• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Have you ever played old games?

Have you done this,

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
One of the greatest drawbacks of any Windows after Windows XP is its near complete loss of reverse compatibility with older programs, most notably older games, its also the reason why I won't upgrade to anything past the latest service package for XP.

The reason older Blizzard titles like Starcraft, Diablo and Diablo II are still playable even in Vista and Windows 7 is because Blizzard puts great care into making their games and keeps them constantly updating with the times.

Also Diablo II and Starcraft are still played on line via Battle.net, another reason they are kept up to date with ever evolving operating system.

lol ya i cant really see blizzard ever disappointing us, they take a lot of pride in making there games, lol every one of them won game of the year it seems like xD

As for Disciples : Sacred Lands, it absolutely works now! i dont know how, but i was able to install it today like 5 minutes ago, it made my mouth drop when i saw the setup xD im so happy :D

Level 1
Hmm, I have played some old games when they were not too old. digimon world, dragon force, Lufia II, mordor: ruins of dejenol, dragon quest IV... so on.
Actually, it's the experience from those games that makes me dislike some newer games, specially when they are dumbly easy. Though I do not miss some older games, like asteroid or space invaders from my atari.

Level 1
Definitely, I had the old Sega Mega Drive as a kid, and then the PS1, but I download emulators and DosBox to play them now. Good ol Sonic, Mario, Super Smash Bros.
I also loved playing DooM, and Jazz Jackrabbit, Monster Bash, Commander Keen, Tales of Phantasia, Seiken Densetsu 3, Wacky Wheels, Spyro The Dragon, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat,....
I could go on and on.

Level 3
Yep, I find myself playing the old Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games all the time. I don't play too many games from before the mid-90s though.

Level 9
Heh. Found this on the forum after I beat Contra WITHOUT CHEAT CODES~ . My big bro dug out his old console, let me played Contra ( he didn't let me when I was younger ). His face was like o_O when I finished it.

Also, currently playing Monster Rancher 2, with my frikin Kato ( Kato+Hare )with INT SPD 999 and others 700 ( 6th monster )

Level 2
There is one thing i have to say: *Takes deeeep breath*

Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy 2
Final Fantasy 3
Final Fantasy 4
Super Mario 2: 6 Golden Coins
Pokemon Yellow
Game and Watch Gallery
Metroid 2: Rerturn of Samus
Super Metroid

Thats it *gasp*