• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Melee Map Gallery [Lots of Large Images!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
STONETALON PASS
StonetalonPass1.jpg

StonetalonPass2.jpg

ST_4.jpg

ST_1.jpg

BARRENS(?)

6.jpg

7.jpg

1.jpg

BARROW DENS
StormrageBarrowdens3.jpg

StormrageBarrowdens2.jpg

STONECAIRN GROVE
StonecairnGrove1.jpg

StonecairnGrove2.jpg

Level 10
NEW test of our custom terrain textures:

barrenstextures.jpg

STILL NEED HELP WITH TILING. IF ANYONE IS WILLING TO HELP YOU WILL BE GIVEN CREDIT AND MUCH THANKS.

Level 2
Only the screens from Stonetalon Pass looked somewhat like Warcraft.
The rest just looks too dark, busy and the bump map stuffs just don't work for Warcraft to me, it should be clean, simple and cartoony :p

Level 4
Very cool stuff
I kind of fell in love with the Barrens and Stonetalon maps.

I dont know if it´s just the screenshot but the Barrow Dens terrain does not semm to be playable for a melee game. Dont get me wrong it looks awesome but for a melee game its just a bit too detailed, i personally wouldnt know where my units would be aloud to walk over and where not.

P.S.: Is it possible to still sign up for this mod? couldnt find anything about it

Level 10
Very cool stuff
I kind of fell in love with the Barrens and Stonetalon maps.

I dont know if it´s just the screenshot but the Barrow Dens terrain does not semm to be playable for a melee game. Dont get me wrong it looks awesome but for a melee game its just a bit too detailed, i personally wouldnt know where my units would be aloud to walk over and where not.

P.S.: Is it possible to still sign up for this mod? couldnt find anything about it

If the latter, you'll have to wait as we're only in Closed Alpha testing right now.

Level 2
WoW, I just saw the vid in the website, WoW..... I saw many good looking stuff but not has this, when you think the mod will be out ???

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Hmm, If I didn't know better I'd say that's Warcraft IV :D, Nice work! Can't wait for the release.

Level 6
Just a questions, might not fit here but since there is no other place to ask it.

I've checked through the hero section of the horde and every hero seems to have gotten their spells alternated. Well expect the Goblin hero has exactly the same as the Wc3 goblin, why haven't you alternated his spells aswell?

Level 6
I can help you with the data editor and triggers. I'm very experienced with creating things with triggers, I'm also good at using the data editor.

Level 6
And yet, the editor is still pretty worthless as a whole. You guys have gone through great lengths to produce a product like this, but if Blizzard gave a damn about custom content they'd have made things way easier on people like you.

Level 20
Cheers Rui, appreciate it!
I'm sorry if the updates (and responses) seem a little sparse and infrequent.

@Pr0nogo - I don't hate it as much as I originally did, though the lack of information on art tools/documentation is the most infuriating thing...

I still feel it's too close to being a full engine though.

The reason people liked World Editor over things like UDK and Unity for e.g. was the simplicity or ease in comparison, it was a good way to ease you into those things.

The SCII editor feels like it's trying to be a full commercial engine, without the necessary freedom you'd expect like standalone packaging.

The GUI is the most impressive thing so far, it's so good I do somewhat doubt the necessity of learning Galaxy - a vision perhaps shared by many seeing the state of our galaxy submission section... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.