• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best user-made campaign for Warcraft III?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Day of the Dragon no doubt, even if the campaign didn't follow the storyline correctly and a few things that didn't exist in the book where added into the campaign it's the best damned campaign ever.

Level 1
The Chosen Ones :)

Probably the absolute best such campaign ever made on this engine in terms of story, puzzles, etc. ...however, Heroes of Genesia is a fucking diamond in the dirt, untouched by many. I suggest everyone gives it a try!

Level 7
Wanderers of Sorceria is definitely the best custom campaign ever made for this game. At some points it is even better than the original campaigns made by Blizzard. It combines altered melee, AoS, defense, arena and top notch RPG with dozens of mini-games. You can see that Razorclaw put an huge effort making this series. Also the story is one of the best I've ever seen with a lot of twists and great development of the characters. If you haven't played it yet I suggest to do it as soon as possible because you're missing one of the jewels of this game.

Level 12
I would be torn between either Dwarf Campaign, due to it's simplistic nature, and the Adventures of Rowan the Wise, because of the great quests that make a campaign different from several melee maps placed together. I usually prefer campaigns that don't have so much grinding in them, such as the Norj'hal Elves, which although I admit is worth playing, doesn't appeal to me so much. I like games that have simple but satisfying terrain, not overdone or too great (partially because my computer is crap).

Other notable mentions would be The Chosen Ones and Hoof of Honor.

I don't get it. What's the big deal with importing wow models in W3 ? It's not like you sell the campaign or anything.

It's like taking someone else's short story and just changing the names around and playing with the words. Essentially, as much as I hate it, piracy. And, it's not your work so you're receiving credit for something you did not do. Besides, the filesizes are a shitload. Read this.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I downloaded the Norj'Hal Elves and I honestly did not like it, I didn't understand what else was to it than the grinding of creeps, I even got surprised it was hosted at a section as supposedly strict as Wc3Campaigns. I preferred Hoof of Honor over it, at least the skills of the main hero were interesting and the storyline was sort of good.

EDIT: And hi Arcisal =P

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
It's like taking someone else's short story and just changing the names around and playing with the words. Essentially, as much as I hate it, piracy. And, it's not your work so you're receiving credit for something you did not do. Besides, the filesizes are a shitload. Read this.
Dude, you give credit to Blizzard for their work on the models. You only get credit for the ideas implemented in the campaign or map or whatever. And doing so you actually advertize Blizzard Entertainment's games, you spread and flourish the community.

Level 48
I downloaded the Norj'Hal Elves and I honestly did not like it, I didn't understand what else was to it than the grinding of creeps, I even got surprised it was hosted at a section as supposedly strict as Wc3Campaigns. I preferred Hoof of Honor over it, at least the skills of the main hero were interesting and the storyline was sort of good.

That is basically me experience as well, though I didn't get too far in the campaign. I was at the first or second chapter, and just sort of got bored. :(

Level 12
Dude, you give credit to Blizzard for their work on the models. You only get credit for the ideas implemented in the campaign or map or whatever. And doing so you actually advertize Blizzard Entertainment's games, you spread and flourish the community.

Well, think of it this way. Did Blizzard grant you the permission to use their models? And another thing, the mere size of the model files alone is already too big, despite the quality. There are plenty of good models out there that are of much smaller size.

And just to get on topic, I think the Nameless One is pretty good.

Level 10
Well, think of it this way. Did Blizzard grant you the permission to use their models?

If we're on that note, is there permission give to use WC3 models? Probably a ridiculous point (And not exactly taking the side of people who use WoW models, I don't like them all that much), but still food for thought :p

I'd also like to add two campaigns to my list, Dark Times and The_Spoon's 2P campaigns (If it counts for anything?)

Level 15
I'd have to say that these campaigns are pretty good:
Ascension Campaign(still is in progress, still pretty good!)
Wanderers of Sorceria(A amazing anime like campaign)
The Chosen Ones(a unique game with many a unique skill.)
Day of the dragon
The Last guardian.
since i haven't played the 2p campaign or the dark times i wouldn't know about Whitewolf's recent votes

Level 12
If we're on that note, is there permission give to use WC3 models? Probably a ridiculous point (And not exactly taking the side of people who use WoW models, I don't like them all that much), but still food for thought :p

If were on that note, why would Blizzard create the World Editor in the first place if they didn't allow users to use their models?

And also, I do like the 2P Campaign as well.

Level 3
I started playing customs maps with campaigns, and I grab almost every one that is uploaded in THW.

I'd nominate for the title Hoof of Honor, Black Company, TTBE, Lord of The Clans, Day of The Dragon...

But for me, the best of them and which I played the most is The Chosen Ones, without a doubt ! :thumbs_up:

Level 12
The Black Company campaign did a really good job of sticking to the book, even including direct quotes from it. It's definately one worth playing.

I must also add Wanderers of Sorceria to my list of favorites.

Level 7
I have a question.. could someone tell me some good campaigns that follow warcraft lore/story exactly? Imported models is a + . I've tried mostly 95% of the campaigns out there and I don't exactly remember which ones were good.

Level 3
Rise of the Blood Elves
Ressurection of the Scourge
Exodus quite a bit
The adventures of rowan the wise
Jeopardy for the horde

Level 30
I like Chosen Ones by Aeroblyctos because it is different in some ways and unique. It has interesting story about the heroes and yes, the story doesnt exactly focus on one hero(This are the things I mostly I see in Campaigns) but to 3 Heroes... I think its 3 Heroes! And also lots of unique features and the Campaign doesnt just concentrate in mindless killing but some puzzle that engages the mind! The terrain is also very well-done. That is all! Actually I give this game a 5/5 if you ask me!

Status
Not open for further replies.