• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Darky um u cant copyright this map bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I was just noticing at the bottom of the screen here on the internet site theres a message that says:
" Nature's Call: The Spider Queen, Nature's Call 2: Return of the Dragons, by Darky27, are Copyrighted © 2002-2003
Kickass blp converter app and MPQ framework Copyright © by BahamutZERO, [email protected]. Visit his website at www.macstorm.org "

but you cant copyright those maps man! the Blizzard Terms and Use statement clearly states that because they were made for Wacraft III using Warcraft III World Editor they are as such property of Blizzard Entertainment. I do beleive then that your saying that you have the copyrights to the map is copyright infringment (but no i do not know the legal term) which is illegal and can get u fined, maybe even jailed if it was a big enough fraud. I just wanted to point that out but i didnt mean any offense by it man.

Level 5
Oooooo snap you have to use a license to copyright any of your maps? (Deletes copyright by Eggie Poo Poo AKA Thunderwolfxx in all of his old maps)

Level 8
You can't use a license at all to copyright any maps. The only way you could ever copyright this if you bought rights from Blizzard on its game engine and the WE. I mean you can say its copyrighted just to scare of people that wan't to steal the map for there own but in the end in leagal terms it dosen't mean anything.

Level 8
yea but ill tell you now this is a really old forum. but since its the only one that had the latest response then ill go ahead and talk. People don't understand the concept of the copyright laws. The only thing copyright covers is the use of your stuff in commercial uses unless stated otherwise. but if you use the WE then its all blizzards even if you put your own work in it but becuase you do got some your own work blizzard coulden't deal with that but they could easily take your work and you coulden't do crap about it. Its similar to modeling even. all of it is still copyrighted to the company that made modeling the only way you can leagly copyright it is if you buy a commercail license.

Status
Not open for further replies.