• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Assault Force v1.03

v1.03
-Added a new game mode, Survival
-Added 3 new secondary missions
-Added a new zombie, Beholder
-Added a new zombie, Roamer
-Added a new item, Riot Shield
-Added a new item, Crowbar
-Armsdealer starts with Crowbar
-Added a new item, Helmet
-Added Supply Crates around the map
-Added a new selection circle
-Added few new "secrets"
-Added a hp upgrade for bus in garage
-Added an ability for weapon swapping
-Added command -cam2 for higher view
-Hospitals can now cure infections
-Chainsaw shop changed to farm
-Fixed bugs
v1.02c
-All medics have now a medikit backpack
-Zombies have a new unit, an underground tunnel
-Added a new city event
-Scientist purify ability gives more mana at low levels
-Fixed bugs
v1.02b
-Fixed a few bugs
v1.02
-Added a new zombie, mutated hound
-Added automatic reload
-Added a command
-m that shows locations of allied mines
-Added a command
-music that turns all music off/on
-Added Nano Vest
-Added Fireproof Vest
-Added a new item, Laptop
-Added a new item, Alcohol
-Added coolant reactor event
-Added new secondary mission
-More blood
-Fixed scientist's turret bug
-Fixed a bug with entangling roots
-Fixed boss bugs
-Map visibility prevented
-Havoc hp increased
-Helicopter ammo capacity increased from 60 to 70
-Removed a few memory leaks
-Painkiller has custom buff
-Machine gun reloads faster when proning
-Increased sniper rifle clip size from 5 to 8
-Reduced flamethrower and acidthrower damage by 1
-Updated credits list
-Fixed a tentacle bug
-Fixed a power plant bug
-Fixed a small mine bug
-Fixed a vehicle bug
-Fixed pioneer repair bug
-Fixed a helicopter bug
-Fixed a disconnection bug with havoc
-Fixed a backpack bug
-Fixed a shop bug
-Fixed a havoc spawn bug
-Reduced Enlist Farmers and Kleptomaniac chance by 6%
-Fixed a bug with mines
-Medal gives 3 farmers instead of 4
-Removed minigun from medals
-Updated weapon skill system
-Fixed Scientist weapon bugs
-Freak zombie stun duration increased against normal units by 2 seconds
-Fixed item shop bugs
-Mines can now be placed next to barricades
-Time for base reveal depends now on the amount of players in pvp
-Water plant purifies now one more water radiation point
-Sas Marine can't use flamethrowers anymore
v1.01
-fixed a big item bug
-codes from v1.00 are no longer usable because of the item bug
-power plant mission bug fixed
-fixed a bug with vehicles
-landmine activation time increased to 4 seconds from 2, added a special effect
-players can now enter the same vehicle with steal vehicle ability
-credits list updated
Important
A host bot called jk2pach-host4 hosts zaf on all realms 24/7, add jk2pach-host4 as a friend on BattleNet.
All codes from v1.02 and beyond work.
Join ZAF on Facebook and read the latest news and discussions!
If you find bugs or got some feedback/ideas let me know. Due to the 8 Mb limit I had to reduce the quality of sound files.
ZAF is a highly developed 12 player online modern zombie survival game. Three official ZAF songs: Night Tension Song, Combat Song and Action Song.
Modes (3)
12 vs Zombies (Story Mode)
6 vs 6 - Marines Destroy Enemy Base
12 vs One Huge Zombie
Coming Later - 6 vs 6 Marines vs Zombies
Classes (9)
Armsdealer, Demolitions, Detachment Commander, Field Operations, Forward Observer, Medic, Pioneer, Sas Marine, Scientist
Each class has five unique abilities, the players have to work as a team if they are to survive. The level cap is 50 and there is a save/load system to load your hero's experience from older games.
Armsdealer - Provides the team with ammunition.
Demolitions - Master of explosive skills.
Detachment Commander - A class specialized in commanding troops.
Field Operations - Scouter with radio skill to call for ground forces.
Forward Observer - Best class for scouting. Can call air support and uses flares.
Medic - Heals and revives fallen players. Cures infections and broken legs/arms.
Pioneer - Builds barricades and turrets for defence. Can also repair mechanical units.
Sas Marine - The basic soldier of ZAF for beginners.
Scientist - Has the most devastating weapon in the game, Ion Cannon. Can also build a mannable big gun turret and a radar that detects zombies.
Weapons (15)
Carbine, Chainsaw, Combat Knife, Flamethrower, Grenade, Heavy Support Rifle, Machine Gun, Minigun, Rocket Launcher, Semi Machine Gun, Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, Super Shotgun, Uzi, Acidthower
All weapons are attached to the player when picked up. Combat Knife can be used when the player has no weapons. All weapons are unique. For example shotgun has splash but low range and sniper has the highest attack range. All weapons slow the player's movement speed when carried. Weapons have different bullets. Each player can carry one weapon in hand and one weapon on back at a time. Backpack and vehicles can hold several weapons.
Systems
Radiation, Save/Load, Day/Night Cycle, Rage, Electronics & Metal, Random Events, Medals of Honour, Accuracy
Vehicles (2)
Jeep, Bus (Tank Later)
Models - Talon the Mage, Klarnetist, WebSter, Punisher_x, WILL THE ALMIGHTY, oGre_, General Frank, TotallyAwesome, oBs3rv3r, BlackSebastian, JetFangInferno, Illidan(Evil)X, Rao Dao Zao, Fluff, sc_freek, Nasrudin, Daelin, Vuormalainen, Dionesiist, chilla_killa, epsilon, Pyramidhe@d, Teaspoon, PeeKay, War_Golum, tee.dubs, HappyCockroach, HappyTauren, Kitabatake, RED BARON, Ergius, Thrikodius, Kofi_Banan, Goldwolf, SantoRayo[iP], Tranquil, Devine, IronMaiden, Frictional Games, WindexIsBack, Ribenamania, supertoinkz, nikikin, Debode

Textures/Icons - Zombie, Born²Modificate, The_Silent, Denu, ana, Saikann, halo, darkdeathknight, Ammorth, Illidan(Evil)X, Immoralis, Juan_Ann, NFWar, inhuman89, graystuff111, General Frank, HappyTauren, Muoteck, Riley, ChirusHighwind, WILL THE ALMIGHTY, ChevronSeven, Domokun, SantoRayo[iP], Huinipachutli, Muoteck, kola, -Stygian-, Ampharos_222, MortAr, Coinblin, GhostThruster, chilla_killa, M0rbid

Systems/Spells - Waldbaer, Paladon, D1000, StaberFire

Pictures (www.deviantart.com) - adonihs "WWZ - The Battle of Yonkers", Rub-a-Duckie "Grrr...Zombiesz"

Music (www.newgrounds.com/audio) - Denny Schneidemesser (Danman87) "With Gun & Crucifix", Thomas (silencefreedom) "Await", ParagonX9 "The Encounter ( MGS Style )"

Sounds - Unreal Tournament, sound websites

Websites - www.hiveworkshop.com www.wc3c.net www.xgm.ru If I forgot to add somebody to the credits then contact me.

Keywords:
ZAF Zombie Assault Force Modern Survival Horror Marine 12 Players Online Bnet War Mission Helicopter Jeep Bridge Mutation Infection Defense !Epic!
Contents

Zombie Assault Force v1.03 (Map)

Level 9
I've played this and I must say its a nice step up from a lot of the obvious flaws inherent with other zombie survivals like Restricted Complex. I like the reloading system used, where both ammo and the weapon appear as items clicking the ammo reloads the weapon, clicking the weapon unloads any ammo, simple but effective.

There are a handful of things that do need major revision though;

Overhaul Scientist

The scientist is in need of a lot of revision in my opinion, although he has the highest total energy but has no regeneration and is forced to use one his skills to acquire (a pitifully small) amount by purifying corpses.

Also his Big Turret has too many requirements to used effectively;

5 Metal
680 Energy
120 Second Build Time
Uses Pistol Ammo

I would personally lower the energy cost, half the build time, and remove the requirement for ammo, and if need be nerf the turret just a little to compensate.

The turrets model is not a good choice either, since Domokun’s Sentrygun doesn’t look as good when scaled up, Kofi_Banan’s Vulcan or olofmoleman’s Hoth Blaster would look better.

His purify skill could also use an overhaul, since it’s a pain the ass to use it to generate energy since he can only do it on one corpse every 2-3 seconds, even autocast its a serious pain to use.

I would instead increase the cooldown to something like 15 seconds and make it an AOE skill (like flame strike) to where the Scientist would highlight and area and all corpses win the area would be purified at once, this would make the skill a lot better and easier to use overall.

Skills don’t level well

The skills in ZAF start out pretty good but they don’t level very well at all. To a noobie player putting more then one point in any one skill feels like a waste since you get next to nothing for your hard won skill point.

Increasing what you get for adding more than one point to a skill would both making the game easier and more enjoyable to use the skills.

Zombies become too strong too fast

At 0-2 radiation the infected are easy to kill during the day and harder at night, but manageable if you hunker down with some allies at a choke point. But when the radiation increases to 4-7 all of a sudden there are super jumping bloodhounds and felbeasts more or less raping everyone they come across, even high level players.

This should nerfed a lot, the zombies need to “rank up” a lot slower to make the game funnier to play, also it should be easier to reduce radiation levels, since it take forever to cross the map to get to the purification plant.

Boss Zombies are too Uber

I have played more then my fair share of zombie killer / survival horrors, and I more than understand the concept that boss zombies are suppose to be tough to force the team to work together to kill it, but that being said, the boss zombies are way to tough and do way to much damage, they need to be nerfed to about 1/3 of there current strength to make them tough to kill, but fair.

Days are too short, Nights are too long

I like the concept quite a lot of the zombies becoming both more numerous and much stronger at night but the days are to short and the nights to long and it makes it hard to hold them off more than 10 minutes into the game.

Most times the days are so short not even 10 seconds after stepping out of a stronghold to scavenge its already nighttime again and you’re caught with you pants down trying to find ammo and parts.

I would personally double the length of days and half the length of nights so that its actually possible to wander more than an inch or to from a stronghold to scavenge for parts, weapons and ammo.

Remove rage costs for extra abilities

I get why you added the rage resource, so that people wouldn’t abuse skills like sprint (like people often do in Restricted Complex) but it’s a pain the ass having to switch multiboards just to see how much rage you have.

It would be much easier to just add cooldowns and / or minor energy costs to the skills in stead, I would vote for just cooldowns personally.

Marines move way to slow

Player characters move a little too slow for my tastes, I understand slowing people down so its harder to run but all characters should be able to move at least at normal speed, also the speed penalties for using the heavy vest and carrying a weapon are a little to harsh, they could be lowered and / or removed.

Miscellaneous

Cancel Button doesn’t work

I start scavenging a car or building, a zombie starts to attack me, I mash the cancel button to get out of the scavenge, nothing happens, zombie kills me.

Purify Scientist skill icon needs autocast brackets

Simple and easy to add with a program like Button Manager. Since it’s a Blizzard icon they won’t care if it’s modified. And this is needed since the brackets are the only way to tell at a glance if a skill can be autocast.

Shotgun damage delay

When using the shotgun there is a noticable lag between shooting and the zombies being damaged, not sure if this is intentional or not but the lag should be reduced.

These are most of the things I have noticed so far, I'm sure theres more and I'll post those as I find them.

Overall I really like this map, has a certain addictiveness to the gameplay, which makes it a lot of fun.

Looking forward to new versions. :grin:

Regards,

Jake

Level 19
Days are too short, Nights are too long
There is a medal reward that extends all days by 15 seconds. If the days are too long and nights too short then people will say there is not enough action. I could consider adding a second mode in future where days are longer but there are more waves.
Remove rage costs for extra abilities
Depens what other people say about this.
Cancel Button doesn’t work

I start scavenging a car or building, a zombie starts to attack me, I mash the cancel button to get out of the scavenge, nothing happens, zombie kills me.
It works if you order your marine to stop after pressing cancel button.
Purify Scientist skill icon needs autocast brackets
Ok.
Shotgun damage delay

When using the shotgun there is a noticable lag between shooting and the zombies being damaged, not sure if this is intentional or not but the lag should be reduced.
It's not intentional, I will check this.
what warcraft patch does it work
With the newest one.
I don't understand the question.
is this map still continuing??
Yes.

Level 2
When will the new version will come???...
5/5 ... but make more ammo drops its too hard to find ammo if nobody chooses arms dealer..

Level 1
So I tested your map and heres my review..

PROS
[+] Groovy Terrain
[+] Immersive (Warcraft 3)
[+] Weapons
[+] Hard

CONS
There are no Cons.

OVERALL
5/5 -Amazing!

Level 2
zOmBiXcE's cOmMeNt

Positive
-Most of your Doodads
-Some of your Models
-Most of your Cinematics
Negative
-Make your Terrain more interesting
-Make it scarier than it was before
Uhhm, so I give you a score of 3/5.

Last edited:
Level 2
zOmBiXcE's qUoTe

Hmm Looks good testing ! , Full revive soon:

Acceptable parts of the map

[x] Large Colorful terrain and space.
[x] Custom Units , Doodads , Spells and Custom UI.
[x] Good Amount of description in and out of game.
[x] Very fun and epic game.
What let the game down

[x] Needs more color , The text and so on.
[x] Needs more effects for spells and so on.
[x] The map size , If i host this its going to be very hard to fill up.
[x] Make it more scary , In story mode make the game play gripping with Cinematic Moments.
Summing up ,
I give a total score of :
3.1/5 Vote for Approve :D
P.S To me it is not possible to rate a map 4 or 5 because there will never be a map good enough to get a 4 or 5 unless somehow you reinvent everything in Warcraft 3 making the map a stand alone game.

Wrong grammar on P.S "To" me it is not possible to rate a map 4 or 5 because there will never be a map good enough to get a 4 or 5 unless somehow you reinvent everything in Warcraft 3 making the map a stand alone game.
To should be "For"

Level 1
I played this map with my friend. It's very cool!
Some suggestion.
Mission hints (text and position ping) only appeared once, and we don't known what to do after we forgot the position or text hint.
Please repeat mission hints every 30 sec. Or make a command to show current mission hints.

Reload system is a bit inconvenient, even new player don't known why they can't attack or how to reload.
How about auto reload by default, and can use "X" action to reload Manually.

Jump system is also a bit inconvenient, some place looks like able to jump but it can't.
Or sometimes jump to a wrong direction(Can not easily adjust the direction in front of a dead end). Then I must go back, adjust the direction and jump again.
How about make these jump area into two. If a player is in area A then jump to area B, or B to A.
BTW: notd-aftermath's jump system may be better.

Sorry for my bad English.

Level 2
I played this map with my friend. It's very cool!
Some suggestion.
Mission hints (text and position ping) only appeared once, and we don't known what to do after we forgot the position or text hint.
Please repeat mission hints every 30 sec. Or make a command to show current mission hints.

Reload system is a bit inconvenient, even new player don't known why they can't attack or how to reload.
How about auto reload by default, and can use "X" action to reload Manually.

Jump system is also a bit inconvenient, some place looks like able to jump but it can't.
Or sometimes jump to a wrong direction(Can not easily adjust the direction in front of a dead end). Then I must go back, adjust the direction and jump again.
How about make these jump area into two. If a player is in area A then jump to area B, or B to A.
BTW: notd-aftermath's jump system may be better.

Sorry for my bad English.

Urm gud idea and there could be 2 possible ways of the jump system

:fp:1. Use the Slide Ninja Slide or other slide maps system in which u click and it jumps a distance (It is currently being used i think but sum minor changes)

:fp:2. Use the target system with short range so we could just click where to jump ??:grin:

Level 1
This is one of the Best zombie map i played !!
just like michael0011 said can you add AI that just follow you like
the sheriff and uses it skills like in the melee map???
BTW 5/5 GREAT MAP !! xD

Last edited:
Level 1
hey i wanted to know if there is a group of zaf on garena, it needs too much people to play this map and i dont have enough friends that play w3.

Level 1
Really nice map... 5/5
EDIT: Also srry owner... but I want to edit your map just to add +30 secs plus to default day time, all my group want this, so I'll go to do this only for my friends, i'm not going to post the DL version.

Level 1
Such a great zombie map, i really like how complex the system is. On the first try i thought that i should have at least 6 people to survive. I was wrong, this map only need 2 if you are lucky enough.

Attachments

• 15940592_733532243465794_6397928339156706097_n.jpg
    15940592_733532243465794_6397928339156706097_n.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 315
Level 1
For a great map, needs a great community...! Except that... Uh. We are small... But we plan to make a revival for this awesome shit. So, if ya'll got Discord. I recommend joining us---- And if not, but you love ZAF. I highly recommend creating yourself one, the account, I mean... And join us! This way, we have a place for ZAF, and upcoming games will be more frequent!

Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers <<< We'll be seeing you there!