• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fully Custom Terrain Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
The city and surroundings were made with "The Ultimate Terraining Map 3.0" and the buildings that I have made so far are completly filled inside, so go look inside the buildings :grin:. The city looks a bit bare since I'm not exactly sure what other buildings I should put in. You need to download this map and open it to fully see it's potential. Any feedback or comments is appreciated.

Attachments

• Terrain 1.00.jpg
    Terrain 1.00.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 289
  • Terrain 2.00.jpg
    Terrain 2.00.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 324
  • Terrain 3.00.jpg
    Terrain 3.00.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 230
  • Terrain 4.00.jpg
    Terrain 4.00.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 241
  • Terrain 5.00.jpg
    Terrain 5.00.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 296
  • HiveWorkShop Terrain Showcase Village (8).w3x
    4 MB · Views: 75
Level 34
Inside is okay, the outside is pretty poor. There is a lot wrong with it, I don't even know where to begin. You seem to have just thrown down environment doodads at random.

Post this in the terrain forum, you'll get less "Amazing work 5/5". For some reason we have two areas to show off work, and this one is very neglected.

Level 10
@Gilles

I know the outside is horrible, because I coudn't figure out what else to put in. And no it's not a great showoff map, I'm just a average terrainer.

The outside is suppose to have alot of random doodads everywhere, somewhat. Earth dosen't have nice square cut shrubs and dancing flowers.

Post this in the terrain forum, you'll get less "Amazing work 5/5". For some reason we have two areas to show off work, and this one is very neglected.
What the hell do you mean, other than post this in the Terrain Forum.

Level 34
@Gilles

I know the outside is horrible, because I coudn't figure out what else to put in. And no it's not a great showoff map, I'm just a average terrainer.

The outside is suppose to have alot of random doodads everywhere, somewhat. Earth dosen't have nice square cut shrubs and dancing flowers.
No it doesn't, but trust me it will look better. Clump doodads together, otherwise it looks awkward.

What the hell do you mean, other than post this in the Terrain Forum.
You were getting really good reviews here from "newbs". If any of our more veteran terrainers were to post, you wouldn't get that praise; you'd get good, helpful reviews. I don't like how we have this gallery and a forum.

Here are examples. I think the one with random stuff looks worse. You decide.

Attachments

• Example.JPG
    Example.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Example2.JPG
    Example2.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.