• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias 1.2 ... and yes, I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
glad to be back. i hope i can help the team again and push the release date of 1.12 ! the good thing is that im living in a different time zome for the next weeks so i will work on the map when the rest is sleeping.

Level 1
glad to be back. i hope i can help the team again and push the release date of 1.12 ! the good thing is that im living in a different time zome for the next weeks so i will work on the map when the rest is sleeping.

We love you!

Level 8
or simply turn ur watch up side down ;)

any way, about Necro mindcontroll skill
will hes new pet benefit from hes stats?
and/or will it recive ressists? cos if not this minion will die pretty fast on most boss encounters :(

Level 10
lolol I'm no american but I'll be happy to proof read/edit/write up text related shit.

You got a problem with us Americans HUH VESTRA?! At least my country is real :D

All jokes aside though Vestra would do a good job with this, probably better than me. I had a few mistakes in the tooltips I worked on :'[ but I graduate college in about 3 weeks Zwiebel and like before I am always willing to help with tooltips or anything as well once the freetime is available because lololol I won't find a job for a few years

or simply turn ur watch up side down ;)

Also ^ made me lol hard

Level 8
and btw Z, about this upgradeable legendary, is it possible to make vcerious upgrades via recipes?

like phoniex could have 2 upgrades, 1 for str based tank like it's now and other upgrade for dps with asp bonus ect.
and for gaspode sake make phoenix hti frozen, dazed targets!

I'm sure that's not the only thing you'll be doing while they're sleeping!

I keed, good thing to see you back on the map.

Level 13
You got a problem with us Americans HUH VESTRA?! At least my country is real :D

All jokes aside though Vestra would do a good job with this, probably better than me. I had a few mistakes in the tooltips I worked on :'[ but I graduate college in about 3 weeks Zwiebel and like before I am always willing to help with tooltips or anything as well once the freetime is available because lololol I won't find a job for a few years

Also ^ made me lol hard

ofc I have a problem with america, I'm not leaving nz man, not for a while, this place may be a surreal fairy lane full of sheep but I love it.

Level 6
some nice pictures at this website

Sample:
Darkwood_Vigilant_by_JasonEngle.jpg

Level 10
Hello :d, let me ask a question, code load for 1.1L(3) can be used in 1.2 ?

This question has been addressed numerous times already within this same thread alone.

In 1.2 yes, there should not be a code wipe but in the end it's up to Zweibelchen to decide if a wipe is needed.

Depends on players, abuse or report the bugs ^^

In the end there may not be a code wipe in v1.2 HOWEVER it is a warcraft III map . . . engines need to be updated, content needs to be added, a serious exploit is discovered, who really knows but I just anticipate a code wipe at any point because eventually it is inevitable that one is bound to come around eventually (if the map is continually worked on) whether or not it is 1.2 or v 5.7

Level 13
look at you, giving advice like you play, being all friendly and active. Lying to yourself s0ul, lying to all of us.

Level 1
Please be polite event if you don't like someone's opinion.

Peace,

Backseat modding. I suggest we stay on topic (see what I did there?), and talk about the upcoming version of Gaia's Retaliation. Hopefully, a code-whipe WILL happen.

Level 8
And why hopefully?

As far I remember code wipe was made to cleanse glitch/bug abusers and also to let players make heros b4 1.2.
Another code wipe without any important reason would be just silly.

Level 13
Please be polite event if you don't like someone's opinion.

Peace,

Backseat modding. I suggest we stay on topic (see what I did there?), and talk about the upcoming version of Gaia's Retaliation. Hopefully, a code-whipe WILL happen.

Some of you should really get a life, but seriously, like Kl3sk said, STAY ON TOPIC.

To all 3 of you, S0ul is a friend, and it's a personal joke. The thread stays on topic, it's not going to spiral anywhere unless people make pointless comments like these 3 here.

There currently is no reason for another wipe, I cbf making all those classes again any time soon so I really hope there are no game ruining outstanding bugs.

Level 13
I take everything thing Vestra said seriously ): I quote him because he's a god amongst men and I hate him.

bby don't be like that

To make this post relevant, looking forward to 1.2, hope there's no code wipe. Any hints to the new features that are coming up zwieb?

Level 6
I would like to present my work which i did since being back in the project. The following screens are Interiors for a huge tower. (which i wont show cause we dont have a place yet where we place it, the only think i can say its huge and took me hours of work !)

The reason i post is that i need some suggestions. (more ppl -> more ideas :vw_death: ) Feel free to criticize the work ! Also this work is still W.I.P so there is no Shade/light/fog and that stuff.

The first one is the entrance area of the Tower, looks pretty empty but i dont want to add to much details. There u have a entrance to the bibi/basement.

The second one is the basement which is a kind of a labor as u can see.

Attachments

• Entrance.jpg
    Entrance.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 222
  • Basement.jpg
    Basement.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 192
Level 13
Oh wow that looks really good o_o Impressive work, couldn't the tower have worked with some kind of necromancer near Mytargas?

It would be neat if it got more layers and acted as a dungeon on its own, maybe if you had to scale the tower, fight a boss halfway up and at the top, which would unlock the basement for the dungeons final boss. Could always be a world boss area as well.

Looks great Shapy, hope it's implemented at some point.

Level 6
It would be neat if it got more layers and acted as a dungeon on its own, maybe if you had to scale the tower, fight a boss halfway up and at the top, which would unlock the basement for the dungeons final boss. Could always be a world boss area as well.

In the end the tower will have 4 layers. Basement/entrance/library & the top which isnt a interior cause u will be on the "roof" of the tower.

Enough space for a minidungeon/dungeon is available ... we will see what the boss will say.

But i must say you are sure keeping up with your older work. I look forward to when this is finishes so i can see the final product of your WiP.

im hoping that too. i dont do interiors that often thats the reason i were asking for help. so give me some suggestions guys.

Level 8
Shapy u just made my dream about gaia come true :)
I was rly ennoying in previous posts about the laboratory and some horrors within.

If I can sugest anything:
-tower could be placed in dark wood (full of webs, black spiders, and black wolf, and ofc white mist.
-tower is great mystery(once strategical position of humans, than abandoned, now still opearting in secret waiting for a day to unleash creations of mad alchemist
-anyone else were thinking about big pudge?

-about decorations and details I think u dont need sugestions, cos all ur previous works was just perfect

-cheers ;)

Level 10
You have no idea how happy it makes me to see Shapy back on terraining. I believe the entire old team is back now plus vitsoimba right? I have to say, like always, all the terrain presented thus far for 1.2 looks amazing and I love how there are three big terrainers now :]

btw the towers look great so far I agree with some of the other posts it would be kind of cool for like a 'mini' dungeon with a world boss or so in it. Personally I think that's how many world bosses should be considered from this point on. You have to fight some kind of 'mini' dungeon in order to get to them. The monsters could be higher levels than other mobs in the zone, but not like 'dungeon' hard. It would add a lot of extra dimensions to the game. Like the Sewers could in itself act as one of these 'mini' dungeons in a certain section of it or so at least. Just a suggestion :D

Level 8
Well Shappy mentioned about that ur not sure yet where to place tower, just tryed to inspire.
and yes, this is karazhan, my favorite dungeon ;)

sorry if it looks like spam or whatever.

Level 6
@ Hawajska
kara destroyed WoW, actually BC but kara was content in that expension. I loved the tower in classic WoW but these easy epic farming policy killed my passion for that game.

thanks for the suggestions but as zwiebel said we keep the tower in stone textures but thanks might u have some other ideas aswell.

@ muzzel
help zwiebel brainstorming for hard core content need 30 min. encounters :vw_death:

Level 8
@ Shapy, true, but I loved this climat, expecialy after reading a book about it.

for gaia I have a lot of ideas, but it's prolly not what other would like and I post alrdy too much ;p
so I will post only 1:
if there wont be enough space for map and you decide to still moderate map I would sugest to make another map with removed dungeons 1-4, and add another content instead while making load code work on both maps and contain all items.

Level 13
Although papa's english there isn't that well structured, his idea is pretty solid, something I myself have wondered about also, if gaias can be split in future into two, maybe three maps, each with codes associated with them that could not backtrack into older versions (unless you'd like them too)

It would be handy if say, you could load only codes who have completed a specific quest from the first gaias map, and are level 50, into the newer map, to keep the game expanding, rather than compact.

You could do what papa is suggesting also, and link all skills and items from both maps into each map, allowing people to take their coded items/skills/stored items back and forth, but keeping the actual dungeon content, quests, story progression and so on between the maps.

Level 17
... we're lucky enough to get 1.2, now you're asking them to making another map of content?

Level 8
Nice intro Vestra, especialy about my fluent english xD

well Wolfe, noone force our exalted moderators, but if its their passion and there is so many fans, why not continue this awesome and epic map further?

If I will be fameouse actor I will put link to gaia map and this thread on my blog for sure.

Blizzard should pay to such talented map makers

Level 9
Hmm... about the tower, maybe make it a string of bosses like one floor would have all d1 bosses on it and second have it d2 bosses, etc etc.. up tot he d3 bosses then at the end have a boss in the beginning room where you fight thats on par with d4 or something to get your reward. Kinda like he put the team to sleep, and have to beat all the bosses to awaken from the nightmare only to face him.

Level 13
Fully hate games that make you fight bosses you've already fucking killed again in a different dungeon.

Level 5
Totally agree, there's no sense at all having to fight a boss which is located in two different spots of the map even at the same time, and there's absolutely no fitting that, for example, the ancient one or the protector could be lurking in a tower.

Level 8
repeative bosses is bad idea, but for tower I have another idea.

there was 4 floors, right?
2 ( . Y . )
1 ( floors)
0 ( Y )
---- ground----
-1 laboratory

And acces to laboratory require key from boss on top (random drop like from Andy)
or... to make this even more epic, the boss from top can drop only part of key, and another part would be drop from other boss in another place, and making would be via recipe. (ye I know this sounds like karazhan key ;p)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.