• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Project (working on name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Zombie Project (now almost leakless)

Please Test the game before you post

NOW ALMOST LEAKLESS!!!!!!

Staff Positions Open:
-Backup and assistant Terrainer
-Modeler
-Idea maker
-Wing man/publicity
-Importer/Exporter (i need somebody to import triggers and other things and fix things for the finished terrain)

Fulled Staff Positions:
-Terrainer:proximity
-Head Map designer/triggerer/object editor man:Monkeyboy/Al_Elric/bluemero/Extreme-Pro/The-Hench-Men (iv got a lot of different usernames lol)
-Word Spreader:nekronuke
-Backup Triggerer and tester:Mister Chocolate

-----Below this line is just the ideas/statistics/ and facts about the map,only read if your really interested,i wouldnt read it myself lol. also go straight to testing the map before you post if you dont read this and remember the -cam off cmd which turns off the 3rd person camera,also hammer+some wood=barricade,hammer+metal+bullets=turret.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

basically its another zombie survival where you can build barricades,basic turrets,heavy bullet turrets,liquid nitrogen turrets,and incendiary bullet turrets,(and more which im working on) which all cost a certain amount of wood (wood can be found by picking up the wooden crates scattered over the map) , you can also jump (blink) to get over players barricades (instead of the gay breaking them to get into bases) you can punch zombies to do 3x your current strength , you can get head shots which you have a 10 percent chance to kill in one shot zombies . and you can get into cars to drive around in by using the "jack da car" skill . its basic storyline is (copy pasted from loading screen cause i dont feel like rewriting it) about 20 years ago this town was the first to be infected by the zombie virus.....it was not the last . as it is right now the majority of the world is now infected...but the town that started it all is now the only Human shelter there is in the world..and Zombies have now grown something of a intellect and they realize this , so they are trying to take it over...Tonight a time machine has been crafted by humanity last surviving scientists , they plan on sending you and your troop of marines back to the night this town was infected to stop it from happening....will you be able to stop this infection? or will you yourself become what you are fighting....you decide . currently the terrain is like 5% done cause iv been focusing on triggers and stuff which triggers are like 90% done and skills,units,etc are like 80% done . currently you play as marines but i want to make a different version where you play as people surviving in the town , which you can pick your classes and find items and etc....but for that i need the models i requested for in the request thread (iv changed it to this go look if you want to) . il be updating this regularly , and my aim with this game is to make it the best and most played zombie survival out there

Triggers 95%
terrain 90%
skills 70%
quests 1%
total 80

also , so everybody knows all the cmds and recipes so far.

-cam off (turns off the 3rd person cam)
-cam on (negates -cam off)
enable cheats (turns on lvl)
lvl (if u say it 3 times u get to lvl 5k something)

recipes:
metal+hammer+bullets=turret
some wood+hammer=barricade

also im thinking of implementing a system that kills all zombies and stops spawning them when its daytime and when its nighttime zombies start coming back . im thinking of doing this to make some quests easier and finding items easier , and just leave some space to let up during the game cause currently unless your on the tips of your toes its almost impossible to find items out of your base.

also , when i finish this version of the map i plan on making a version with classes where you play as survivors in the city instead of time travelling marines :p . but the problem with doing this is that i need models (NO VILLAGER OR MARINE EDITS OR IL KILL U) for the different classes cause like now i want good models for the character you play as .

My main aim with this map is to make a zombie map that is good and stays around for a while and isnt just a UA or SWAT copy , i want to top those games with uniqueness,difficulty,and how long it is.

basic templates for the characters (keep in mind that all firearm users will miss quite a lot but not enough to make them horrible classes)

Handgun Wielder:
dmg:30
atk speed:fast
miss rate:30%
movement speed: fast
head shot rate:20%

Shotgunner:
dmg:70
atk speed:slow
miss rate:20%
aoe:200
movement speed: slow
head shot rate:5%

SMG User:
dmg:5
atk speed:very fast (i mean like 0.001 atk cooldown lol)
miss rate:40%
movement speed:medium
headshot rate:0%

Bat wielder:
dmg:50
atk speed:fast
miss rate: 5%
movement speed:very fast
headshot rate:10%

i also just added a cmd called -cam off (i wonder what that does lol) . also now im getting a kid who wants to help with the overall triggers , hes really modest and he says he was once invited to clan BoM (one of the best mapping clans on east) but he turned them down cause they were really arrogant . also im thinking of making different modes , i.e On rails mode ( self-explanatory) , Survival (you lose 1 hp every second when your hungry which will be monitored via triggers and you also will have to keep track of how much ammo you have) , God Mode/Free mode (you start as lvl 5k something and have unlimited wood and you can build unlimited barricades and turrets) , and some others .

also i need to know if anybody has any ideas how to make it truly reset when the game resets (the timer doesnt come back and zombies spawn right away and the other zombies dont spawn) , which is a problem .

iv been devolping this at wc3 unlimited and i just CnP some of the more important posts over there .

my terrainer is named proximity over at wc3u

heres some screenshots of the terrain hes making:

cityview.jpg

psinterior.jpg

psinteriormain.jpg

Attachments

• Zombie Project.beta~1.w3x
    2.3 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Ok, i read the whole thing and ~

I like the story, its nice, but "You decide" was really kind of stupid. It's as if a player would decide to just kill himself... which sounds really dumb.

You also need to consider balancing the guns out because right now it doesn't seem too balanced currently.

I really like the terrain. its simple but looks neat and clean. The indoor sections kind of confuse me but nonetheless look neat.

You said that there will be a jump trigger (blink)... i hope you will change it to a regular jump trigger instead, rather than magical teleporting powers..

also i need to know if anybody has any ideas how to make it truly reset when the game resets (the timer doesnt come back and zombies spawn right away and the other zombies dont spawn) , which is a problem .

Im not too sure what you mean by this. care to clarify?

Overall this looks like a good map. looking forward to it's completion.

Level 3
so no one actually tested the map >.>

Ok, i read the whole thing and ~

I like the story, its nice, but "You decide" was really kind of stupid. It's as if a player would decide to just kill himself... which sounds really dumb.

You also need to consider balancing the guns out because right now it doesn't seem too balanced currently.

I really like the terrain. its simple but looks neat and clean. The indoor sections kind of confuse me but nonetheless look neat.

You said that there will be a jump trigger (blink)... i hope you will change it to a regular jump trigger instead, rather than magical teleporting powers..

Im not too sure what you mean by this. care to clarify?

Overall this looks like a good map. looking forward to it's completion.
test the map then come back and critique it . cause currently their are no classes , or modes , i said that's a template that i was thinking of doing if somebody ever does something that you can attach weapons to besides a villager edit or a marine edit :hohum: .also what i mean by that is that when the game "resets" when all players die the zombie-free period you had when you first started the game doesn't recur instead zombies start spawning when you revive

Last edited:
Level 7
if its a zombie map, im in. i shall always be available when it comes to zombie maps. if im dead, grab my body, some wires, and a really big battery. attach the wires to my nipples and the other end of the wires to the big battery. activate the battery and i shall help you with your map.

Level 1
Yo that map i played is hot! Its super awesome and you can make it more awesome cuz u r awesome i hope to see the terrain and it may become even more cool its pretty good right now but u can do a lil better!!!

Level 3
if its a zombie map, im in. i shall always be available when it comes to zombie maps. if im dead, grab my body, some wires, and a really big battery. attach the wires to my nipples and the other end of the wires to the big battery. activate the battery and i shall help you with your map.
lol cool , so have you tried it? i need to know what to improve

also could you help in the section of modeling at all?

Level 15
I tryed it quickly, but there wasn't much in there. I didn't understand where to go or what to do, because of the 3rd person camera. Also i didn't have to push the "Fire bullet" button. It auto attacked. And if you are gonna use a firing system, then have a shortkey so you don't have to spam it with ure mouse ^^

Level 3
I tryed it quickly, but there wasn't much in there. I didn't understand where to go or what to do, because of the 3rd person camera. Also i didn't have to push the "Fire bullet" button. It auto attacked. And if you are gonna use a firing system, then have a shortkey so you don't have to spam it with ure mouse ^^
try using the -cam off cmd , and the fire bullet and black arrow are currently useless , so dont mind them . basicly the objective is to survive

also , so everybody knows all the cmds and recipes so far.

-cam off (turns off the 3rd person cam)
-cam on (negates -cam off)
enable cheats (turns on lvl)
lvl (if u say it 3 times u get to lvl 5k something)

recipes:
metal+hammer+bullets=turret
some wood+hammer=barricade

Last edited:
Level 7
I dont like the camera. its annoying and i can hardly see. you need to angle it upwards a little more. its too low and i cant see whats ahead. also you need a shoot system because auto attack disrupts my movement. also jumping lets you move over buildings.

Level 3
I dont like the camera. its annoying and i can hardly see. you need to angle it upwards a little more. its too low and i cant see whats ahead. also you need a shoot system because auto attack disrupts my movement. also jumping lets you move over buildings.

did you try the -cam off cmd? also judging nobody likes the camera , i think il completely disable it till i can get a mode system going , and then the camera will only be in on rails mode

Level 9
It's just like any other zombie survival map, add some unique features or else it will never stand out from others.
And the camera's kind of annoying

Level 3
new version uploaded, made the camera much better , please test the game now guys . i really want to know if the camera works nice now , so i can declare that done lol . also is the turning and moving fine?

so anybody wanna join my staff? i wanna get this zombie survival really epic and awesome .

NOW ITS ALMOST COMPLETELY LEAKLESS

Level 3
I think u need to make tutorials for the roofs and camera stuff since many beginning map makers or a bit more andvanced ones have hard time on it
im not too sure what you meant by that . i didnt terrain the screenshots my terrainer did. although since you mentioned it i might as well mention that the terrains about done

i really like this map... i ca spread the map around once its release-able!
yay il add you

so comments from anybody?

Level 10
I think u need to make tutorials for the roofs and camera stuff since many beginning map makers or a bit more andvanced ones have hard time on it

....he meant that he likes your terrain, etc and was saying that you should create a tutorial to show how it's done.

anyhow, I haven't played your map because I simply read that you haven't added the important stuff like the classes yet and I don't want to host something that unfinished.... but the map looks good so instead of contemplating completion just get stuck into it and bring it up to an acceptable level

Level 1
Hi there, I can be a triggerer and a map tester. I really liked your map and always tried to make a zombie map alone but never got it right... but i would really love to join your team because I got a lot of free-time to to something ^^.

Level 11
I played it and i think its a piece of shit. No offense. But the terrain is bad. If your going to map a zombie game, then you should make it realistic. City terrain, inside a warehouse, maybe in the woods. Your terrain is some sci fi lame.

Another thing, the music. Very annoying and doesnt give off the correct mood.

Building things? I cant build anything wont let me, and those "bullets" are potion that restore mana when i click on them. Magic bullets maybe.

Third person camera is a dissaster, and the way the cars move is also really bad.

Level 3
I played it and i think its a piece of shit. No offense. But the terrain is bad. If your going to map a zombie game, then you should make it realistic. City terrain, inside a warehouse, maybe in the woods. Your terrain is some sci fi lame.

Another thing, the music. Very annoying and doesnt give off the correct mood.

Building things? I cant build anything wont let me, and those "bullets" are potion that restore mana when i click on them. Magic bullets maybe.

Third person camera is a dissaster, and the way the cars move is also really bad.
the reason the terrain is crap is because i stopped working on it because i have a terrainer who made an awesome terrain , the reason i havent uploaded the version with the terrain is because i have to remake all the triggers to fit the new terrained map.

most people like the music thats currently in, also i dont really pay attention to music that much because personally i always have my sound off.

i took out the recipes if thats what you mean because it wouldnt work at all in the camera, and bullets are meant to do that because if you noticed every time you attack it minus's 1 mana and when you have 0 you cant attack , its my way of using bullets but without having to use up both lumber and gold .

i kinda realize that the cam is a disaster but when i do remake the triggers for the new terrain i plan to make different modes , one being onrails mode where you cant choose where you move but you can select/click the zombies to shoot them and that will be in the 1st person cam

also the car move is bad because im not even sure how i would change the rotation and speed of the cam and everything for the car , plus its currently bugged because there is no unit stops transporting unit or anything so theres no real way for me to check whether the unit is still in the car or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.