• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Island Survival v2.7

site_news.gif
site_news.gif

Zombie Island Survival 2.7

by venger07

MAP INFO
You were lost in a mysterious island after your ship got sunk by an unknown creature. Build defenses and survive from zombies and wild animals that appear at night. Gather resources and explore the island. Make sure to prepare all your necessary needs before dawn as you'll find it difficult at night. Survive as long as you can.​
You can choose whether you want to survive with your team or survive alone. You are given 4 profession to choose that you think will help you survive in the island also has unique skills and privileges.​
►Hunter - Gives you hunting tools.
►Craftsman - Gives you work benches
►Collector - Gives you high-grade collecting tools.
►Builder - Gives you basic building materials.
FEATURES
► Realistic Environment Sound effects
► Day and Night Cycle
► Basic Survival Mechanics (Hunger / Thirst / Temperature / Hygiene)
► Fishing , Gathering and Mining resources
► Build and Defend
► Auto/Adjustable Camera
► Weather System
► Flexible Unit Navigation (Arrow Keys or Mouse)
► Unique Inventory / Crafting / Equipment System
SCREENSHOTS and VIDEOS
256534-ab9aa1d1796a92a193413cd0900f07a1.png

256535-67a19ee82957efbaedad7010205548ff.png

256536-c6a21171005db74e66725368aff8d847.jpg

CHANGELOG

►Increased Map Size
►Character Movement is changed, you can now use right-click to move your character across the map for easy navigation.
►Added new animal (Snakes, Pig and Dog)
►Added new buildings (Barn, House, Granary, Dog House)
►Barn can produce pigs every 30 seconds and increase food cap by 20
►Granary can help you store food
►Windmills can now generate energy for Lumber Mills, Stone Miners and Ore Miners within 1000 AoE
►Lumber Mills. Stone Miners and Ore Miners has now energy indicator and costs energy while producing materials
►Added new food (Berries and mushrooms)
►Carrots needs to be gathered from the ground
►Bear traps are now automatically placed in your position once it's used
►Camera now zooms in if there are trees behind your character
►Gathering hide from dead animals is now 40% chance
►Wood floor, log walls , doors and windows are removed.
►Eating fruits can instantly heal small amount of hp for your character
►Batteries will now automatically be consumed and adds 1 energy once transferred to Lumber Mill, Ore miner or Stone Miner
►Dog House let's you tame a dog as loyal companion, can help you suvive.
►Added new insects (Bees, Spiders and Dragonflies)
►Added Crossbow Turret / Requires arrows to attack , you can craft arrows but you need feathers from chickens.
►Fixed bug for iron bars
►You can no longer drop equipment when being used such as Hatchets, Pickaxe, or Weapons.
►Fixed bug with Hatchet and Pickaxe when unequipped.
►Added 2 New Caves
►New Resource - Charcoal - used for effective cooking or smelting iron ores.
►Added new ability compass
►Changed combat system (Gathering tools and Weapons are now considered as one, you can use gathering tools for attacking enemies)
►Optimized gathering system
►Added new enviroment sounds (Sea side, cave)
►Fruits and crops are automatically transfered to Status' inventory if it is not full.
►fixed save/load system
►fixed bug in crafting when items are inside the craft unit
►fixed bug with perks not working
►fixed bag not displaying
►fixed missing blueprints in House Blueprint (tent,storage box, wood table)
►camera rotation no longer follows the facing angle of your character but you can still control the facing camera rotation using arrow keys
►you can now gain EXP from gathering grass, flowers, mushrooms, carrots & berries
►in-game time speed reduced
►fixed claim button function
►increased chance of getting hide from animals to 60%
►animals are now panicked when hit
►increased number of animals
►gathering rersources now slightly reduces your thirst and hunger
►new resource (Honey Jars) drops from bee hives. Can restore stamina over period of time.
►attacking when using bow will no longer change camera angle and distance
►changed Talent Strength effect - decrease your time for getting hungry and thirsty.
►fixed gathering floating text when thirsty, exp gain is 0 and should show "Miss!"
►lowered the requirements of making storage box and you can set up name for your storage box
►added loading screen and minimap
►added cinematic intro
►added medicine table. You can now combine herbs to make medicine.
►players no longer start at random point in map if the mode is COOP
►you can only stack your items up to 20 stacks.
►sewing table no longer crafts ropes, you can craft your ropes using the crafting ability Hunting Weapons
►maximum crafting is limit to 20 pcs. you must claim the crafted items in workbenches to start crafting again.
►fixed bug in cinematic
►added extra weapon/tool switch (you can now store additional weapon or tools to quick slot to save some inventory space)
►added status indicator in multiboard (Hunger, Thirst, Hygiene, Temperature)
►transfered the Talent and Equipment button to Status unit
►build house limit to 1
►you can transfer water from deep well to your house to take shower.
►fixed bug when upgrading house.
►stamina now regens faster when inside your house.
►fixed bug in cave where you can't enter or go further
►explored maps are no longer visible and it will always be covered with black
►you can also carry torch and gathering tools at the same time (make sure to make your torch as your primary weapon)
►added appropriate animations for survivor (Credits to Kuzakani)
►improved terrain environment
►fixed the problem with stamina drains after gathering resources
►added new sky
►fixed carrot seeds description
►added new sounds
►fixed cooking meat bug added claim button
►wood barricades can now be upgraded to stone barricades
►added certain rewards when you load your character and reached a certain level
►added new sounds
►added new HD textures
►stone fences and iron walls can now be retrieved
►fixed bug mana reduction per second even when not moving
►fixed gate rotation
►improved terrain textures
►you can't equip the same type of weapons
►fixed weapon breaks while equiped with torch
►fixed wood gate closed no longer passable
►fixed gates animation
►walls, barricades, fences and traps can now be stacked up to 10
►increased the brightness of camp fire
►fixed camera auto-zoom in/out
►camera auto-angle can now be turned off/on by typing "-ac"
►added new Palm Trees with variations
►increased map size
►added new fruit "Coconut" chance to drop from palm trees
►you can use arrow keys to move your character
►you can toggle your camera to Zoom Mode by typing -Zoom
►zoom is disabled when inside the cave
►camera will automatically zoom in when entering a cave

►implemented Anti-cheat system
►improved terrain
►added critters (crabs, hermit crabs)
►improved fog
►added supply box drops
►mushroom now grows and grows faster when raining
►fixed camera lock bug when crafting
►if you found a tiny turtle, please DO NOT KILL it :)
►Changed cinematic
►slightly increased unit's rotation
►fixed mushrooms still show even after being gathered
►supply box from airdrops disappears after 2 minutes.
►fixed player in cave bug unable to adjust camera height
►improved terrain
►improved textures
►changed UI (credits Spellbound)
►new item added (Bandage) can be crafted using cloth
►your Status is also your hunger/thirst bar (health bar/mana bar).
►added new function in Unit Status (Camera Toggle) changes camera angle and height
►Fixed bug in co-op where other players unable to create their character at the start of the game.
►Decreased the spawn delay time for zombies at night. Zombie will now spawn faster at night.
►You can now upgrade Arrow Turrets to Stone Turrets or Spike Turrets and can be upgraded using Gold Coins.
►Stone Turrets requires Bricks to attack while Spike Turrets requires Blades.
►Blades can be crafted through Weapon Crafting which requires 1 Iron Plate.
►Decreased crafting for medicines to 19 seconds
►Decreased crafting cloth to 10 seconds
►Decreased crafting for iron plates
►Decreased crafting for carrots to 19 seconds
►changed progress bar into ring indicator credits to biridius
►Added new Item Flashlight
►Fixed players are enemies even when Host selected COOP mode, fixed player gets kicked out when receiving damage. Thanks to Majkon17 for reporting the bug :)
►crabs and frogs can now be killed and cooked
►cooked items are now dropped beside the campfire
►fixed error with anti-cheat when playing multiplayer
►fixed bug stamina drain when dropping or picking up items on the ground
►added new cloth items (Bronze helmet and Miner's helmet)
►new updated inventory, craft, equipment system (Press F1 to toggle Inventory or Character Status)
►fixed bug when making watch tower
►computer no longer adds vote in skipping cinematic
►strength now adds 10 Max Health and intelligence adds 10 Max Stamina
►fixed issue with de-sync problem when attacking enemies.
►fixed issue with de-sync problem when gathering resources.
►fixed issue with de-sync problem when jumping.
►fixed issue with de-sync problem when running exhausted.
►increased the bag charges max to 100
►gasps sounds are no longer played for specific player. Other players near you can hear your gasps when running or gathering.
►watch out for falling coconuts! Coconuts now fall from palm trees and can stun you for a short duration of time also causes headache.
►when your character dies, you can spectate other players who are still playing. Press left or right arrow keys to change camera target lock.
►all the items you collected will now drop when you die.
►charcoal can now be used in melting furnace, iron workshop and torches.

►Added new item (Flare -allows you to call an air drop supply in your location)
►Changed the drop chance from airdrop supply now you will get 100% of meat, logs, stones and 50% to get Waterbag (full or empty)
►Fixed bug when drinking water bag (full) you should receive the water bag (empty)
►Fixed bug when crafting bricks, iron bars and cloth.
►To open/close/use/drop items in your bag, (no longer arrow keys or F1 and ESC) it is now accessible to your hero panel abilities
►New players will now get basic gathering tools at beginning of the game.
►Collector will get advance fishing rod
►Ropes now require 10 grass but gives 5 ropes after crafting
►Arrows and blades now give 5 pcs after crafting
►Fixed bug when gathering switching weapons at the same time when bow is equipped as your main weapon
►Players can now drop all items in their bag slots
►Added rubbles, you can dig it up and get a mysterious box that may contain valuable resources or just an empty box.
Rubbles are scattered all over the island so make sure to check it out as it may help you survive the forest.
►Increased coconut's hydration from 8 to 12
►Fixed minor bug when bear dies it turns to different color
►Fixed minor bug zombie sounds are now played properly in-game

►Players no longer able to build house directly. They will need to craft a tent and upgrade the tent to become a house.
►Added new Building (Stable)
►Changed Spike Turret to Blade Tower.
►Blade towers now deal damage when enemies get near
►Fixed bug when crafting Dog House
►Fixed issue with upgrading buildings
►Fixed minor issue when skipping Cinematics
►You can now drop items by group (10 pieces)
►Fixed hotkey description for Drop All in your bag
►Reduced some weight of the resources
►Fixed bug when fishing unable to catch fish when pulling out the fishing rod
►Fixed minor bug fishes grouped to zombies
►Improved UI for Walls and Gates credits to induwer
►Increased the size of the gates
►Player unit will now stop gathering if got stunned
►Fixed bug adding charcoal in campfire
►Fixed bug with chickens and pigs are no longer invulnerable
►Fixed bug when transferring items to Advance Melting furnace and Iron Workshop
►Taming a dog no longer requires 500 gold. Once you build a dog house, you can immediately train 1 dog.
►Some of building blueprints has a pre-requisite building
►Slightly increased movement speed for animals
►You can tame horse when its HP is below 40%, make sure to have a taming net.

Previews
Contents

Zombie Island Survival v2.7 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Definitely an awesome survival map with top notch atmosphere. However, the camera and turning is really clunky and gameplay impeding, sometimes tending to break. A camera reset option would really help. Approved. If you want more reviews, you...
Level 13
It's a very interesting map. The camera is a little hard to get used to, I would like it to look a little lower, under the feet, otherwise I can not see what's there, in front of the character.
Thanks for trying it out. You can try adjusting the camera when you press "ESC" button to disable the character movements using arrow keys, and type in "-zoom" , you can press arrow up (zoom in) and down (zoom out).

Level 8
  • Very nice atmosphere on the Island it was really scary and gives a good survival feeling.
  • The Sound Effects are also really good.

- The Moving Camera is good but i always had the Problem that it blocked my Sight even with your Tip in the Comments

Level 13
  • Very nice atmosphere on the Island it was really scary and gives a good survival feeling.
  • The Sound Effects are also really good.

- The Moving Camera is good but i always had the Problem that it blocked my Sight even with your Tip in the Comments
Thanks for the feedback. You can try to change the Camera angle. When you press "ESC" it disables the character movements. And when you don't type the command "-zoom" , it allows you to change the camera angle.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Definitely an awesome survival map with top notch atmosphere. However, the camera and turning is really clunky and gameplay impeding, sometimes tending to break. A camera reset option would really help.

Approved

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 13
T
Definitely an awesome survival map with top notch atmosphere. However, the camera and turning is really clunky and gameplay impeding, sometimes tending to break. A camera reset option would really help.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/
Thanks for the review! Glad you liked it. I'll work on the camera and see what I can do to make it better :)

Level 13
Version 2.2 update!
►Fixed bug in co-op where other players unable to create their character at the start of the game.
►Decreased the spawn delay time for zombies at night. Zombie will now spawn faster at night.
►You can now upgrade Arrow Turrets to Stone Turrets or Spike Turrets and can be upgraded using Gold Coins.
►Stone Turrets requires Bricks to attack while Spike Turrets requires Blades.
►Blades can be crafted through Weapon Crafting which requires 1 Iron Plate.

Level 2
Wondering what triggers the "cheat detected". Me and another player would get this at random times. sometimes, it just shows that when we were harvesting rocks (basically at start of game) or sometimes when just walking around.
edit: also wondering why there's a cheat detected trigger when you normally cant cheat in multiplayer

Level 13
Wondering what triggers the "cheat detected". Me and another player would get this at random times. sometimes, it just shows that when we were harvesting rocks (basically at start of game) or sometimes when just walking around.
edit: also wondering why there's a cheat detected trigger when you normally cant cheat in multiplayer
Hi!

I fixed the error now in v2.3 , I used the anti-cheat by Kitabatake, I was planning to have a save-load system in the game so that players won't take advantage of cheat when playing offline. The error occurs when taking damage, due to the cinematic fade filter (red) it causes the anti-vision to trigger and detects the cheat. Since the vision cheat won't be of any use, I removed it. :)

Level 2
Hi!

I fixed the error now in v2.3 , I used the anti-cheat by Kitabatake, I was planning to have a save-load system in the game so that players won't take advantage of cheat when playing offline. The error occurs when taking damage, due to the cinematic fade filter (red) it causes the anti-vision to trigger and detects the cheat. Since the vision cheat won't be of any use, I removed it. :)
Thanks for replying. We were playing the 2.3 version. We never took any damage just walking around and gathering rocks/berries. Another thing we noticed. by the time we get to the island pressing the jump action immediately shows the cheat detected.

I took a look at kitabatake's anti cheat system, and if you've copied everything to the T, and based from what we've experienced so far, i'm guessing it has something to do with mana (though cant really say since i don't know how your code is or if there's anything you've changed). I'm also guessing it has something to do with your variables being messed up because, according to the anti cheat and your F9 info, this should disable cheats on single player. Yet we are getting this on a local game (where cheats dont work at all by default). If the plan is to only disable cheats on a single player, i think you could put a player checker trigger upon initialization where if it detects there are only 1 human players at the start of the game, it enables the anti cheat system.

game works fine when playing alone either in singleplayer or local. the issue is when playing local with another player.

Last edited:
Level 13
If the plan is to only disable cheats on a single player, i think you could put a player checker trigger upon initialization where if it detects there are only 1 human players at the start of the game, it enables the anti cheat system.

This is a great idea! I'll have it implemented on v2.4 :) btw, are you playing the Map using Reforge?

Level 2
This is a great idea! I'll have it implemented on v2.4 :) btw, are you playing the Map using Reforge?
We were only running it on 1.27 not really a fan of reforge. you know, like wanting to stiil see the nostalgia of warcraft 3 wayback 2010.

also, one thing i noticed regarding how mana drains when walking. if you click on the ground a bit far, it does seem to do how it should (slowly speeding up movespeed and increasing mana drain). However, if you select an item from the ground that is a bit far from your char, even if your char stops to pickup the item, mana drain still happens XD. pretty sure this is not intended, but im guessing it may have something to do with issued order pickup item or either the char not reaching the point. That said, not too game breaking since it can be worked around by just walking close to the item then picking it up once the char stops.

The only game breaking thing we found was the cheat detected on multiplayer when we werent even doing any cheat and that issue cant even let us reach the first night

ps. kudos for replying and making sure this is map would be updated

Level 13
We were only running it on 1.27 not really a fan of reforge. you know, like wanting to stiil see the nostalgia of warcraft 3 wayback 2010.

also, one thing i noticed regarding how mana drains when walking. if you click on the ground a bit far, it does seem to do how it should (slowly speeding up movespeed and increasing mana drain). However, if you select an item from the ground that is a bit far from your char, even if your char stops to pickup the item, mana drain still happens XD. pretty sure this is not intended, but im guessing it may have something to do with issued order pickup item or either the char not reaching the point. That said, not too game breaking since it can be worked around by just walking close to the item then picking it up once the char stops.

The only game breaking thing we found was the cheat detected on multiplayer when we werent even doing any cheat and that issue cant even let us reach the first night

ps. kudos for replying and making sure this is map would be updated

That's great! I fixed the mana drain when dropping or picking up items on ground. I'm still waiting for the Miner's helmet model (additional item) that you can craft , once I'm done with that I'll release the new version :)

Level 2
One minor thing i noticed.

if you add computer players in lobby, they are counted as players in the cinematic. Not sure if you plan on adding AI or not but, I'm pretty sure there's a trigger that not only counts the num of players, but also checks if the player is human or not. Pretty minor, but yea. might as well add this as feedback.

Level 13
One minor thing i noticed.

if you add computer players in lobby, they are counted as players in the cinematic. Not sure if you plan on adding AI or not but, I'm pretty sure there's a trigger that not only counts the num of players, but also checks if the player is human or not. Pretty minor, but yea. might as well add this as feedback.

I'll take note of this.

By the way, I'm going to re-do my inventory and craft system. I'm currently working on a system using Multiboard where players can store their resources upto 10 slots. Players can easily see what are the items and charges they currently have on the multiboard so they can easily craft items without checking the hero's inventory.

Level 13
Update 2.4 is officially released!
I made a huge update regarding the new inventory , equipment and craft system (took more than a month to complete). Now you can easily craft your items since you will be able to see your resources in a multiboard

►crabs and frogs can now be killed and cooked
►cooked items are now dropped beside the campfire
►fixed error with anti-cheat when playing multiplayer
►fixed bug stamina drain when dropping or picking up items on the ground
►added new cloth items (Bronze helmet and Miner's helmet) you can combine Bronze Helmet and Flashlight to create the Miner's Helmet
►new updated inventory, craft, equipment system (Press F1 to toggle Inventory or Character Status)
►fixed bug when making watch tower
►computer no longer adds vote in skipping cinematic
►strength now adds 10 Max Health and intelligence adds 10 Max Stamina
►you can type -cam1 to set your camera to default , or type it again to undo

Last edited:
Level 3
this map has anti cheat? cuz when me press arrow on keyboard it desync me. played on 1.26

Level 13
this map has anti cheat? cuz when me press arrow on keyboard it desync me. played on 1.26

Yes it has, thanks for checking this, were you playing the game with other players online?

Edit: Not quite sure what causes the desync when using arrow keys, I do have getlocal player triggers for sounds when the unit becomes exhausted, it produces gasp sounds only the specific player can hear.

Last edited:
Level 13
Update!

Found out that the getlocal player specific sounds causes the desync issues and not the anti-cheat system. I didn't really follow the correct coding for it so I'll be fixing it and will update the map soon. Cheers

EDIT:

Update is now released! After testing it with multiplayer, I was able to determine what causes the de-sync problem and everything should be good now. If ever you still experience desync , please let me know right away so I can fix it. You can join my discord server using this link Join the venger07's server Discord Server!

ENJOY!!!

Last edited: