• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Posting threads in this forum

Level 12
Oh! Me!

I'll be the first to apply, ^^

I played this alone 1.17 a while back as a barbarian...though I got creamed soon after that first "boss" fight considering I only had about 10 hp and there were no healing items left, nor continues, I simply pulled a Leeroy and haven't played wc3 since, xD

But this has definitely piqued my interest. Also, I have one question. What do you plan to do when D3 is finally released? Do you plan to continue this map to follow D3? Or simply discontinue it?

~Vizel

Last edited:
Level 30
lol :)

Yea, according to Bashiok, the fact that its being developed on a blizzard game engine means we shouldnt have a problem :D

When D3 comes out though, I hardly think people are going to chose to play this map over the real diablo 3 ;) so its probably going to be made obsolete when it does :p

That still gives us well over a year though to fully appreciate this project :D

I was talking to Ghan_04, and apparently the bug reporting forum has been made public so anyone can post in it :)

Level 19
I was talking to Ghan_04, and apparently the bug reporting forum has been made public so anyone can post in it :)

Shouldn't people be able to create threads for suggestions, comments, and so on? It would be a great addition if possible.

EDIT: kinda offtopic but I'm creating a little podcast like thingy using Xtranormal.com regarding the inventory. It's just for fun. nothing serious.

Last edited:
Level 12
I suppose you're right there, if Bashiok says so, it must be, ^^

But, not everyone will be allowed to go buy D3, and you never know, people may want it on wc3, too. Who knows.

Level 2
I would like to make new threads.

D3 won't be out for 2-4 years so this map will survive for quite awhile.

Level 2
ME ME ME!!!!! :grin: :cry: :xxd: :fp: :mwahaha: :pal: :spell_breaker: :con: :eekani: :cute:

Edit: If anyone can help me with this problem:

My modem is Westell E90-610015-06

I portforwarded it. 6112-6119

I try hosting and get nothing. Can't get people to join.

Is there something I'm missing?

Edit: I found out that the ports are closed. I portforwarded both on my modem and firewall but it's still closed.

Last edited:
Level 2
Anyone here from USeast wanna host this and get a group going? I can't host and really wanna play this.

Level 6
i would like to post too! i got some great suggestion in my head and they need to get out :)

Level 19
i would like to post too! i got some great suggestion in my head and they need to get out :)

Post the ideas of yours in the suggestion section.

Regarind hosting you should go to http://portforward.com/

1. Scroll down and click on your router.
2. Pick a game you'd like to host in.
3. Follow the instructions.
4. If you haven't done any mistakes you're set. If it didn't work then don't trouble shoot it here.

Don't ever discuss hosting here. Go to a tech site if you need help.

Level 6

i cant post i get this error(when i click new thread)

madqc, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Level 19

i cant post i get this error(when i click new thread)

madqc, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Oh well... I'll ask CloudWolf to make it public once he returns.

Level 2
I'm unable to post threads yet so I thought I would post here for now.

Just so you know, I love this map and how much it can accomplish, so don't think I'm hating it.

There was something I noticed while playing the map a few times.

It doesn't have a Diablo-ish feel to it since it's really slow paced and the mobs don't die realisticly. I thought maybe you could increase attack speed, increase movement speed, and lower mob health. Adding special mobs here and there to balance it out of course. It just feels like I'm playing WoW sometimes with mobs that have skin made out of steel.

When I'm done playing it, I don't feel like playing it for the rest of the day since it takes a while to kill mobs and you can just spam heals with no worry of losing in the map. It feels really repetitive since I can't find much action or diversity to it.

I was thinking of taking away the witch doctor heal completely and let him be a summon/damage class instead of just a healer, but give potions more love and make poitons drop off of mobs. Able to stack potions on each other. If feels like WoW raid by getting a tank and a healer.

The other thing that makes it slow paced is the slow mana and heath regeneration.

I know that the map will go through a lot of changes, but this is what I feel took away the Diablo feel to it. No tanks or healers, but potion spamming and damage! I know people don't feel the same way about this than I do, but this is just my opinion.

0zk

0zk

Level 1
well hello there... i just joined the hive workshop because of this map. it feels awesome.
i just tried to open a thread to say hello to everyone and congratulate you for your work... but ya know... i can't really open a thread... so... xP
anyways... i hope the 1.18 version comes out soon, and again you guys are terrific... great work...

p.d. i would love being able to open threads ty very much.

Level 1
Can you add me to the list also?

and why is there no introduction thread? I thought those were pretty common on these here forum types?! :p

Level 2
i would like to be on this list, i would like to post topics about classes/skills and what not, discussions and more. i would also like to form a d3WC clan, i think it would be coo lto have and very fun to have a group to play with all the time

Level 17
Can you add me to the list also?

and why is there no introduction thread? I thought those were pretty common on these here forum types?! :p

introduction threads is not here becouse this sub-forum is only made for diablo 3 warcraft stuff, not introduction stuff and such things.
But why not just introduce yourself in your first post around the forums?
I do that sometimes when im new around.

Level 3
I'd like to be able to post in the future, I have some things I'd like to say and I would like to see this mod grow well and end up as a beauty. :smile:

Level 17
Well, one problem with that is that this map isnt under development anymore.
We simply do not have time to work on it anymore, and there is alot of people out there working on other diablo 3 mods, a few of them is even based on this map.
You should probably follow them insted, as they are still getting development, and i really think that would like some feedback :)

Level 17
Not really finished..
We did just not have time to finish the map.
It is in beta, and it will probably never leave it.
the plans was to get out of beta around 1.20, and when we had the new inventory system ready, but thats not really the case now.
CloudWolf is busy being the admin of another UDmod, moderating resources here AND real life.
I am busy with my future starcraft 2 projects and moderating UDmod.
The rest of the team is doing other things.

So well, we do not have any plans to ever continue with this project. But CloudWolf, RedMarine and i plan to make our own starcraft 2 projects to look forward to :)
And i also talked with CloudWolf about making another map togheter with him in starcraft 2 in the future, and he seemed happy to do so, but first he wanted to start easy with his own project. :D

Level 3
wait, why is this still a hosted project then if it's never going to happen. Or is it just for the demo?

Level 2
very good even when you leave the devil WILL stay 3 this map to be immortal.
encerio when playing the devil 3 I'll remember the old days XD
very good map.

Level 1
Hi this is probably totally in the wrong thread, sorry about that.

Basically I love your maps really polished work, but I have a few little issues with some of the image compression. The in game gui and loading screen images both seem a bit colour lossy but this can be fixed easily with a correctly indexed pallete. I'm also wasn't too keen on the logos style maybe a little corporate looking? So I knocked this one up in my break if you like it I can give it a final once over and pass over the hi-res files?

Last edited:
Level 19
Hi this is probably totally in the wrong thread, sorry about that.

Basically I love your maps really polished work, but I have a few little issues with some of the image compression. The in game gui and loading screen images both seem a bit colour lossy but this can be fixed easily with a correctly indexed pallete. I'm also wasn't too keen on the logos style maybe a little corporate looking? So I knocked this one up in my break if you like it I can give it a final once over and pass over the hi-res files?

Thanks for your offer but we're no longer working on this project. Last activity was probably around late 2009.