• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Northrend, Cathedral of the Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Damn, well I spent 4 hours on this, but I think it was worth it! Hope you like :)

The sole bastion of the Light in these cold, desolate lands, the Cathedral gives refuge to pilgrims and Lordaeron soldiers, as well as the wayward adventurer. Seek not the path of darkness.

Larger, higher quality image.

Attachments

• Northrend, Cathedral of the Light.png
    Northrend, Cathedral of the Light.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,797
Level 18
Very nice job with this ~Void~. I see Dia3olus, might have inspired you to do a construction, as he did to me. It worked very well. Nothing I wouldn't expect out of you though!

But I think that the brown shrubs stick out a little too much, maybe a tinting would help them, and the very bottom right, I mean very bottom seems a little empty and ubrupt. But a great terrain nonetheless. Oh, and the smaller statue seems wide.

Level 34
Not a fan of the brick steps, they don't match the rest. But it's still amazing. The environment is a lot better than the building though.

Level 28
I'll be frank: I didn't liked...

The color of the brick doodas doesn't ifx with the terrain, you should find a better color. The same with the water and the rocks.

The hill at the right is very good, the lightning is very cool too.

But the colors used doesn't give any harmony to the terrain.

Level 36
I think the "ugly light" is cool. And the trees aren't on rocks, they are in between them. It happens in nature. As for the wtf patch of snow in the courtyard, ever heard of snowbanks? Everything is intentional. As for the "bad tile changes", I happen to like dramatic tile transitions, like grass to dirt, as long as they are not overused. It makes everything look more natural and less uniform, because natural is rough and wild. (note that I go more for realism than fantasy)

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
The light is pretty much out of place, and it's too bright.
The tile transitions may be good in theory, but they still look too rough compared to the rest of the terrain.

And the wtf thing was not connected to the snow banks, it was just a replacement of the word "light" in the image's title (as in, a joke).

Level 34
I agree with Void here. The only problem I see is the difference in texture on the stairs and the arches/building.

Level 36
The light is pretty much out of place, and it's too bright.
The tile transitions may be good in theory, but they still look too rough compared to the rest of the terrain.

And the wtf thing was not connected to the snow banks, it was just a replacement of the word "light" in the image's title (as in, a joke).

The bit you circled "meh". That is supposed to be a snowbank :p

Anyways, for the tree being to close... just noticed that... it doesn't make sense because the tree is right in front of the camera D:

Status
Not open for further replies.