• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

May 2009 News Batch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
52014d1239486324-april-2009-news-batch-thehiveworkshopnewsbanner.png
Artwork by Archian, then edited by Rui

Opening...
by Rui (Development Director)

After so many years of modding, Warcraft III still surprises even the most experienced. Around a week ago, it was discovered that using a JASS function you could turn integers (alphabetic and numerical characters) into bytecode, yet the script that allows you to perform such an action had been there the whole time! And the discovery was made by a user that barely knew what he was doing.A discovery that's not (only) good news. Allowing bytecode to run compromises your system's safety, since it permits harmful code. For this reason, many people have started to advertise the problem and advising Warcraft III players not to play until patch 1.24 is out.
Six years have passed since its release. It was probably one of the first custom campaigns to be available. Known by many as the best campaign for Warcraft III (story-wise at least), Wanderers of Sorceria (by RazorclawX) is now completed with the release of its sixth and final book. You may now follow the story through to its end! Check the discussion thread here.
EDIT: Joe-black-5 is our new Chat moderator, and zombie2279 will, from now on, moderate icons!
Have a nice May, and good luck for your exams and tests (if you have them).

Index
  1. Top+
  2. The Hive's Arena
  3. Caught!
  4. Last Page (NEW!) Somewhat like Did you know...?.
Opening picture by Archian. News Batch content by Rui.

Top+
Last month I said it was the top 5, but I never thought the download counter would become so heterogeneous after a month, so I'll follow my original idea: making a top 10 instead of top 5.The data was gathered on the 3rd of May.

52012d1239486253-april-2009-news-batch-maps_diabloiiibeta_preview.jpg
=#1 (#1) Diablo III Beta (v1.17) (by CloudWolf)

It was not a short-lasting victory. "Diablo III Beta" scored 11.000 downloads this month, with no new version released. An example to the many RPG maps out there.

rating_3.gif
by Rui
(for version 1.01)

maps_12795_preview.jpg
^#3 (#2) DBZ Tribute Elite (v2.1b) (by ikcilapmada)

"DBZ Tribute Elite" is the Hive's top downloaded map, but with "Diablo III Beta" climbing so fast, ikcilapmada's map might lose this position! Its download counter this month was but a fracture of CloudWolf's RPG -- 2.200! Still, it is not a bad result.

php_space01.gif

52011d1239486253-april-2009-news-batch-maps_dbzthesayanrace_preview.jpg
^#4 (#3) DBZ The Saiyan Race (1.59) (by Doctor-Pepper)

Doctor-Pepper's "DBZ The Saiyan Race" has climbed up one position since last news batch. Its download counter increased by 2.000 since last month. The constant releasing of new versions might have helped (last news batch the version number was 1.31).

php_space01.gif

maps_12766_preview.jpg
v#2 (#4) Upadoro TD (v0.97d) (by EpixBelongToMe)

"Upadoro TD" fell two positions since last Top+. The download counter summed 1.700 more downloads, resulting in 6.500 total downloads.
EpixBelongToMe's map has a rating of 4,43, which is better than those of Doctor-Pepper's and ikcilapmada's maps.

rating_3.gif
by Rui
(for version 0.96)

attachment.php
new (#5) Against the Darkness (2.8a Final) (by 1)ark_NiTe)

Now with a trailer video on YouTube to promote the project, "Against the Darkness" makes it to #5 on the Hive's Top 10! The survival type game got over 1.500 downloads this month, making a total of nearly 17.000!

php_space01.gif

52013d1239486253-april-2009-news-batch-maps_the-chosen-ones_minimap.jpg
v#5 (#6) The Chosen Ones (3.3) (by Aeroblyctos)

Having fallen 1 position since last news batch, The Chosen Ones occupies position #6, with almost 1.500 downloads this month. It is the only campaign of this Top+, and the second most commented resource (being surpassed only by "Diablo III Beta").

php_space01.gif

maps_17961_preview.jpg
new (#7) Angel Arena Allstars (1.68c) (by youkaiz)

Featuring 91 heroes (plus 16 special ones), 21 bosses, 400 creeps, and many items, including recipes for fusions, "Angel Arena Allstars", by youkaiz, debuts at #7 of the Hive's Top 10.
The map was last updated on the 1st of May.

php_space01.gif

attachment.php
new (#8) Nickba's ORPG (v4.00Betav2) (by nickba)

The preview looks far better than the minimap. The second Role-playing game of the top, "Nickba's ORPG" combines various custom systems like attribute, damage, and experience, plus, of course, a save/load. Additionally, 11 hero classes are available.

rating_4.gif
by VGsatomi
(unknown version)

attachment.php
new (#9) Fortress Siege (1.54) (by Tranquil)

The ninth most downloaded map this month, summing over 1.000. This map's rating (4,74) is the exact same of "Against the Darkness"'s, but with 12 more submitted opinions.
The map was approved by Gilles in June of last year.

php_space01.gif

maps_16441_preview.jpg
new (#10) Grand Battle (v1.4 AI) (by scorpion182)

A hero arena containing 26 anime and video game characters. Among them you can find Sephiroth, Vivi, Sonic, Pikachu, and Mario! The game allows you to play from solo to full house!
"Grand Battle" has been downloaded 1.000 times since the 4th of April.

php_space01.gif

The Hive's Arena

• Speed Mapping Contest #1 - Results: The results of Speed Mapping Contest's first edition have been revealed.
  • Cinematic Contest #3 Sorrow: Only Bob27 has submitted his cinematic. The contest's deadline has been postponed.
  • Terrain Contest #6 Results: The results of the Terrain Contest #6 (ancient mythology theme) have been posted! Check ~Void~'s, frostwhisper's, and Gilles's ratings on each terrain and get to know the winner!
  • Texture Contest #13: The Texture Contest's thirteenth edition has ended. This competition's theme was to design a Naga themed skin.
  • Modeling Contest #13 - POLL: A poll with 8 submissions has been created. Vote for your favorite model, and join the sixty people who already did! Each of the participant's resources shall be judged by TDR and BlinkBoy.

Caught!
Kimberly

"Im so confused....again :/ I dont know why im punishing myself. i think its awesome cake pie."

On the Chat (1-May-2009)
PurplePoot

"MY NEIGHBOR HAS JUST INSULTED ME BY NOT TAKING A BATH BEFORE BED"

In answer to oh_snap about his country's state laws, on the Chat.

Ralle

"awesome quote database :p"

Referring to kharma's Hive quotes database, on the Chat (3-May-2009)
shamanyouranus

"kharma, people were making tea long before they knew how."

On the Chat.

Last Page

worldeditorhelpzone.gif
Be reminded that questions concerning trigger-creation go on the World Editor Help Zone, while trigger-fixing goes on the Triggers & Scripts forum!
Did you know that the Hive Workshop has a Roleplaying forum? In this section you can post any sorts of text role-playing, and there's also a child forum specifically for Warcraft.
roleplayingsection.gif
report.gif
You can now report private messages! The button is located to the top right of the box.
The Hive Workshop is now affiliated with Diablo III Warcraft (a stand-alone website for the map with the same name) and BattleTanks (btanks.net)!
btanks.gif
icons_525_btn.jpg
zombie2279 has been promoted to Icons resource moderator! He was the secret one from last edition.

zombie2279 joined the Hive on December of 2007.

Last edited:
Level 13
I like it. Can someone tell me what all this with theese ducks are about? I just remembering being away for some days and come back to a ducky hive ;D
Good new batch, but i would really have loved something about the ducks XD

Status
Not open for further replies.