• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your home country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
There have been threads on how old people are, people's sexual preference, and what gender people are. So this thread is unavoidable.

Where are you people from?

What language(s) do you speak?

I was born in Southern California , but am partially Macedonian (look it up), and I speak English, Macedonian, and am learning Latin (I don't know why....it sounded like a cool thing to do)

Last edited:
Level 26
Born and raised in Southern California, USA. Obviously, I was raised learning English, though, at the moment, I am learning Spanish 2 at high school (i will be a freshman there when summer ends) and at home, I am learning Mandarin Chinese (fucking hard). My dad is Japanese and my mom is Taiwanese. I know very few phrases in Japanese (for example, regularly, me and my family say "Itadakimasu" before we eat)

Level 18
Uhh, where in America? Canada, Mexico, Someplace in South America?

My home country is United States of America; I speak English, a few programming and web languages.
Oh I also know some Spanish, French, German and British(HAhAHAHAHAH who is the first to flame me for that)

Level 15
I've lived in California/USA all my life and I speak English (Californian accent), a little bit of Spanish, an extremely tiny bit of Russian, and an assortment of computer programming languages.

Level 10
Born in Minnesota, still living there. My mom has lived in the same zip-code all of her life... heh. I only know English at the moment, I used to know some Manderin Chinese, but I've forgotten it, stopped taking lessons like four years ago with no real opportunity to practice...

Level 32
Michigan, USA

I speak English with a Midwestern American accent: an average Yankee gringo. I know a few words and phrases in French, German, and Spanish, only a word or two in Danish, Romanian and Russian.

I'll create another "language translation thread" where we can all (hopefully) help and teach one another.

[self="http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37047"] >===> [/self] [self="http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37047"]Language Translation[/self]

Last edited:
Level 31
As my avatar and title suggest, I was born and raised in my native homeland. That just happens to be in the United States, more specificly the west coast of Washington State. My first language is english, with a heavypacific north western accent, and I can speak a semi-jargon of spanish/english. I am learning Quniault though, its a little hard cause it's almost completely dead.

Level 13
Southern California (best place in the world BTW...). English (in the sense that I can talk... I suck at spelling... always have) and learning spanish. Spanish can be very useful in So Cal, so I thought might as well find out what they are saying behind the counter at BK.

Level 27
I was born in Chicago, moved to San Diego about a year ago.
I am:
50% Japanese
25% Italian
12.5% German
Woot axis of evil! oh wait...
12.5% Norwegian.
Oh well.
I can speak English quite fluently unless I am horribly tired, in which I speak the language of the zombie. I can speak a little bit of Japanese, but not much. Enough to get around town, not to make an actual conversation that didn't suck.
--donut3.5--

Level 26
I was born in Chicago, moved to San Diego about a year ago.
I am:
50% Japanese
25% Italian
12.5% German
Woot axis of evil! oh wait...
12.5% Norwegian.
Oh well.
I can speak English quite fluently unless I am horribly tired, in which I speak the language of the zombie. I can speak a little bit of Japanese, but not much. Enough to get around town, not to make an actual conversation that didn't suck.
--donut3.5--
You mean the axis powers?

Level 7
3/4 Serbian.
1/4 Croatian.

I speak.
Serbian.
Croatian.
Bosnian.
Montenegrian.

English.
German. (not much, but I think I would find my way out if I was lost somewhere in Germany)
And I am willing to learn Japanese. And probably will in a few years.

The bold languages are almost the same, I just like to point it out, because the whole Balkan is fucking stupid, can't name 1 language.

Level 8
I live in USA, Vermont to be specific (if anyone asks me what state that is in I will kill them). I speak english (duh), along with a little bit of German and Spanish.

Level 15
Australia.

Langs, English (Australian slang, not the British type)
and only afew works in filipino.
those are:
yes, no and dog.

G'day mate !

Norway

Speak Norwegian, English and German.

I live in Sweden, and my mother language is Swedish (my accent is a mix of Stockholm and Gotland).

Other languages I understand are English, German (a little), and sometimes Danish and Norwegian (though I can't speak the languages very well).

Funny, you sweeds doesn't understand us Norwegian, but we understand you

Level 4
Born in Hartford, Connecticut, my family moved to Florida when I was 11, now I'm 15. And I fucking hate it. My Dad's a second generation Sicilian, my grandparents are from Corleone and Melili, Sicily. My Mom is half Chinese, her Dad's from the Kowloon province, near Hong Kong. The other half is from Lousiana, and various western European countires.

Level 13
I live in USA, Vermont to be specific (if anyone asks me what state that is in I will kill them).

But can you really count Vermont of all places as a state... I mean... come on... other then that town of yellow people on fox what has Vermont given the world?

Nothin' thats what.

Level 26
But can you really count Vermont of all places as a state... I mean... come on... other then that town of yellow people on fox what has Vermont given the world?

Nothin' thats what.
59070h.gif

"What has Idaho given us besides potatoes?"
"What has Hawaii given us besides luaus"
"What has Tennessee given us besides the KKK?"

Level 13
Wait wait wait... how can the word "that" be stupid? And whats an "I'm"? o.0

lol ^_^

Level 9
I was born and I still live in Finland. My main language is swedish and I must say my finnish is on a very low level.

Level 3
wooo I was born in washington I speak english I was suppose to learn spanish but the teacher was so senial That I just pretended to learn an I passed!!! GO AMERICA!!!!!!!

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
I was born in Bulgaria, and have lived here all my life. I've never gone out of the country so its the only place I've ever known. I speak Bulgarian, I learned English when I was about 8 years old (from watching TV mainly), and now speak it quite well. Recently, I began studying German, and I have to admit, its hard. So thats basically it.

Status
Not open for further replies.