• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Assault Force (zaf)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I might be doing the next version in a few weeks so if anybody has any suggestions they might be added if they are useful.
That's great, will there be more exp gain for more players and a save system?
There is a save system but it works only in multiplayer. If you play normal mode and complete missions then all alive players gain the same amount of experience so yes if you make it far in the normal mode or finish the survival mode the team get's more experience the more people are playing.

Also the survival mode I can always change it if it's way too hard or somebody comes with some exciting idea for the mode.

Level 1
I have a suggestion. I personally have problems to coordinate team chat, kill zombies, collect useful stuff AND watch the missions. Dunno if im just too noob.
Im suggesting a command that opens a screen like the -mb does. Only u see all active missions, beginnig with main mission. Upon selecting one mission, the misson's radio transmission is being repeated as well as the pings, so even if u miss a mission in the heat of the battle, you can get a quick and useful overview. This would helps new players like me.

Level 4
I have a suggestion. I personally have problems to coordinate team chat, kill zombies, collect useful stuff AND watch the missions. Dunno if im just too noob.
Im suggesting a command that opens a screen like the -mb does. Only u see all active missions, beginnig with main mission. Upon selecting one mission, the misson's radio transmission is being repeated as well as the pings, so even if u miss a mission in the heat of the battle, you can get a quick and useful overview. This would helps new players like me.

Eh part of the fun of missions is only getting 1 notification. With a large-ish team it's pretty much impossible to miss a quest notification completely, I often just ask if I was too busy aiming a grenade. As you play more you also pretty much know off by heart where everything is, or could be, such as the Hive's possible spawn points. The best solution to being new is fixing your newness, rather than getting the mapmaker to babymode the map. We like a bit of difficulty.

Also, if you're dying very often don't blame it on the map. I know a group of 3 people whom I play with often, and we rarely ever lose on Normal until the boss because we have good co-ordination in who does which task. Just need some slight experience and good co-ordination with the other players in the game.

Level 3
Great map, love the terrain!

Survival mode is fun, though we always get totally wiped out with 5 people.
Does difficulty such as amount of zombies or damage or speed or radiation or anything else adjust to number of players? I'm thinking playing 3 players or even 12 players should have similar-ish difficulty.

Suggestions:

1. I hope you make a new class that includes a certain level load code requirement

2. I have a problem with the exp requirement to level up. First, it takes like a few games to get to level 10, which is great. Then, here's the problem, soon enough it gets like 10x slower to level up, I can imagine it possibly taking hundreds of games to level to 20. I'm thinking the level factor is too high making exp requirement exponentially increasing, which is what it should be doing but it would be nice if it's lowered. So I collected the exp requirement values up to level 15 from game-play, and made a little chart.

Lvl|Total Exp|Req Exp
1 30 30
2 75 35
3 134 59
4 211 77
5 309 98
6 435 126
7 594 159
8 796 202
9 1051 255
10 1373 322
11 1778 405
12 2286 508
13 2924 638
14 3724 800
15 4727 1003

Just pointing out that at level 15 the exp needed to level up is basically the amount it takes from level 1 to 9. So just wondering if you have already thought all of this out? If this is your intention then nevermind, though imo such a pity a level 15 won't be getting much more bonuses from replaying.

Last edited:
Level 1
Hi there, Im to the forums and registered just to post here.. Me and my community have been playing this game for weeks now (days I think).. We sometimes reach like 6 - 8 people.. We love this map and we are looking forward to some updates..

We currently have our own TeamSpeak 3 Server.. We play there using Garena. So if you guys are interested to come and join us on TS. PM me or post here.. Maybe we can talk about some stuff to be added for this game.. Its pretty epic if you ask me. :)

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.