOO much coloured... so many sargeras eyes, should it give a magical look? makes no sense, because it just looks dumb, i mean... green glowing eyes in such a environment? Maybe a temple... but not there. Since when grow trees in water? especially palms cannot grow in water, because of their roots. More criticsm? Worst terrain you made. Flat too.

4. Empty terrain with a few lumber towers? a joke? so flat, its incredible...

5. Looks like a bad version of a old call of duty map... looks modern... but meh.

6. Again a boring modern terrain... get more fantasy..

7. doodad spam... blizzard cliff... nothing more... bad.

Last edited:
Level 25
See? Scyth? I believe the "pros" of this site gave me good feedback at my Terrain but uhh... they didnt take a look, nor made a comment on your showcase, maybe thats a sign?

Y'know, I get the feeling I don't like you much. Of course, we'll discuss that when I take a peak at your tilesets

But first, Scythes

1. The position of the crater is a bit eh. Its a good few feet away from the car. It looks like it had a massive explosion under it, then rolled forward a few yards to crash into a wall and another car
2. What the devil are those doodads piled up on front of the car? Cookies? Cause they suck. Seriously. I do like the dirt piled up around it though
3. Fairly generic Sunken Ruins-y as far as I can tell. I'd prefer some more height variation there somewhere as well, or some depth variation. The sea shouldn't be all one level, and see that earlier comment about trees. Want trees in water? Make it a marsh or something then. But a nice ruin with some islets around would look nice, try for something like that
4. This is flat. Seriously. Even for a playable map it could have some height variation or something. Its generic, its flat, the best thing I can say about this is that you changed textures well, but that's it
5. The bar's clipping through the back of the truck :p. But aside from that nitpicking, nothing else particularly wrong with this
6. Quite nice actually
7. A few of the various doodads do not go well together. The glowingly silver pipes and the fountain being the worst offenders. Fairly generic though, nothing special
8. The water and the Barrens cliff ruins this, plain and simple

Level 17
Nice custom models to who ever made them.

Wait, this is a terrain showcase? I thought someone was making a model gallery.

You need some more artistic vision in your terrain. Its bland, its boring, your terrain sucks but its the nice models that give it eye candy.

Status
Not open for further replies.