1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Zero Tolerance

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Ralle, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devine

Devine

Resources:
    Resources:
    Reconstructing with what exactly?
    We once were a near professional site for resources.
    We had the best resources and the best only. We had high standards.
    You're not going to tell me some nitwit is going to take over modeling, just because the former, very capable moderator said a few bad words millions of years ago?

Be reasonable. Reason with Ralle. Just don't fuck this place up. I spent my childhood here, man. Don't let it go to shit. Stall the downfall a bit so we can caress the memories, man. Really.

Yes I realize how sentimental this sounds. I had a good time here and seeing it go down like this... can't help but feeling bad about it.

2. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    don't get banned M0rbid.. you still need to tweak that newest texture of mine.. not to sound like a slave-driver, but i really cannot fix it, i have no pixeling skills :| i pretty much need you (if i haven't mixed people up..)

and about this thread, i have no comment about it.. and you Dwiz.. let's see how you'll tend to the things here.. i don't really have that high opinion of you. but then again, i'm not that normal guy either :b

3. M0rbid

M0rbid

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Me and TDW are all cool, I actually suggested him to use this shorter nick yesterday.

(sry, that I put my name first)

I might join his RP site, but I guess that's to far off topic.

4. Klayton

Klayton

Resources:
    Resources:
    As a relatively new member and this not directly affecting me in anyway, I don't completely understand why things are the way they are here. But, I do understand somethings. There are some members abusing power, while there were others that weren't doing that at all, some just said what they felt about the situation and were punished for it, others however, created entire threads making it out to be as if the Hive is a fantasy land ruled by a tyrannical king. I for one, agree with both sides, though some of the wrong people were placed in power others that were right for it, were removed for merely saying what they felt about the situation. I as a person who provides resources for this site have wanted to be a moderator but, to tell you the truth, I'd hate to be one for this site now. I mean you let it go into complete chaos and did nothing about it, you put people in power who I am sure; were notorious for the things that they just got punished for, and now when the actual good staff members state what they feel about the scenario they are punished for that. I am sorry but, if you keep going in the direction you are, The Hive will fall apart. A word of advice to those who are defending themselves, this is the last post I will make on this site, I'm leaving it. If I were you, I'd do the same. Save yourselves the grief there are other sites out there.

5. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I did a few RPs on Dwiz's previous sites and they were nice.. minus this or that.
    everyone is free to leave, but you miss the big picture by a long shot.. this thing had to be done, hive was a stagnant pool with people just jerking off instead wanting to like.. collaborate on cool models like one guy i used to, or still know, depending on his activity atm :b
    perhaps i do act like a slave driver sometimes, but some were even worse

and about moderator position.. i was never given a chance to try :p but would still like to.. i've been moderating a group on a deviant art site,, re-arranging the art into right folders, resolving stuff, removing offending art or members.. and it works as a peaceful little community... but heck, what do i know, i'm known like an annoying member.. anyway, this was pretty offtopic so i close my post now :p

6. ndh

ndh

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    This comment was not needed, just because i have the same attitude towards something does not mean i am "kissing up to the boss". By making this statement you have proved to me that you are one of the people who enjoy the drama and love to quote anything and everyone to get your point across or to continue the drama. And what's wrong with having a sense of trust with Ralle and the moderators? As far as i can tell that is a good thing.

And before you quote me to complain/troll again, think about how ignorant it makes you look to others.

7. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't see how acknowledgement makes me ignorant, quite the contrary actually.

8. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Alright ladies and gentlemen.

Me and Pharaoh had to clean out this thread a bit and issue out temp bans. Please try to keep it civil or this thread will be closed.

9. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Honestly, this is a good change, and it's got me really considering becoming active again. The trolls have finally been dealt with, and this place is improving daily because of it.

10. Pyramidhe@d

Pyramidhe@d

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    all right. so. it's pretty ok that anarchian and sham has been accused of whatever they've been accused with. i was kind of expecting to find my name there somewhere as well. i guess i can see where you are possibly coming from.

but DonDustin?
    DonDustin. a troll.
    "DonDustin was a troll in power." take a deep breath and repeat that to yourself. that is a phrase that in my entire time on hive that i never thought i would ever see. in form.

now.

can you elaborate that a little. i asked you to elaborate what exact reports i had. you never replied. but surely. so here is my question.

what are the details behind reports concerning DonDustin?

11. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You are not DonDustin, Ralle has released the information he has wanted and anything else has been privately discussed with the users in question.

12. I3lackDeath

I3lackDeath

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Pyra, you will not get your desired answers. It's the way it is. Pure politics, there are thousands of ways to avoid answering questions.

13. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    why was dsg demoted? lol

14. Pyramidhe@d

Pyramidhe@d

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ok then.

answer me this

"I am contacting you today because over the time of your career on The Hive Workshop, you have been reported, for being rude/power abusing/not handling situations when you are supposed to and instead fueling the fire. This is partially my fault for always being busy but I am back now, and I expect you to behave in accordance with the rules, one more report and you will be demoted without warning but I do hope it won’t come to that because I believe in you."

that pm. i received as well.

am i to presume that every single mod, active or inactive, "bad" or "good" received it? it is a simple YES/NO question. dont need to give me excuse. just YES or NO. very simple

i have like one more question but lets take this slow and calmly, one by one

15. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Who is the dark wizard?

16. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm sorry but what Ralle has released is what people are going to get.

Hello!
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/latest-updates-news-101/moving-forward-218976/

17. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    i warned you all/ the new world order is here. you cast me aside and called me a troll, and did not listen to my warnings or prepAre , and now the reckoning has come

18. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Get out.

19. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    we dont need more people gone the nwo has already divided us

20. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Damn it.
    This thread is getting too long for me to read.
    I already finished reading the first two pages.
    I give up.

Have we discussed anything new yet? Or are we still asking the same old questions?

This is getting old.
    Let's just move on.

DSG was demoted. So what? He's still a member of this site and he's still able to contribute to it.
    It's not the silly "Moderator" tag under your avatar that makes you a contributer to this community, it's what you do. And Dr Super Good has done a lot for this site.

DonDustin was also demoted. Why should this be important?
    The only difference between a moderator and a user on this site is that the moderator has to actually make what the user's opinions official concerning a certain resource (well, the veterans' opinions anyway).
    That's just about it. Only half the moderators actually get chat powers.

It shouldn't be the 'moderator' tag that motivates someone to actually want to do something for the site and the community.

As for shamanyouranus, well, I guess this is something for him to be ashamed of, I mean, he was just promoted nearly a month ago :|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.