• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Oakwood Forest

Level 19
To be honest, from what I've seen from skyrim I don't think it looks much like it.
However yes I will mainly be working on it during holidays because that are basically the only times a year I can manage to work on it without fucking up other stuff like my study.

Level 1
hi Teuncreemers

i just made me an acc to tell how great Oakwood Forest looks and i cant wait to test it. Hope it get finished soon as possible :)

Gwy

Gwy

Level 4
this map is still 1 of the great promising things on hive.
Keep up!
(and yeah, finish sometiomes a demo, maybe befor the last days of our world... :)

Level 19
Currently:

A third of the classes (8 out or 24) are 100% done. The others still have (some) coding to do. As for the quests players are able to level up to level 10 with the quests right now. The terrain is 90% done, however I sometimes will have to add creatures or NPC's to certain area's.
There are still a few bugs that will have to be fixed. I'm also working on that.
Balancing is a thing that needs some time. I might even wait with this till the beta to get feedback from players. I'm currently thinking about nearly doubling the health pool of every creature and player in the map because some classes are able to 2 shot (with lucky crits) but I want combat to be more interesting.
Also working on an easier way to classify debufss/buffs and damage types. Damage per example will most likely become classified in; Water, Fire, Earth, Air, Shadow, Light, Physical. Debuffs will become based on those types. Think about examples like Frozen (water), Rooted (earth), Burned (fire), Shocked (Air), Confused (Shadow), Blinded (Light), Stunned (Physical).

All in all progress is being made.
But don't forget that I'm on my own trying to combine this hobby with my college.:)

Level 19
Currently the only important thing that has to happen before first closed beta is coding more spells for the gryphonwing hero's, creating a few more items to drop (like 100, which takes 100* 4 minutes to make) and finishing 2 more bossfights.
Gryphonwing level 1-20 Quests are more or less done.

The aim will be to release only Gryphonwing levels 1-20 hero's but all 8 of their classes. This will become a closed beta without PvP (because everyone is the same faction) but 4 different PvE events, each of them with their own difficulties. A few area's will be unavailable to enter, but this will only affect like 10% of the map. If people want to go to a level 40 zone when their own max level is set to 20, then they're free to do that (and wipe:p). During this closed beta we will most likely finish the Bloodbane levels 1-20, so the second closed beta will have two factions. The first open beta will most likely become with all the three factions, each of them able to level to level 20.
Eventually this game will allow players to level to 40 with 3 different factions and each faction with 8 different classes. There will be around 20-30 boss events all over the world and a huge PvP arena with various modes; capture the flag, skirmish, last man standing and some fun modes involving killing as many kobolds as you can in the given time.

Level 19
Tomorrow I'll be leaving for a 10 days vacation.
So don't expect much more updates for a while.:(

After that I'll be working on it again ofc.

Level 28
Have a nice trip, I'll just stay here and wait till you comeback.
m118.gif

Level 19
True...
I don't update the first post here at all.
I just add updates to each of the subforums. I guess people would have to look around to see things, and most people aren't really in the mood for that I guess.

If it wasn't for the temperature being so high in here, I would do it right away. But I'll update this thread with some more info. Since I'm getting close to a first version I will have to think about advertisement anyway.;-)

Level 19
Right now Yixx is spending lots of time on updating the map's scripts and triggers.
He offered his help because he saw I was struggling with the coding myself, and he looked at the project and liked what he saw.

Great to have Yixx helping out. He's cleaning up a lot at the moment, and updating older systems since this project is like 4 years old already.

And to also have some more info about the coding. RaiN. is coming back to the project after September to focus on making systems and boss events because that's what he loved the most.
Seeing that currently Kingz is helping out with making spells, and Yixx is helping out, things are starting to look very good for Oakwood again.

I'm currently roughly finishing the terrain, while it could still use improvements here and there, but soon it will all be playable.

So there's happening a lot at the moment, and I'll keep you up to date about the things that are going on!

Level 19
Doing a bump to avoid forum deletion.
Anyways. Yixx is still improving trigger stuff so my input is a bit lower nowadays, but as soon as the triggers fully functionate again (most likely improving the FPS) I will start rushing through again.

Level 19
Nothing new sadly.
I'm very busy irl atm,... College is quite difficult this year so I hardly have time left for my computer unless I stop getting out of my house to relax too.;-)
But yeah. This will be finished. I'm not a quitter, and maybe during the next holiday I will spend more time on it. Grr.. Feels shit to let ppl wait!

Level 19
Bump.

Reserved some time for this during the winterbreak. So an informational bump will come soon.

Level 19
Bump.
And I just changed the name of my profile here for various reasons.
Just so you guys know, I'm Sephalo now but still the same person.;-)

Level 19
I will reveal more info when the people that are helping me are ready for it.
I told them to not rush things because this isn't a factory;-)
Whenever they're ready I'll show you stuff, don't worry.

Sephalo I can understand them.
Since three years you keep telling them "wait for it" and bump it on the same time.
A thread without new information will be dead, whether you bump it or not.
Maybe ask the people stuff, collect feedback or do something about the map to make them keep replying.

But don't bump it but then there will be no "real" news for months.

Level 19
If I don't bump these entire subforums will be deleted since there has to be a post here once a month to not delete it. I don't want to lose this content so I have to keep bumping once in a while.
And I wish I could come with news, but I can't. I'm working on this on my own, and the people that offered help all of a sudden don't reply anymore to my questions if they could please contact me. At this point I will lose alot of progress if I don't want for their reply first. Progress that's hard to make on my own, because it's about coding which is my weak spot.

So I can't come with information unless these people send me the updated map first. The map is at a point that it's nearly done and I can't do much more myself apart from working from where those people stopped.

But once again. I wouldn't bump if I didn't have to. But I don't want all the info on this subforum to be lost so I got to bump here once a month.

Level 19
This project still have my full support and I'm still waiting for the update for the new class that will replace the Huntress.

Once the model is ready I'll release the info because I want to show a screenshot.:)
About that. I'll send a pm right away to check the model's progress.

Level 19
Guys I'll have a small (sad) update.

I'm not enjoying working on Oakwood that much lately. Currently only terribly hard stuff is left to do for me which I can't without help. Because of this I kinda need some distraction for a while because it has all been very frustrating in the past that I continuesly have to find new people to beg for help, since they never seem to stay for long or have many great words but few to no deeds. (With the great exception of RaiN. ofc, who has done ALOT for the project)
Since it is also very stressy at school and everything else in real life, I decided to put this project on a hold for an unknown period. Most likely I will start working on it again when I've had a vacation or get into a roleplaying mood again.

Nowadays I'm working a bit on a board game map in the little free time I have. It's nothing big, but just something to do apart from Oakwood, since I've been working on Oakwood 100% of my wc3 time during the past few years.

I'll keep bumping this thread just to not lose the forums and all the info. And I deffo won't say Oakwood is dead, but I just need a break from the stress it gives me. Because even if I am not working on it, I feel some stress because I should work on it because people are waiting on it. And since I'm already camping with stress symptoms from things in real life, I think it's better to just put this on a hold.

I hope you can understand it, and as soon as I start working on it again I'll post the info. But don't expect more then bumps from me for a little while.

Seph.