• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Epic project needs epic Terrainer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Project is almost done

What is here about?

I have done almost everything in new total unique AoE map. I have 24 unique and cool heroes also unique story and one epic battle.

Why I do not make terrain?

I am good terrainer, but i work really hard on everything else so project will be on hive sooner if i have help of terrainer.

How should terrain look like?

Like Dota terrain only difference will be bases. Bases will be on top left and bottom right size. Map size must be 160x160. Make terrain tiles how you want and i will change them when get your terrain.

What i expect from this project?

I expect to it be legendary and very popular. If you make terrain at least good with my perfect map system it will be big success.

When will be finished?

Because I am trying to make everything perfect with out bugs and bad things I will finish this project 100% in November 2012.

About me

I am new on Hive. I have heard for him from my friend. I have not many upload because I am working hard on this AoS map. Only my project posted here is the worst and first version of my mini-game Azeroth Marathon. For more ask me here

Level 14
How should terrain look like?

Like Dota terrain only difference will be bases. Bases will be on top left and bottom right size. Map size must be 160x160. Make terrain tiles how you want and i will change them when get your terrain.

You said it was going to be legendary and unique,unique means original,but you're asking for a dota-ish AoS terrain? lol,btw,why didn't you start with a dota template in the first place?
What i expect from this project?

I expect to it be legendary and very popular. If you make terrain at least good with my perfect map system it will be big success.

Well,good luck with that pal... i hope this project will be great :thumbs_up:

Level 8
I must say I am a pretty good terrainer but I need lots of time I thought I just metion, but sorry I am working on a campaign so I can't help ya there.

What the heck was the point of this? It's like saying, "hey kid want some cake?" "yeah" "well too bad you can't have any."

@topic

I don't mean to dissuade you in any way shape or form, but I highly suggest that you make this map have something very epic/cool/revolutionary otherwise it will as popular as Neville Chamberlain. There's about 10000000 AoS maps already and DotA is the main one obviously, but a lot of AoS players have shifted to actual AoS games outside of wc3 so your map should contain something pretty unique or fun, otherwise like I said it won't be "legendary" "epic" "popular" as you've claimed. Good luck though and I'm sure if you try your hardest and make it have something unique it will do well.

Level 28
Dota is over rated, dota's terrain is one of the ugliest terrain that I ever saw in my entire life.

Why?
BAD THINGS ON DOTA TERRAIN
~Plane terrain(no height tool used)
~Random placement of environment doodad
~Man just to ugly
~Bad used of tiles
GOOD THING ON DOTA TERRAIN
~Strategy wise

And if you gonna tell me that you want a strategy terrain, man you can still make it beautiful. Icefrog need to recruit new terrainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.